R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This particular issue is a nuisance, you are correct. But to many of us it's a sign of a larger problem with the software, issues with fundamental problems that have never been addressed and are touted as selling point of the software.

To me the most glaring example is mobile Quicken and it still not working correctly (and damages your desktop data). To this day it still has issues of corrupting your deskop data. The feature was introduced years ago but never gets fixed even though the feature is loudly touted in advertising (justifiably). But if it's sold as a feature, it should at least not do any harm but it does.

Griping and piling on about a small issue is, like @Kevin5 said earlier, "screaming at traffic". Pointless, sure. But long time users like me are tired of too many "workarounds", heavily advertised features that don't work right (or worse damage things) and have never been fixed or lack of testing with bugs coming back after being squashed in earlier updates.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you employed or in any way connected to Quicken? This type of stuff is becoming the norm and not the exception. I communicated with a Microsoft analyst. I was told the Q code was old and needed updating. This has been going steadily down hill for 18 months or so. Your recommendation is to keep hitting our heads against a brick wall?

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I personally think we have been very patient. [Removed - Disruptive]

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• mitch cohen
    mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not affiliated with Quicken, nor with their prior owner Intuit. I’ve been using Quicken since the very beginning and participate in beta testing. I have reported many problems over the years even long ago when it required a phone call. Service and product improvements have greatly increased.

I would only request and suggest that if you have problems with the product that you should remain on topic and record those problems elsewhere. This thread is about this problem and this problem is insignificant and likely will be resolved in the near term because it is irritating. I welcome ranting and raving on significant problems on their appropriate threads. I do that as well.

• LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am a software engineer and have been one for many years. The problem with the "Enter a valid date" dialog is very likely that the loop to "Enter All" iterates one too many times and so tries to enter a blank transaction with no date. To see this for yourself, blank out the date on the bottom empty row and click "Enter" to see the same error dialog. The fix ought to be simple. That software support hasn't released this simple fix is concerning.

Quicken "Classic" for Windows R52.28 - Dedicated User since 1996

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Reminder of EASY work around:

Just click on any existing entry in register before you click Accept All and you won't get the error message.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Any time now I accept a downloaded investment transaction - dividend, reinvest dividend, etc., after I accept, I get the dialog box shown below which says "Enter a valid date". I click OK, yet nothing appears incorrect and the transaction is accepted - it's like it's a nag message. I assume this is some sort of bug?

I am on the latest version of Quicken Premier (as you can see by the updated logo). It happened on the prior release as well, as I only got the new release yesterday. But it does not seem specifically tied to a release - ie, it did not start happening as soon as a new release was installed, as far as I can remember (I could be wrong - I may not have gotten a download for awhile).

PS - I just tested, this happens on other data files as well, so it's not data file dependent.

• GeoffreyRadbill
    Options

Now, two weeks later and issue continues. When will this error be resolved?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now, two weeks later and issue continues. When will this error be resolved?

See the post from @Quicken Janean near the top of this discussion. She says a fix is expected in R53.

That would normally be sometime in October.

QWin Premier subscription
  • dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here. VERY annoying!

• Yaxman
    Yaxman Member ✭✭
    Options

Same error here. Only occurs when I accept multiple downloaded transactions at once. Mine was with Vanguard accounts, but I see other financial institutions listed here as well. I can accept the transactions one by one without any error messages. It appears to be an issue accepting the downloaded transactions. Probably trying to validate a null entry at the end of the valid transactions ….

I seriously doubt that validating or super validating the file will do anything for this problem! It certainly appears to be a problem with the validation of the downloaded transactions being accepted, not the existing data file!

• Jim_Harman
    Options

@Yaxman and others

Try selecting an existing transaction before doing your Accept All. That should eliminate the bogus Enter a valid Date message.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jim_Harman I tried that early on with this problem, selecting 1 transaction and doing an 'Accept' vs. a 'Accept All' - I still get the invalid date error every time.

• Jim_Harman
    edited September 2023
    Options

I don't mean a transaction in the downloaded transactions area. Do you get the message after clicking once on a transaction that has already been accepted in the register, not the blank one at the bottom, then clicking Accept all? I don't.

• cassel
    cassel Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive]

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, I have not tried that, I will! I should get some downloads soon from 1st of the month

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just tested Jim_Harmon's suggestion…no error. Good call, Jim.

That said, to me, one extra keystroke is no big deal as long as the numbers are accurate.

• cassel
    cassel Member
    Options

I'll try Jim_Harmon's suggestion on Mon.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just checked back on this issue. At the end of a month I will get about 10 Fidelity reinvest dividend transactions all at once in one particular account. I just tried accepting them individually and then hit "Done" when I was finished. I still got this error.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

@Bione

Did you use the workaround for this issue, which is posted near the top of this discussion? It is

• Accept each downloaded investment transaction, not using Accept All. This is what I normally do, so I can review and if necessary correct the transactions.
    • Single click on one of the accepted transactions in the transaction list, not one in the downloaded transactions area, to select it, thus moving the focus away from the blank transaction at the bottom of the Transaction List
    • Click on Done

If you want to use Accept All, select an existing transaction in the transaction list, not one in the downloaded transactions area or the blank transaction at the bottom of the list, before clicking on Accept All.

With either of these sequences I do not get the "Enter a valid date" dialog.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Options

'Enter valid date' pop-up displayed in two of five different updated Fidelity Investment accounts after I clicked 'Accept All' transactions. Issue started today after installation of R52.28, Build 27.1.52.28.

• jonr64
    jonr64 Member
    Options

happens with Fidelity accounts as well

• Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Issue occurring in R52.28

• btsheets
    Options

Same here. When I click Accept All for downloaded investment transactions, a pop-up error message appears with "Enter a valid date." The cursor is in the date field of the next blank entry, and the date appears normal. This only happens with investment transactions, and it has started doing this recently. I have version 52.28 Quicken for Windows Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28. I have done the validate file with no issues reported.

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The simplest "workaround" is to click OK in that little dialog.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

👍️The gnashing of teeth over this issue has been a sight to behold.

• ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Erroneous call to enter a date.

[Merged Post]

• ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Erroneous call to enter a valid date. No new transaction pending.

[Merged Post]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Joe Rutansky
    Joe Rutansky Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting the "Enter valid date" error after 'Accept All' downloaded transactions ONLY to Charles Schwab investment accounts that I added to Quicken in the beginning of September.

The error doesn't happen with any other institutions/downloads.

This discussion has been closed.