Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apparently, it would appear there were two (related) problems existing and were merged into one discussion.

(1) The issue of Auto entries not populating the account register when Mobile and WEB Sync was not turned on was one.

(2) The second relates to what happens to Auto Reminders when Mobile and WEB Sync is turned on.

From my perspective the fixe in this latest release addressed the first issue.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

maybe the Release Notes could be more focused on exactly which problem was fixed..

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Michael Hauser
    Michael Hauser Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today, 6/27/2023, there was an update provided that purportedly addressed this issue of automatic entries. I restored one of my automatic entries for tomorrow. Lets see that it holds and does not revert to "upcoming".

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

This morning's software update didn't fix the problem. Changed all my reminders back to "Auto", synched my data, closed Quicken and reopened Quicken. All my reminders changed back to "Remind".

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same experience. Disappointing as the update specifically said that it fixed the issue.

• Michael Hauser
    Options

didn't fix it. still an issue.

• Cindy1029
    Cindy1029 Member
    Options

I just got a new update today R50.15, notes said it was fixed. I updated, changed everything back to auto enter and sure enough they are all back to reminders. This is getting tiresome - please fix this

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

the R50.15 release DOES NOT mention this problem - it’s a Quicken starting problem when Reminders exist… NOT the Auto Reminder issue -

It is slated for a fix in R51.xx

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Michael Hauser
    Options

true. I do hope they repair the Auto feature. I, like others, have come to rely on it.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Not to reduce the importance of fixing this problem ASAP, but I am curious why so many people seem to have most or all of their Reminders set to Auto enter.

I have a total of 43 Reminders set up, but only 10 of them are set to Auto enter. I only use Auto enter for bills and income items that are the same amount each time and I don't need to write a check or pay the bill on my bank's website.

For any item where the amount varies or I need to do something, the Reminder is set to Remind Me. I fill in the amount and accept the reminder when I know what the correct amount is and/or have taken whatever action is necessary.

For those of you who have a large number of Auto Enter reminders, do you have many items that are the same each time, or do you correct the amounts after the reminder is in your register?

QWin Premier subscription
  • JLutker
    JLutker Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Jim,

For me, I have all set to auto. If I do not know the amount, I leave it blank.

It gives me a warm fuzzy looking at future and seeing a blank amount for my paycheck to divide up the mostly known bill amounts. This tells me how much I need to keep in my checking to cover bills until next paycheck and move the rest of money to an account to earn more interest. I do have some annual bills like home insurance or property tax with blank amounts entered 60 days in advance. It helps me start leaving extra in checking account to cover those higher bills. I do usually get the bills for those a couple of weeks after they are entered and I put in amounts then.

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have it set to enter all my bills automatically. When I get an email from the company where the amount is variable I go into the calendar and update the amount to what my next bill will be. I find this is the easiest way for me to work.

Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Jim-Auto enter reduces the need to manually enter all of my 75+ income and expense reminders. For example I have 22 different bank transfers and payments to various brokerage accounts every Friday. We have a very complex budget and savings plan and having to enter all these transfers manually would be a time consuming exercise (believe me I have been entering all them every week for 2 months). Most of my weekly transfer amounts are set on auto pilot at the first of the year when I set my current year plan in motion and don’t change. Other recurring reminders (utilities, etc) are set with an estimated/budgeted amount and I simply adjust the amount when I know the exact bill total.

Options

Quicken Janean - when are we going to get another update on when this will be fixed since today’s software update didn’t work?

Options

Jim-Auto enter reduces the need to manually enter all of my 75+ income and expense reminders. For example I have 22 different bank transfers and payments to various brokerage accounts every Friday. We have a very complex budget and savings plan and having to enter all these transfers manually would be a time consuming exercise (believe me I have been entering all them every week for 2 months). Most of my weekly transfer amounts are set on auto pilot at the first of the year when I set my current year plan in motion and don’t change. Other recurring reminders (utilities, etc) are set with an estimated/budgeted amount and I simply adjust the amount when I know the exact bill total.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Janean has stated the fix is targeted for R51, which should be sometime in July.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    edited June 2023
    Options

@JLutker @Smokeyham and others, thanks for the explanations.

