R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the message above about seeing something at the AMEX web site. I went. Nothing I could see about Quicken. So I searched the site for quicken. Nothing popped up.
    I'd like to see that message if anyone can screenshot it here.
    Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something else of interest: I read someone mention above their Amex account number was incorrect. Mine is as well. Last 5 numbers good but proceeded by other characters. No other account shows this. Not quite a pay-pal zzz old, but similar in that it has changed unexpectedly by an ouytside source whether AMEX or Quicken. Perhaps that alone is preventing the connection? Anyone try changing to the proper account number?
  • WyattCoon
    WyattCoon Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is the information on the AMEX site when you try to download your transactions:

Instructions for Intuit Customers
    We recently made system updates to our connection to Intuit's Quickbooks and Quicken software. To resume .QFX and .QBO downloads, please complete a Quickbooks and/or Quicken account deactivation and reactivation process.

Please review the following instructions to complete the process, or contact Intuit Customer Support at Quicken.com/support or Quickbooks.com/support for help.

You can also use Quicken Direct Connect.

If you're a Small Business Card Member and have Quickbooks Online, you can enroll in Connect to Quickbooks. Your Business Card transactions will then be automatically synced with Quickbooks daily.

The following instructions also contain information about how to correct any duplicate transactional data when you set up a new account.

Quickbooks Instructions

Deactivate Bank Feeds for Account

Set Up Account for Bank Feeds

Quicken Instructions

Deactivate Online Banking Service for Quicken Acccount

Reactivate a Deactivated Account
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting, thanks.

Does Quicken agree with this?
    Has it worked fro anyone?
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, me too.
    I downloaded a backup and the account is still off, messing up the whole file.
    Plus I have another file.. same thing.
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    When did the simple reality of no new transactions become an "error"?  The answer is after updating to the latest patch R42.21.  Now I have two AmEx accounts with OL-294-A and three Chase accounts get CC-501.  The "error" in the error message detail is that there are no new transactions to review.  I verified and that's true, there a few pending transactions but no new processed transactions.  This is not an "error".    

• RDA
    RDA Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Bob." said:
    > Interesting, thanks.
    > Does Quicken agree with this?Has it worked fro anyone?

No, this does not yet work. You can deactivate the account access without issue. But you cannot reactivate them. You get error OL-294-A when attempting to reactivate.

Get on it, Quicken! You charge a significantly higher price than you ever have for this software. At the very least, it should work AND your tech support should be aware when it doesn't. (Not the case when I called earlier today). This has been a days-long event. We can expect credit for the downtime, right?
  • emogelof
    emogelof Member
    Options
    Same issue. Started two days ago.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @RDA Yet something else to sit tight on. Chase, now AMEX and I have a hunch Fidelity stock holdings boroke yesterday. Tonight will confirm and if so, another thread to start and monitor.
    This is getting old....
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Bob. said:
    > Interesting, thanks.
    > Does Quicken agree with this?Has it worked fro anyone?
    > same as @RDA

No, this does not yet work. You can deactivate the account access without issue. But you cannot reactivate them. You get error OL-294-A when attempting to reactivate.
  • Mark Pearce
    Options
    The Amex issue began immediately after the latest update. So annoying, and there was no announcement at all from Quicken about the issue.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Amex issue began immediately after the latest update. So annoying, and there was no announcement at all from Quicken about the issue.
    Not so @Mark Pearce. AMEX started at leats a day if not two before the latest update for me and several others who have posted the same. Coincidence, but AMEX not caused by this update.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think in the grand scheme of this issue it tracts the same mess as the Schwab issue.  It took a long, long time to get corected and in the end nobody took ownership of the failures. So it is futile to try to definitively place blame when the solution should be the only goal. GOOD LUCK.... 

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• h0ckeysk8er
    Options
    The AMEX instructions state that you can use Direct Connect. My connection is already set up as Direct Connect and I'm getting the download error as well.
  • tkbitterman
    Options
    Exact same issue with American Express
  • SWLevine
    SWLevine Member
    Options
    I have AMEX Direct Connect, also...worked seamlessly for ages...updated Quicken, and now getting the error!
  • effjayess
    effjayess Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Amex downloads are not working as of August 2

Known issue being tracked here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917086/new-8-1-22-american-express-ol-294-a-or-fdp-105-http-503-mac#latest
  • Boze9
    Boze9 Member ✭✭
    Options
    having same issue downloaded transaction from AMEX web page and had numerous duplicate transactions that i had to delete as they had slightly different dates
  • tkbitterman
    Options
    I have tried removing and adding back my American Express account with correct User ID and password to know avail. Please help. I am able to login to my American Express directly with no issues. This has worked correctly for years. Suddenly BOOM I started getting this error.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI @tkbitterman

You are not alone.  Please see the Notice at this LINK for more information.  And I suggest that you bookmark it so that you are updated about Quicken Support's progress on this problem.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Berndawg
    Berndawg Member
    Options
    Yep. Started happening 8/1/2022.
  • swan87068
    swan87068 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having the same error for a few days now. VERY frustrating. I have reported it as well. And, yes, I have the latest version update.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My last successful update was on 07/29/2022.  Every sync failed since then.
  • colevalleydave
    colevalleydave Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've got nothing to contribute other than to add my name here as a recipient of the OL-294 error after updating to R42.21so the Quicken team knows the severity and impact of this bug...
  • JoeB56
    JoeB56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Add one more user to list OL0294-A errors with AMEX credit card, but not with a separate AMEX savings account.
  • Tom Tolles
    Tom Tolles Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use a Mac (not Windows) and I was unable to connect today as well. I changed the connection type from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect and I was able to connect. In addition, the connection now recognized the Main account (A platinum card) as well as the two separate gold cards that are part of the same account.
  • John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same as everyone else... OL-294-A issue...
  • cmarshall52
    cmarshall52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried again and was able to reconnect my Amex account to Online Services via Direct Connect and downloads are now working.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ditto that. I got a connection at 7:30 EDT. First one in 2 days.
This discussion has been closed.