I cannot download my Fidelity Account transactions.

I keep getting an error message when I try to download my Fidelity account. The error page shows the account sign-ins for my other non-Fidelity account but shows an error in the Fidelity account line. How do I make sure that my Fidelity account sign in (not the password) is correct?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced. This is a known issue our teams are already working to resolve. If you would like to see updates and know when the issue is resolved, please bookmark this Community Alert (If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, make sure you are logged into the Community).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Gene Sitarz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gene Sitarz
    Gene Sitarz Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

I cannot get back to the screen I was talking about. The screenshot now shows a different problem where I cannot enter a password for the account.

• MichaelALA
    MichaelALA Member ✭✭
    Many postings w/issues downloading from Fidelity. ANY update from fidelity or quicken as to when it will be resolved? It's been 2 weeks for me with no download.
  • tnealon
    tnealon Member

I can't update Fidelity accounts either. I keep getting this:

I've gone in and reset the passwords and verified user names, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

• HCJoe
    HCJoe Member ✭✭

I am Q user since 1997. I have had one or more accounts at Fidelity since 2003.

Today I have 9 accounts at Fidelity. Connetion method is "Connect Direct".

When I execute One Step Update Fidelity transactions don't dowload. Transactions haven't downloaded tsince 3/2/2023. I get no error message. Just no download.

Here is a screen shot with other information

There are 231 transactions among the 9 Fidelity accounts that have not downloaded since 3/2/2023.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

HC Joe

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced. This is a known issue our teams are already working to resolve. If you would like to see updates and know when the issue is resolved, please bookmark this Community Alert (If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, make sure you are logged into the Community).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• brucel
    brucel Member ✭✭✭
    Can you guys also provide an update for the persistent Fidelity download issue that has been unresolved for months and tracked in this Community Alert - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924363/ongoing-1-31-23-fidelity-not-downloading-transactions#latest The Alert hasn't been updated for 2 months? Perhaps the issue that the teams have identified for this OL-220-A issue will also resolve broader Fidelity download issue? Please advise.
  • Kuranda
    Kuranda Member ✭✭

My history and experience are similar to:
    HCJoe
     Member ✭April 1 Above.

My difference is that to solve the problem; Quicken had me create an entirely new Quicken file. That downloaded transactions successfully initially to ALL my accounts. Then it started NOT WORKING for some unknown reason for Fidelity again. After many attempts to get ALL working again, here is my current status.

FILE#1: "REFERENCE FILE" (old data) currently got Fidelity to download and reconcile sometimes when it is in the mood, but now CapitalOne will not download into this file.

FILE#2: "ACTIVE FILE" (new file for 2023) currently CaptialOne will download and reconcile, but Fidelity will not download transactions. I don't get a transaction count like HCJoe. I get a message saying Quicken downloaded ZERO transactions successfully.

So now I have two "broken" Q files. Neither one is 100% up to date, but one will reconcile Fidelity accounts, and one will reconcile CapitalOne accounts. I can't get the two financial institutions to download and reconcile successfully in one Quicken file.

VERY, VERY Frustrated.

• fazurek
    fazurek Member

I am also having problems downloading data from Fidelity. Last download was March 8, after an upgrade to the quicken software.

Waiting two weeks now for a response from the quicken team. Last download attempt did not work.

Frank Zurek

• turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Add me to this thread. Fidelity downloads worked fine through 3/31. Nothing had downloaded since. I don't get any errors, messages, nothing, just no downloads.
    what works, but is a giant PIB, is this:
    3. Go to theOnline Center
    - Quicken 2010: Go toTools->Online Center
    5. In the Online Center hold down the Ctrl key and click Contact Info.
    6. In the Refresh Online Transaction Information window choose the account you are having problems downloading a full range of transactions.
    7. Click on the Reset DTSTART button.

WARNING: Using this function resets Quicken's list of last downloaded transactions. This means that after this button is reset, it is possible you will download several duplicate transactions.
    -
    1. Choose the earliest date of a transaction you are missing and clickOK.
    2. Click on the Refreshbutton.
    Attempt to download again.
  • HCJoe
    HCJoe Member ✭✭

I called Q Support. I explained the issue and informed the technician that others in the Quicken Community are having the same issues with Fidleity.

I spent an hour in screen share mode with the technician who tried various techniques, including deactivitaing and reactivating all accounts at Fidelity. Nothing worked. After all that, she decided to check her system for known issues, and told me that the problem is "not your fault". The Q team had already escalated the issue and Q is still working on resolution.

A complete waste of my time. It is clear that the default attitude with Q Support is that all problems are end user fault. Someone at Quicken should inform all support techs to first check to see if an issue has been identified, and is already being worked, before wasting customer time with useless diagostics.

Unhappily yours,

HC Joe

• TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭

I had the same experience as HC Joe. Quicken finally told me they were working the problem and I should check here to see if it had been resolved. After that discussion I talked to tech support at Fidelity. That tech barely listened to me! Then she tried to use the procedure turbo 44 mentions above. It didn't work either. Fidelity suggested I try to creeate a New Quicken File. I did that and it didn't work. I wonder if it will ever work? BTW, the Mac program works just fine.

• turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    TRoth,
    Sorry my procedure doesn't work for you. I've used it twice since the 1st on 5 accounts. Transactions have started downloading again for me, except for the missing ones that I had to use the above procedure to retrieve.
  • TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭

turbo44,

I have tried your solution again. It doesn't seem to work for me. An extra bit of info is I'm running Quicken Premier for Windows on VMWare 13 Pro installed on a Mac. All versions of Quicken, VMWare, and Mac are the latest. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. I have tried deactivating the Fidelity accounts and reactivating. (Quicken goes into a not repsonding mode for every account - I close and reopen the program each time and eventually the accounts are deactivated). And. I tried the Online Center refresh several times. When I try to upadate the accounts, the Fidelity accounts almost instantly say complete, but nothing happens wrt downloading transactions. It occurs to me that either Quicken or Fidelity has an issue.

TRoth

• Hello @TRoth,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Are you getting any specific error message or error code? What happens when you run One Step Update? You mentioned the program freezes when you try to deactivate the accounts; does it freeze at any other times? You said Fidelity told you to try a new Quicken file; what happened in that file? Did you get any error messages or codes?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭
    Kristina

- No error codes
    - One step update updates quotes, but not transactions in Fidelity accts
    - Same results with the new file which only included Fidelity accounts - no codes
    - Quicken for Mac seems to work OK

TRoth
  • Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
  • Kevin Fay
    Kevin Fay Member ✭✭
    Sigh. The thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924363/ongoing-1-31-23-fidelity-not-downloading-transactions#latest says that the issue with Fidelity downloads has been "RESOLVED." It has not. I keep getting the same OL-220-A error message:
  • Hello @Kevin Fay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and letting us know this is still an issue for you.  I'm sorry to hear you're still running into this problem. If you haven't already done this, I would recommend following this troubleshooting from the article on OL-220 errors:

1. Open the register for one of the accounts with the financial institution giving you trouble.
    2. Click Account Actions (button or gear icon) at the top right of the register.
    3. Select Update Now.

If that does not clear the error and the issue has been going on for over 24 hours, please let us know.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HCJoe
    HCJoe Member ✭✭
    Quicken Kristina, the issue has been ongoing for me for 44 days and is still unresolved. I've spoken to Quicken Support twice in the past week. The two individuals I spoke with claim the issue has been escalated within Quicken, but they have no information to offer.

I am a Quicken Premier subscription customer, Windows version. An essential functionality of this app is "Connects to 395 investment and retirement institutions for Windows (237 for Mac); downloads detailed investment transactions". This is a serious failure to deliver a service that has been promised and has been paid for.

What can the community do to get Quicken to provide transparency about this matter?

HC Joe
  • TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭
    I echo HC Joe’s comments. I talked to Support yesterday and they said wait 2 weeks and call back. This issue needs immediate attention.
  • Gene Sitarz
    Gene Sitarz Member ✭✭
    Maybe we should begin writing to magazines that rate personal financial software programs, such as PC Magazine. Quicken may not be responsive to its existing clientele but they should be concerned about new sales.
  • HCJoe
    HCJoe Member ✭✭
    I visited www.quicken.com/about-us. At the bottom of the page Q invites comments to be sent to the CEO, Eric Dunn. I sent the following message:

"I have been a customer since 1997. I am currently a Q Premier subscriber (Windows). There is a serious problem with the program. I have been unable to download transactions from Fidelity Investments since 3/1/23. Made repeated calls to Q Support, no solution. Posted problem on Q Community, no resolution. Others have the same or similar problem. Q Support acknowledges that the problem is with Q. When will this problem be resolved?"

I am looking forward to their response. Others might consider sending a message about their own Fidelity issue as well. Might help to get executive attention on the issue.

HC Joe
  • Kevin Fay
    Kevin Fay Member ✭✭
    I have been getting the OL-220-A error message for MONTHS - there is a prior thread marked "RESOLVED" when it clearly was not.

This is ridiculous - I have most all of my liquid net worth at Fidelity. Should I kill my subscription and just use their website? Quicken does not seem to value any of us as customers!

kjf
  • Gene Sitarz
    Gene Sitarz Member ✭✭
    Wow. An e-mail letter from the Quicken CEO was received today. After hoping he was going to tell the community the Fidelity issue has been resolved I was disappointed it only covered the "improvments". He talked about a number of investing enhancements they've made with companies I've never heard of. Meanwhile the Fidelity issue continues. Total oblivious to our problems.
  • Thank you for your reply @Kevin Fay,

The issue was marked as resolved. If you are still encountering the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Kevin Fay
    Kevin Fay Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I'll give it a shot.
  • Kuranda
    Kuranda Member ✭✭
    The problem with FIDELITY has returned. "Tiffany" of Quicken was a great help on 4/20. After a long session getting something to work, I have much to do recover because we restarted from a 4-month-old backup file. I started reentering and updating four months of transactions in Quicken. Very labor-intensive "solution," but it seemed to work. After four days, I got the error "ERROR, the OL-220-A" again. Again on the 25th and 26th, I got the error. But on the 27th, it started downloading FIDELITY successfully. Error on the 28th. It worked on May 1. Error again on May 3. Later that day, it worked. Got the Error on May 4. Downloaded successfully on May 5. Error again on May 8th, 9th, 10th. and 11th. The "solution" seemed to have stopped working. The "fix" was temporary and intermittent for me.
  • Kuranda
    Kuranda Member ✭✭
    Fidelity updated today, Saturday, 5/13, 2023. The last time it worked was on May 5th. What is wrong with the connection between Fidelity and Quicken? Why is it intermittent? I just noticed that I had VPN turned OFF this morning. Do I need to turn off ExpressVPN to update Fidelity Accounts?
This discussion has been closed.