Fidelity Credit Card (Elan) downloading incorrect balance

Matchbox
Matchbox Member ✭✭

For a couple of months now, Fidelity/Elan Credit Card has been downloading an imporper credit card balance -- rounding off all balances to nearest $ amount. I see this problem was reported by someone in Jan and updated in Feb, but no solution is shown and the problem was closed. I, too, have the problem. Please either fix the problem for let me know of an existing fix.

Comments

• Wiley Won
    Wiley Won Member ✭✭
    I have been downloading transactions for my Fidelity Rewards card for several years using Express Web Connect. That is, until February 7th when they updated their website and downloads abruptly stopped working.
    When I disconnect online services and set them up again, I have a choice of two different FI's.
    1. If I choose "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card", everything works great except the downloaded balance is always rounded to the nearest dollar. For example, $555.45 becomes $555.00 and $555.55 becomes $556.00. This causes automatic reconcile to fail 99% of the time.
    2. If I choose "Elan Financial" and log in, the correct account does appear, but the account type is stuck at Savings. I have not found a way to change it to Credit Card.

Elan support is clueless. Instead of helping, they have tried to convince me that Express Web Connect is not a supported download method.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Hello @Matchbox and @Wiley Won,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity (Elan) account(s) to see if it produces the same issue regarding the balance. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭

I have the same issue with downloads from Elan for my Fidelity Rewards Card showing the correct transaction amounts but showing a rounded baance for account baance, causing reconcilliation to fail.

How can I get somebody from Quicken to look into this?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Ramias,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

Would you mind creating the test file (using the instructions in my previous response) to see if the same issue occurs there?

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ilenefields
    ilenefields Member ✭✭
    Same problem...please fix...cannot reconcile.
  • mament
    mament Member

I'm struggling with the same issue. Did a test file as suggested, but it is still rounding the online balance.

• Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the troubleshooting steps listed earlier in this discussion failed to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QknGuy27
    QknGuy27 Member ✭✭

Same problem — rounds to the next dollar every single time. i just manually override but kind of annoying

• cmcanter
    cmcanter Member

Same problem - Fidelity Visa Rewards rounding down. I am using quicken connect through Fidelity Rewards

• QknGuy27
    QknGuy27 Member ✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine I just downloaded the new version of Quicken today (R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15) and the problem persists. Any idea when this will be fixed? Thanks

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭

There are a number of people reporting this issue, and it has worked previsouly (but now several months ago). Surely there's enough data to look into this without asking customers to reproduce strange steps and/or share personal data.

Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connects via Quicken Connect. The card itself is provided by Elan Financial.

HTTPLog.txt shows the ""onlineBalance" : -XX00" under cpData/aggregators and as the actual key values with no decimal point when there should be one.

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I like have the same problem with the rounding of the Elan Financial online balance in Quicken. It likewise has been an issue since mid February. I have used both the Elan Website and Fidelity Rewards Visa website. It’s worked occasionally and the balance will show properly at two decimal places(cents) only to revert to rounding. Why hasn’t Quicken address this issue with Elan? It appears to be consistent across multiple users. The Elan balance is correct on their website but, Quicken improperly drops the cents. Just asking for test files has not resulted in a permanent and satisfactory fix. Is anyone addressing this concern at Quicken?
  • cheryldaniel%gma
    cheryldaniel%gma Member ✭✭✭
    Same Problem. And only with this Credit Card. It simply drops the pennies and rounds to the nearest dollar. It has been happening for a while. I am not able to upload a screenshot to your report site. I am adding it here. The issue is very annoying.
  • itsmeken
    itsmeken Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. However, mine always rounds down to the dollar amount. Some have said it rounds to the nearest dollar. I have not found a "fix" and it is very annoying. Here's what I'm doing to reconcile, I use the "Paper Statement" option and select today's date and the actual balance amount. Not ideal, but until this is fixed it allows me to reconcile. Quicken-Please get this fixed!
  • Etupes25
    Etupes25 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.
  • QknGuy27
    QknGuy27 Member ✭✭
    It seems that Quicken has just decided not to fix this problem. I left a message over a month ago to @Quicken Jasmine but no one has responded. Any other Quicken staffers read this? @Quicken_Tyka @Quicken Anja @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Colin @Quicken Jared ?
    Thank you if you are listening
  • raardvark
    raardvark Member ✭✭
    Same problem for me. It doesn't happen with my other credit cards from different issuers
  • Rickfgb
    Rickfgb Member

