I am having the same problem, but I am still using Windows 10
  • PG190
    PG190 Member ✭✭
    Options
    2nd day with this on 2AMEX accounts.
  • mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917086/new-8-1-22-american-express-ol-294-a-or-fdp-105-mac#latest
  • anthony185
    anthony185 Member
    Options
    Same issue. Logged into my Amex account to download transactions manually and found the following:

Instructions for Intuit Customers
    We recently made system updates to our connection to Intuit's Quickbooks and Quicken software. To resume .QFX and .QBO downloads, please complete a Quickbooks and/or Quicken account deactivation and reactivation process.

Please review the following instructions to complete the process, or contact Intuit Customer Support at Quicken.com/support or Quickbooks.com/support for help.

You can also use Quicken Direct Connect.

If you're a Small Business Card Member and have Quickbooks Online, you can enroll in Connect to Quickbooks. Your Business Card transactions will then be automatically synced with Quickbooks daily.

The following instructions also contain information about how to correct any duplicate transactional data when you set up a new account.

Quickbooks Instructions

Deactivate Bank Feeds for Account

Set Up Account for Bank Feeds

Quicken Instructions

Deactivate Online Banking Service for Quicken Acccount

Reactivate a Deactivated Account
  • mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917086/new-8-1-22-american-express-ol-294-a-or-fdp-105-mac#latest
  • SRox
    SRox Member
    Options
    Really would like an update, I am having the same issue.
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    Options
    Moderator Quicken Jasmine, on Ticket #9623555 has posted that Quicken has escalated the download problem, but on the AMEX website, I see this new posting:
    Instructions for Intuit Customers
    We recently made system updates to our connection to Intuit's Quickbooks and Quicken software. To resume .QFX and .QBO downloads, please complete a Quickbooks and/or Quicken account deactivation and reactivation process.

Please review the following instructions to complete the process, or contact Intuit Customer Support at Quicken.com/support or Quickbooks.com/support for help.

You can also use Quicken Direct Connect.

If you're a Small Business Card Member and have Quickbooks Online, you can enroll in Connect to Quickbooks. Your Business Card transactions will then be automatically synced with Quickbooks daily.

The following instructions also contain information about how to correct any duplicate transactional data when you set up a new account.

Quickbooks Instructions

Deactivate Bank Feeds for Account

Set Up Account for Bank Feeds

Quicken Instructions

Deactivate Online Banking Service for Quicken Acccount

Reactivate a Deactivated Account

Of course, when deactivating and trying to reactivate, I still get the same OL-294A error. So it appears AMEX changed something and Quicken has not adapted to that change yet.
  • digitalmediaphile
    digitalmediaphile Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @anthony185 said:

>
    > You can also use Quicken Direct Connect.
    >

I've been using Direct Connect since the beginning of time. I see no such notice when I log in.
  • PG190
    PG190 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried the Deactivation method, failed, can't undo that. Says Quicken can't connect to American Express.
  • digitalmediaphile
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The connection log consistently shows
    20220802 08:20:27: HTTP: Temporarily overloaded
    20220802 08:20:28: QFN: End send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload, netstatus 17
    20220802 08:20:29:

and if you click that hyperlink it returns an interesting message:
    SITE HELP
    Thank You for Visiting American Express
    We're sorry. We are momentarily experiencing technical difficulties. We are working on bringing our services back online.
    For immediate assistance, please call the number on your card or statement. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thank you for visiting AmericanExpress.com.

© 2013 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the terms of the American Express Web Site Rules and Regulations.
  • todwatts
    todwatts Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Micky1701 said:
    > Quicken updated my version this morning to R42.21 and now my AMEX updates are failing. Can anyone else verify this version and issues?

Love it. Quicken update says we are getting a faster, more secure way to download accounts .... and the update completely hoses up trying to update all my American Express accounts.

Is it just me, or are all of you getting tired of paying big bucks to have these kind of headaches?

Is there anyway to turn off any and all program updates if we are happy with the version we're using?

