R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• richie5665
    richie5665 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I get "Enter a Valid Date" every time I finish downloading transactions and reconciling.

This started not to long ago. What is wrong? The entries are correct.

• FionaR
    FionaR Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Why do I keep getting this

"Enter a Valid Date" Alert everytime I download my transactions

Please fix or advise me on how to fix. It goes away when I hit OK, but is annoying and irritating

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

If you just click on any existing entry BEFORE clicking accept all, the error will not occur.

• Clark Perry
    Clark Perry Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I know this post is not helpful but, I am so tired of Quicken breaking. [Removed - Rant] I currently have 3 ongoing issues with Quicken. 2 of the issues are show stoppers. I am just waiting for the issues to be fixed.

I have been using Quicken for years but I wish there was an alternative!

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have four (4) brokerage accounts with Schwab, and I download transactions from them.

After I download, I click on "accept" for a particular newly downloaded transaction, or sometimes this happens after I have accepted the downloaded transactions and I click "done". The screen dims and I get a "Enter a valid date." dialog in the middle of the screen.

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also have the same problem with "Enter a valid date". Glad I'm not the only one but sorry it's happening.

• jjn321
    jjn321 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue, started about 10 days ago

• Oedipus
    Oedipus Member ✭✭
    Options

when will you fix this?

• Hubby
    Hubby Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue.

• Brian Medeiros
    Brian Medeiros Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

same issue. Charles Schwab accounts.

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's hard to re-read a long thread, but Jim_Harman last page (5) had a fix to not see the error. The error still still exists but indicates to me, it's not as huge a problem but a few lines of code. Not trying to downplay the issue, it should be fixed, but this is not like being unable to download. Now, if they want to fix why some accounts won't auto-reconcile… well, wouldn't that be nice too.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am now having OSU problems with Edward Jones also. OSU obviously has some unresolved bugs that need to be fixed.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for displaying some much-needed common sense in this thread,

• ChazL
    ChazL Member
    Options

Quicken IT needs to fix this ASAP. We are now on Page 6 of comments & "Me Too's".

Maybe the Quicken Email regarding name change to "Quicken Classic" is occupying their time ??

Is the Moderator there?

Thanks

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@ChazL and others

There is still no Alert on this issue, but the latest from the Moderators is immediately following the original post on page 1 of this discussion.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Quickgettingbad
    Options

Same issue does not matter which investment firm.

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

Continues in latest version as well (but at least now the Edward Jones accounts work) …

• slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, today I received an update for the s/w. Wow…an update for the brand new Quicken logo commemorating 40 years of the legacy ! However, still getting invalid date message.

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Got an update today. Did not fix the error that 6 pages of people are complaining about. It did modernize the icon, but not the splash screen. Why not the splash screen? If I make a guess why, this post will be deleted.

• Paul McAlinden
    Options

Yup, logo change takes precedence over basic stability fixes. The CEO sends nice updates every few months but the pre-release QA is sorely lacking. Time to make some organization / accountability changes. Do you even run stats on customer issues? Does the CEO see this issue on a list with data that shows 6 pages of customers who took the time to report it?

• jskoplik
    jskoplik Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloaded the .28 release and the error is still there. Based on this problem and others that have arisen recently, it feels like Quicken's quality assurance testing of updates is seriously flawed.

• George4
    George4 Member ✭✭
    Options

Perhaps they will fix this. My overriding concern is how many other problems are in the software that don't present themselves and could be doing damage to our data.

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mobile sync is a perfect example of the above. I love the idea but it damaged data so many times I turned it off. There are other "features" like mobile that never get fixed. I have to wonder if the code is so rickety it's a house of cards.

• Kevin5
    Kevin5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anja and Quicken Janean - Despite your repeated assurances that this issue would be fixed with the latest update/patch, it wasn't. The new release tackled the apparently higher priority of rolling out the new Quicken logo and Quicken Classic rebranding. As a result, your new owner, Aquiline Capital Partners, must be pleased. Unfortunately for those of us who are subscribing and trying to keep the lights on over there, our highest priority (a functioning product) continues to be ignored. This community forum seems to have become merely a place for disgruntled customers to go and "scream at traffic", as your power and ability to influence priorities and fixes is clearly inert and ineffective. Unless something changes, you will eventually lose your customers, who, like me, have remained loyal through many ownership changes but are now experiencing poor product quality and customer service issues like never before.

• Rich
    Rich Member ✭✭
    Options

well said

• barrykmd
    barrykmd Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is taking a long time to fix, isn't it?

Guess they are devoting their programming resources to more inportant matters, like the name/logo redesign.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nor to excuse Quicken's slow response to this issue, but @Quicken Janean did say a fix would be available in R53. The latest release is R52.28.

I would expect to see R53 sometime in October.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Kevin5
    Kevin5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Valid point regarding R53 and Quicken Janean's post. And I agree that it doesn't excuse Quicken's slow response. The trend is troubling. In addition to this issue with investment accounts, I am currently experiencing other unresolved issues. For instance, an issue with Fidelity/Elan credit card's inability to connect/download has been unresolved for nearly a month. There was recently a similar issue with Discover Bank that took three months to resolve! This never used to be the case. Issues like these happened from time to time, but they were routinely resolved within a day or two. Today, many of us have become accustomed to having to manually enter transactions as we wait for simple problems to be fixed. IMO, our loyalty is being taken advantage of and it is only a matter of time before many of us decide it's time to ditch the product.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Kevin,

I encourage you and everyone here to write PC Magazine and report these experiences. I have. Quicken is still rated #1. I agree with you until 18 month ago or so, I would have never agreed with you. However, when talking with a high level analyst from Quicken the only solution I was offered was to delete data. Unacceptable There are those here with much more data and older less robust computers who are doing fine. Which makes think some of these problems are assignment of server distributed resources. I really wonder how these fix it tasks are assigned. [Removed - Speculation]. They surely spent resources on a new look. I am like so many life long users very disappointed [Removed - Rant/Speculation]

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

This discussion has been closed.