FYI there are a couple of other ways to get Quicken to project your future account balances, taking into account the Reminders you have set up, even if they are not in your register yet.

The first step is to set up the Reminders so that they have a reasonable estimate of what each bill or income amount will be. The Reminder setup lets you use a fixed amount, the average of the last N payments, or, for seasonal bills, the amount from a year ago.

Then you can use the Projected Balances view on the Bills and Income tab to see a graph of selected future account balances over various time periods. This combines the transactions that are in your register with the future Reminders.

Alternatively or in addition, you can click on the gear at the top right of the account and set the Reminders to show in Register option to display future Reminders in the register. They will have a little clock in the Status column and will affect the balance shown in the register so you can see if it is getting too low or too high.

Personally, I don't want anything in my register that I have not reviewed and if necessary acted upon. I use Reminders to highlight what needs attention. I find the Projected Balances view very useful.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After updating this morning and checking to see if there was any change to the status of "auto enter" it remains the same, after sync it reverts back to "remind me" so "no change" seems to be the fix.

• bgauvey
    bgauvey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Got an update this morning, said they fixed the auto-enter bug. Nope still there

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    Options

Since the new update yesterday R50.15 when I launch Quicken, a new dialog box comes up asking for my Quicken ID and password. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

• DanGilbertTX
    DanGilbertTX Member ✭✭
    Options

That has been happening to me for the past 3 weeks. I have tried all the various methods for fixing it, but it asks every single time I open Quicken now.

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ihave the same problem it happens to me when I restart .program

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I opened Quicken this morning the reminders set to AUTO automatically populated into the account registers I had them set for. I do not use SYNC. Everything workrd correctly for me.

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Similarly, I have setup paperless biling and automatic ACH payments and deposits for almost all my accounts except credit cards such as loan payments and utilities with auto enter reminders. I use "remind me" ones mainly for credit card payments made through Quicken, one-time payments including paper checks, and transfers between accounts.

What is interesting is the loan payment reminders that were set for "auto" are still ok. It is only the bill and income auto reminders that quit working.

Also as I previously reported, the one time reminders always change to yearly since this issue started in May.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm about to open Quicken. I'm betting that, once again, Bill and Income Reminders will ask me if I want to schedule my car insurance payment that is already scheduled. I'll use Help>Report a problem to report it, click "No" and be told Quicken will no longer suggest scheduling it, then go through the same motions the next time I open Quicken. I've been doing this for two months and it's still not fixed

• katengel
    katengel Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken said they would resolve this in version: R51. They haven't released this yet. The lastest updates are minor updates to version R50. We are awaiting the major update R51.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

@Pete_ATL

Have you upgraded to the latest Quicken release, R50.15? Depending the specific problem you are seeing, that may fix it. Go to Help > About Quicken to see your current version and Help > Check for updates to update.

• Maharishi Deja Vu
    Options

Quicken Bill reminders are changing from Auto Enter status to Upcoming after each time Quicken is synced to the cloud. Every time you sync Quicken you will need to manually change the all reminders back form Upcoming to Auto Enter to a specific date. Quicken support is aware of this problem and has escalated it to high support. Quicken support has asked until an update to fix the problem is posted on this page, that the Sync, (to the cloud) option be turned off. This will effect the use of the Quicken phone app until a fix is posted because the app information will NOT be updated. If you stop syncing the reminders do NOT get changed to Upcoming and will be entered correctly to you accounts. Please check back here for an update. After an official update is posted and you run it you should check your reminders to make sure they have not been changed in status. If they change you should concoct Quicken support. Quicken is aware of this problem, it has to do with syncing to their servers and is currently working on it.

• oaridner
    oaridner Member ✭✭
    Options

After updating to R50.15 it seems I was able to have the auto reminders working again.

This is what I did after the update:

1. I did run Validate just to clean up any potential bad records.
    2. In the register, I did click on the settings wheel and then on "Reminders to Show on Register". It was reset as "No Show" and I set them to "Next 30 days" that's good enough for me.

After that I found the future entries in the register with the status set to "Auto" and a clock icon on the left.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.