Same problem for me, leaves off the cents for the online balance. Have to let it adjust, then delete the adjustment every time. Has been happening for 3 months, ever since I opened this account.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

The FIDELITY REWARDS CREDIT CARD (FRCC) Online Balance has been broken since at least mid-Dec 2022. But it has had a much longer history of reliability issues. IMO, this FI should be removed as a setup option for this card but that is something that Fidelity/Elan would need to address with Intuit.

As has been noted in several other post threads in this Community, those of you who are still trying to get FRCC to work properly and download the correct Online Balance should really consider switching over to the Elan Financial Services (EFS) setup link. Most people who have done this have reported it is much more reliable and is relatively trouble-free. I made the switch about 2-1/2 years ago and have never regretted it.

Since Elan is the company that issues the FRCC (and manages the FRCC website) you should be able to use your current FRCC login for EFS. There are two primary options you might want to consider:

OPTION 1: SET UP A NEW ACCOUNT IN QUICKEN FOR EFS. This is the simplest and fastest way to do this.

1. Add Account > type in Elan Financial Services in the search field > Next > enter your login information > Connect > during the setup process Quicken will likely ask you what to do with the data that was downloaded….be sure to select Add so Quicken will set up a new account for it.
    2. It is not uncommon for the EFS Online Balance to have dropped the cents during the account setup process. If this happens, wait until the next day and run OSU. In most cases the Online Balance will then show the cents.
    3. If you have any Reminders set up for FRCC, you will want to edit them so they will be for EFS going forward.
    4. Once completed you can, if you wish, Close (not Delete) the FRCC account. The data in the FRCC account data will still be available for reports and various Quicken tools (such as Budget, Tax Planner, etc.).

OPTION 2: CONVERT THE FRCC ACCOUNT TO AN EFS ACCOUNT. This is more complex and can be more time consuming to complete but it will maintain transactions continuity in a single credit card account. (Note: Only #3-#7 are critical to the setup process. The other steps are things you can do to assist in troubleshooting should something go wrong during the conversion process.):

1. Enter your FRCC account Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction.
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate
    4. General tab > delete all Financial Institution Information from the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field)
    5. Online Services tab > Set Up Now > type in Elan Financial Services in the search field > Next > enter your login information > Connect
    6. During the setup process Quicken will likely ask you what to do with the data that was downloaded….be sure to select Link AND then from the drop-down list make sure to select the account you already have in Quicken. (Do not assume that if Link is selected that the correct account in the drop-down list will also be selected…make sure the correct account is selected.)
    7. If the Online Balance and the Register Balance are in agreement, then you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    8. If the Online Balance shows an Online Balance with the cents dropped: Stop. Wait until the next day and run OSU.
    9. After doing OSU the next day, the Online Balance should shows the cents. Are the Online Balance and the Register Balance in agreement? If so, then you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    10. Does the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount match what was entered earlier into the Memo field? If not, correct the dollar amount to match what you entered into the Memo field. Are the Online Balance and the Register Balance in agreement? If so, then you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    11. Did you enter any balancing adjustments previously to compensate for the cents missing from the Online Balance? If so, delete those transactions. Are the Online Balance and the Register Balance in agreement? If so, then you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    12. Scroll backward in the register from the current date looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of each duplicate transaction you find. (You probably won't need to go back more than 90 days in this search.)
    13. If the Online Balance and Register Balance still do not match: Search through the register for a 2nd more recent Opening Balance transaction. If you find one, delete it.
    14. Your register should now be in balance.