I'd give up any and all future "improvements" and "new features" for Quicken if I had a stable version.
  • CHAS_CCR
    CHAS_CCR Member
    Options
    Day 2 - 08.02.22 - American Express OL-294-A - This needs a proper resolution and not a Rube Goldberg fix. Quicken and Amex need coordination and not a disjointed fix.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken folk, no word from y'all on this. What's the story?
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Options
    I also have this problem and I have had the same problem with the BJ's Master card since 06/23/2022. That's almost six weeks and Quicken has not resolved the problem as of yet. It seems that this AMEX problem is affecting many more users and I sincerely hope that it doesn't take Quicken a month and a half to repair it as history has shown me with the BJ's master card!
  • anthony185
    anthony185 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I followed the instructions that were on the Amex site to fix Quicken issues (that happened following Amex SW updates) and it was no help. Deactivating, and reactivating Online services in Quicken for my Amex account did nothing--I still errored out when running 1-step update.

After deactivating the account, I also tried creating/adding a new Amex CC account--same thing.

So it's broken for sure. Hope Quicken/Amex gets to the bottom of it soon.

In the meantime, going on to the Amex site, selecting download transactions for Quicken (.qfx file), and entering into Quicken is an OK workaround (better than every transaction manually anyway)--just have to watch out for duplicate transactions.
  • hennesy
    hennesy Member
    Options
    Same issue. Quicken Deluxe Windows 10 R42.21. Account stays in "error recovery" even after I restart pc.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try Deactiving your Problem Registers in Quicken 42.21 and then Set Up Now, again.

Remember to make a Manual Backup, prior to major changes. If the Major Change works, do another Manual Backup.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• digitalmediaphile
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Try Deactiving your Problem Registers in Quicken 42.21 and then Set Up Now, again.
    >
    > Remember to make a Manual Backup, prior to major changes. If the Major Change works, do another Manual Backup.

Did this work for YOU and restore OSU access to AMEX?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try Deactiving your Problem Registers in Quicken 42.21 and then Set Up Now, again.

Remember to make a Manual Backup, prior to major changes. If the Major Change works, do another Manual Backup.
    Is this something you're just suggesting to give a try or did you verify this fixed the issue?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am suggesting to try. I can't verify this works or not, because I don't have AMEX Account. Remember with Manual Backups, you can always go back.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Damian said:
    > @tribbiani - all you need to do is to exclude them from being added to Quicken.  All the activity for these "supplementary" accounts should be in your main account, so those other accounts are not needed and can be excluded or deleted.

WHEW! Ok, cool. Thx. Was dreading yet another workaround I'd need to implement. Will try this once Amex is restored.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am suggesting to try. I can't verify this works or not, because I don't have AMEX Account. Remember with Manual Backups, you can always go back.
    Going out on a limb here...if it were that easy I'm sure the Quicken folk would have announced that as a fix already. To date, they have not.

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought I would try a reset.   Nope.

• dpuls
    dpuls Member
    Options
    Same issue. Started seeing Monday 8/1/2022. Quicken updated to R42.21 Build 27.1.42.21 this morning and still same OL-294-A error.
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw someone state that Direct Connect was working for them. So, I gave it a try. I triple checked that it was going to do a Direct Connect. It failed with the exact same error.  Restored my file back and waiting on Amex to fix their system. 
    Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • sithy
    sithy Member ✭✭
    Options
    When trying to download AMEX in Quicken
  • Santanu
    Santanu Member ✭✭
    Options
    After two consecutive days in a row, I submitted a bug report. This morning, Quicken had updated to the latest release (R42.21)
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Bill44 said:
    I saw someone state that Direct Connect was working for them. So, I gave it a try. I triple checked that it was going to do a Direct Connect. It failed with the exact same error.  Restored my file back and waiting on Amex to fix their system. 
    Thanks for letting us know @Bill44 I always use Direct Connect, unless we’re forced to use EWC. This saved me time from following suggestions that appear to not work. Sometimes waiting is the best plan to save one’s time (and sanity). 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have a savings account with American Express Bank FSB, by the way.  That account (Express Web Connect) is working fine.  I only mention it  because of the new web login screen that started appearing a while back.   At this point, I am glad I kept them separate. 

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @dalehawaii said:
    > Sometimes waiting is the best plan to same one’s time (and sanity). 

THIS. Need to shut off automatic updates, and visit these boards for a week or so after an update to make sure there aren't major breaking changes. This is not the first time (by far) that an update has caused significant problems. Save yourself the headache and wait to update. I wish I'd remembered that this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.