Unable to Save More than 10 Category Splits [Edited]

MichaelTEck
MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
I have my paycheck set-up as a Bill and Income Reminder. I used to be able to save it with 13 split categories (taxes, insurance, 401k, etc). Now, I can enter 13 and when I save it, it loses the last three and leaves me with an out-of-balance split. Once the transaction is entered, all 13 categories are saved. I can't find a way to get more than ten saved.

I tried creating a new reminder and can duplicate the problem. It still only saves ten.

I tried another method using the Paycheck function and that works.

The question still needs answered, though.

I am using R46.9 Build 27.1.46.9.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware of this issue and have opened a trouble ticket to work towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. In the meantime, our teams are requesting that you please contribute to the investigation by navigating to Help > Report a problem to submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached. Please also add "Attn: CTP-5546" to the title/subject line.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

We do apologize that you continue to be affected by these issues. Thank you for drawing this to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Category Splits disappearing after 10 have splits been added. You can follow the link provided here for additional details and any future updates. Currently, there is no ETA regarding a resolution. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• dpaulsims
    dpaulsims Member ✭✭✭
    @MichaelTEck Michael, I suggest you post your problem in the "Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)" category too. The description says "Having an issue with Quicken? Find help here." Hopefully, the development team monitors the Errors and Troubleshooting category.
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    > @dpaulsims said:
    > @MichaelTEck Michael, I suggest you post your problem in the "Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)" category too. The description says "Having an issue with Quicken? Find help here." Hopefully, the development team monitors the Errors and Troubleshooting category.

Thanks for the advice, @dpaulsims. I'll do that.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MichaelTEck, thanks for identifying this as an issue with the new 46.9 release, that is helpful info. 

It's best to post in only one category here, I've asked the moderators to merge in your other post to this one. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• K203
    K203 Member
    edited January 2023
    Bill & Income Reminder Split Transaction Not Properly Calculating Future Entries After Line 10 in future Bill, Income & Transfers or Projected Balances. The transaction amount displays the correct amount on the Bill, Income, & Transfers, but if you click edit - those transactions after Line 10 are not there - the category field is blank and the amount for transactions after Line 10 or totaled as one amount. 

This affects the Projected Balance also. 

I've renamed, deleted and rebuilt a repeated transaction in the Bill & Income Reminder in an attempt to resolve the issue. However, it continues to show an incorrect balance in projected balance page because the future transaction is not properly being calculating Split Transactions after Line 10. The difference in the amounts after Line 10 is being added back in the transaction which affects the projected balance by showing an excess balance. 

I have also performed the Validate and Repair option. Hope this all makes some sense, not easy to explain.
  • mshiggins
    What version are you running, 46.9?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I reported this same issue but put it in the Register and Transactions (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927260/why-cant-i-save-more-than-10-category-splits-in-bill-and-income-reminders). I have Quicken Release and Build information in that thread identifying exactly where it broke (the latest release). I'm not sure how getting bugs fixed by Quicken's developers but hoping it gets picked-up and corrected in the next release.
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
    I just edited the schedule transaction for my paycheck and now some of the splits are missing.  I have tried:
    1. Deleting the scheduled transaction and recreating it.
    2. Performing file validation
    3. Performing super file validation
    4. Reviewed prior discussion in the forum which are now closed
    Prior solutions to this problem
    1. Perform validation
    2. Restore from backup
    3. Call tech support
    4. Issue closed
    This is getting very frustrating.  I should be working.  No jacking with this!
  • mshiggins
    Are you using the paycheck wizard or are you using a regular split transaction reminder? And what version are you using?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware of this issue and have opened a trouble ticket to work towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. In the meantime, our teams are requesting that you please contribute to the investigation by navigating to Help > Report a problem to submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached. Please also add "Attn: CTP-5546" to the title/subject line.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    Are you using the paycheck wizard or are you using a regular split transaction reminder? And what version are you using?

I am just using the regular split transaction reminder and running version R46.12
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    > @Stuart Boyle said:
    > I am just using the regular split transaction reminder and running version R46.12

If you convert to the paycheck wizard, it will work as it should. That was my finding and, at the rate things go, probably the fastest solution to the issue.
  • Same problem here.

Paycheck wizard will temporarily patch the problem, but it also puts a lot of zero dollar transactions in the reports, adding a lot of unnecessary rows. I'm hoping to avoid it.
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    > @Jonathan Baker said:
    > Paycheck wizard will temporarily patch the problem, but it also puts a lot of zero dollar transactions in the reports, adding a lot of unnecessary rows. I'm hoping to avoid it.

