what version of Quicken that is not staged should we be running?

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken announcement
implies having to use a staged release.
Is there a release for all users that accommodates this announcement?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Sherlock My earlier post about this was removed.  I don't know why.  So I didn't get your entire reply via email, "We have been informed this backend change should only impact accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method and a Quicken version prior to R36.4…"

Maybe you can help to clarify.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Sherlock My earlier post about this was removed.  I don't know why.  So I didn't get your entire reply via email, "We have been informed this backend change should only impact accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method and a Quicken version prior to R36.4…"

Maybe you can help to clarify.
    I noticed your post was removed.  I'm wondering if a moderator has decided to squelch the discussion...

What I said was:

We have been informed this backend change should only impact accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method and a Quicken version prior to R36.48.  In my opinion, it is bad policy for Quicken to be coercing their users on to the staged  R38.30 release when they say it is not required.

Note: We still using R36.38 as the subsequent R36 releases were hot fixes and we do not use the Express Web Connect connection method.

I raised the same coercing users on to a staged release issue to @Quicken Kathryn on Thursday.  On Friday, she responded with:
    Fair point, and apologies; we will get this updated today, and make sure it's focused on, as expected, in the future.  To clarify, our current Windows release is R38.30.
    It has been three days and the Release Announcements have not been updated.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock Thank you for clarifying.  EWC has been working for me on R36.57 .

• DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    The release process is not very clarified and I have had, so far since Quicken was taken over, three releases that caused MAJOR problems and one needed an assist from Tech Support to get my historical transactions to appear again. I have data as far back as 1992, by the way. I hate this new on-line model. It is NOT working for many of us..at least, I do not TRUST Quicken to release software that will keep Deluxe working.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DJPJ ,

You always installed the latest version that you are entitled to. If you click Help and Scroll down and when you are entitled to the next version, you will see "Download Latest Version".

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I wonder when a version that is not staged and is for all users will be released.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get Quicken Inc's release or forum policies anymore.

It has been another 3 days since @Sherlock posted that @Quicken Kathryn stated that R38.30 is an official (not stagged) release and that the announcement would be update, but still, it isn't.

And as far as I'm concerned even if the announcement was updated a week ago, it was WAY overdue.

If you look at any of the "stagged release announcements" or even anything Quicken Inc has said about what their release policy is, it states "released to a limited amount people".

Well, I guess you could say that there is a limited number of Quicken customers, and as such it is limited to that number of customers, but the facts are that R38.30 has been released to everyone that does an install for weeks.  What's more every person that is on a lower version of Quicken gives prompted to update to it.

So, basically you have to activity block that release, not to get it.

If that isn't the "official release (non-staged)" I don't know what is.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If we may no longer rely on the Quicken moderators to update their Release Announcements to notify us when a release has been made available to all users, we may download the installation program and check the product version stamped on the Details tab of the Properties window of the file.  This means some number of users would be polling a 300MB file rather than awaiting a bookmark notification.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock good point on the Details, I just checked, and I have a copy of the Quicken install from 2/23/2022, and it is R38.30.  I wouldn't be surprised that it came out before that.  That is just when I downloaded it. 
    Signature:
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    It looks like the R38.xx webpage has been updated, making R38.30 available to all users.
    It looks like the last 2/15 dated entry was changed recently.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    And today they announced "The latest Quicken for Windows release version R38.30 has been made available to all users."  This is confusing, given the that Q is aware of many issues in R38.30 where they have written in numerous posts that the fix will be available in R39.  So making a problematic release available to all is not the best practice to say it politely. Oh well.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    BK said:
    This is confusing, given the that Q is aware of many issues in R38.30 where they have written in numerous posts that the fix will be available in R39. 
    Just so people know, I have installed R3911.7 and most of the bugs that were reported for R38.30 have been fixed.  To their credit (if you can call it that), the release notes don't say they are fixed.
    Problems still there:
    1. Embedded web browser still broken (this is for all the windows like "Change Assumptions").
    2. Add tax line to paycheck reminder still does nothing.
    3. Last updated date on Home tab Dashboard still wrong.
    Signature:
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Chris_QPW,
    Chris_QPW said:

Problems still there:
    1. Embedded web browser still broken (this is for all the windows like "Change Assumptions").
    2. Add tax line to paycheck reminder still does nothing.
    Thank you for bringing this up!

This was mentioned in another thread as well. So, I went ahead and alerted the proper channels of this, and our teams are now looking into this further as the fix for the embedded web browsers issue was expected to be released with R39.

The issue with Add tax line, however, is a separate ticket and still shows it is open and being worked on.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.