Alerts & Messages is not showing up under Edit - preferences Windows Starter Edition

I checked "do not show this again" but would like to reset alerts and messages. Directions I have found say to go to Edit - Preferences - Alerts & Messages. Windows Starter Edition does not have that option. Where did it go?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ccr500k,

Thank you for uploading a screenshot. 

We have tested this internally and were able to confirm that this option is unavailable with the Starter subscription. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @ccr500k,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what your screen looks like when you navigate to Edit > Preferences? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ccr500k .  When you click on Edit and then on Preferences you do not see the option for Alerts & Messages as shown here?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• ccr500k
    ccr500k Member
    See screenshot:
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ccr500k,

Thank you for uploading a screenshot. 

We have tested this internally and were able to confirm that this option is unavailable with the Starter subscription. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

-Quicken Jasmine

• ccr500k
    ccr500k Member
    Ok, thanks for responding, confirmed my suspicion.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @ccr500k,

Of course, I am glad that I could clear some things up for you. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is a strange one to leave off of the Stater edition.  I would have never guessed it.

It is just one of many of the strange decisions that have been made for what should be in the Starter edition, and why I never recommend the Starter edition.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • @chris_QPW - yes that decision to suppress that option to "reset" alerts is very odd.  Especially when the user is able to "not show" the alerts. 
This discussion has been closed.