Not sure exactly what you mean. I don't see that happening in any of the reports. Do you have zero-amounts in the Paycheck's set-up? I don't. Would you tell us what report to look at?
  • gleasca
    gleasca Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. this has only started happening in the last 2 weeks. mine isn't with payroll, just a long 15 line memorized bill :(
  • Same Issue here, Ten Line Limit. I was on with Support for over an hour. They're diagnosis: file corruption. I restored from a known working backup, same problem. Ten line limit on split transactions.
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    > @John Giannangeli said:
    > Same Issue here, Ten Line Limit. I was on with Support for over an hour. They're diagnosis: file corruption. I restored from a known working backup, same problem. Ten line limit on split transactions.

If only they used Quicken every day and experienced all the issues the community uncovers, we might get more frequent fixes. Maybe, if you have the time, you could call back and mention CTP-5546 (see above).
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Member ✭✭
    I have created, and used, for more than 10 years a manual split transaction for my bi-weekly payroll transactions. Everything has been fine until an upcoming transaction for 2/10/23 payroll. It now cuts off all lines in the split transaction after 10 lines and then puts a "placeholder" negative amount with no category tag, etc. I have tried to re-enter the information and update the transaction but when I got back it, the updates are back to only 10 lines of details and the "placeholders"

This is not acceptable and I want to know why this is going to start happening!!! I have tried to also take a current transaction that has the right details and create a new reminder but it removes everything after line 10.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    > @kookykrazee said:

> Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Yes, of course. It's a software bug. We are all awaiting a fix from Quicken.

In the meantime, if you can't wait, get rid of that payroll transaction and use the Paycheck Wizard to set-up the transaction. It will work properly and the same as your payroll transaction. I did that and it's working fine now.
  • @MichaelTEck - the problem also occurs with complex transactions that are NOT from a paycheck. For example, I have several expenses that come from work regularly, and they are applied to a number of different accounts and several categories. Now those accounts show the wrong balance - because the transfer from Checking to those accounts was past line 10.

It is a software bug, agreed.
  • Aspencade
    Aspencade Member
    After the 46.12 update, all of my transactions with more than 10 split lines had the 11th and subsequent split deleted. I've lost nearly 10 years of data. A rollback and restore from a back up is similarly deleted the first time the file opens. Attempts to add back the 11th line is also deleted the next time the file or split is opened. What's going on here?
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    My 46.12 release isn't deleting any existing >10 line splits, it just won't keep them in Bill and Income Reminders. I feel your pain, @Aspencade, and hope they fix it soon.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

We do apologize that you continue to be affected by these issues. Thank you for drawing this to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Category Splits disappearing after 10 have splits been added. You can follow the link provided here for additional details and any future updates. Currently, there is no ETA regarding a resolution. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jimmy Z
    Jimmy Z Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > Our teams are aware of this issue and have opened a trouble ticket to work towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. In the meantime, our teams are requesting that you please contribute to the investigation by navigating to Help > Report a problem to submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached. Please also add "Attn: CTP-5546" to the title/subject line.
    >
    > While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you

Using R46.12 on windows and having this same issue. I also have a Mac version and Quicken does NOT drop the additional
    category splits on it. Sent screenshots of this to Quicken.
  • akydd
    akydd Member
    I worked with support last week to revert to an older release version, updated all the split transaction info, and when I opened Quicken you reinstalled the latest version without prompt and reintroduced the problem. How can I revert back to the prior version. I cannot find the patch your support team gave me to restore to the December 45.21 release which is the latest version without the 10 limit to split transaction bug.
  • mshiggins

• Jimmy Z
    Jimmy Z Member ✭✭
    The work around I have been using is to enter the bill onto the register as paid. Then edit the paid bill with the deleted split category and their amounts. For some reason, Quicken will permit more than 10 items if the bill has been "paid".
  • KKevin
    KKevin Member
    Similar problem with split categories. I have recurring bills with split categories set up in the bill and income reminders. When I attempt to enter the transaction, the individual split categories are displayed with zero and the total transaction amount is displayed on a new uncategorized line within the split transaction window. This seems to have started happening after installing the most recent update (to R47.7) a few weeks ago.
  • qmoco
    qmoco Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. A previously saved income reminder had about 20 lines with amounts. After a software update only 10 lines remain and the dollars that were with the deleted lines sits as an unauthorized balance.
  • akydd
    akydd Member
    version without the 10 limit to split transaction bug is till present in all releases since Release R45.21 (12/16/2022) [https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has] . I had to restore that release version and then apply my back-ups. When will this bug be fixed. I recommend that everyone experiencing this bug change their settings to not let Quicken update automatically and stay on the December version until Quicken fixes the bug. They have not given the date, and keep releasing bundles with the bug included.
This discussion has been closed.