Let me know if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

I've used the Fidelity Rewards Credit card for years but have never connected it to Fidelity. I always connected it to Elan and have not had a problem.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭

I'm on a Mac. Just disconnected from Fidelity Rewards and went to add it to Elan. Elan asks the "what city/what movie/whatever" questions then throws FDP-102. I can't login here: https://clientaccess.elanfinancialservices.com/but I can login to fidelityrewards.com just fine.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2023

That URL takes you to the Client accounts login which is incorrect for Consumer accounts. The Financial Institution URLs shown in Quicken are primarily for reference only. They are pulled from the FIDIR listing and it appears that it pulled the wrong URL in the Elan listing. Here is the FIDIR listing for QWin…note that there are 2 different URLs shown. The first one is like the one you posted. The 2nd one is the one that is for Consumer accounts:

10308 10308 10308 Elan Financial Services https://www.elanfinancialservices.com/index.html 1-800-558-3424 https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do ACTIVE CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

So, for Consumer accounts go to https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do. You won't see "Elan" in big letters on the site but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see it there in small letters. The webpage will look like this:

Try logging in there with your Fidelity Rewards Credit Card UserID and PW. You should be able to.

If you cannot log in there with that UserID and PW, you might want to Enroll and set up your online account with them.

Post back here what happens and we can take it from there.

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭

Thanks that link worked and I was able to log in. Had some question on the website about updating my income that I did not get on fidelityrewards.com. Answered that and then Quicken was able to successfully add that card, though with multiple identity prompts (favorite candy or whatever).

Did an update. in HTTPLog under cpData/Aggregators/onlineBalance for that transaction it shows the balance with no decimal points (i.e rounded). The currentBalanceAsOf shows the amount with decimal points. Both of these are similar to previous records in that log file when I had the bank set to Fidelity.

For those using Elan, are you on Mac or Windows?

Can you search your HTTPLog.txt file from the bottom to the top (Find Previous in my text editor) and search for the value of onlineBalance in a Json record for your most recent syncs with this card? Does it show decimal points or not?

Thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2023

As I mentioned above, when you first set up the account for downloads it is not uncommon for the Online Balance to be rounded with no cents. Try downloading again tomorrow (not today…do it tomorrow). If you are more like most others, the Online Balance will then be corrected and will show the cents after that download.

Asking for income is a Marketing inquiry. They use that to decide what kind of offers to extend to you or to determine if your credit limit should be increased or decreased. It does not need to be provided.

I, too, find it odd that they ask security questions so often during the setup process. But the good thing is that after the initial account setup those questions no longer get asked…or at least not very often.

BTW, I am set up with Elan using QWin. But I know others who are set up with Elan using QMac and they have said it works well for them, too.

• cheryldaniel%gma
    I just tried the above ... and no luck. I still get an ONLINE BALANCE with no pennies. I De-Activated the Fidelity Rewards Visa. Re-activated as ELAN. It downloaded 653 days.... and still no pennies!! Otherwise okay. Any other ideas?
  • Boatnmaniac

The 2nd part of the Elan setup process: If the online balance when you first set up downloads with Elan still drops the cents, then try doing OSU the next day. For me (and many others), running OSU the next day almost always resolves the online balance cents issue. Have you tried doing OSU the next day to see if the cents issue has been resolved?

• cheryldaniel%gma

The problem has ended. I am not sure with which release. However, I am now on 27.1.50.16. I got super busy and forgot to follow up here. Today is 7-11-23. Thank you as always for your help.

• mwilliams42
    mwilliams42 Member ✭✭

I am on R50.16 and it is 7/15/2023 and the problem persists for me. I reported the error using Help > Report a Problem.

• Boatnmaniac

Who are you trying to download from? Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Elan Financial Services?

You can get this information from Account List or from the General or Online Services tabs of Account Details.

• Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭

it was working fine for me for a while with Elan and now it is rounding again. Annoying.

This discussion has been closed.