Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you @bobj1007. This has been on going now for how long? Is it a month yet ? OSU slowness is got to be 6 months or more. Actually I just checked one of the first post acknowledgements I found on this thread was Aug 28. It has been "Escalated for a month"

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Quicken KristinaAug 28, 2022

(Ticket # 10436027)

You posted one month ago that this problem was being escalated. It has not been resolved. Please provide a comprehensive post explaining what the problem is and why it has not been resolved and more importantly, when we can expect resolution. Thank you @tbf47

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I redacted this comment's author out of curtesy, but I suspect he's hit the mail on the head. My Fidelity visa transactions have updated in Quicken for years without issue. All of a sudden the link stops working?…. common sense says Elan made some changes which broke Quicken's ability to get at the data. Quicken is no doubt working with Elan for a workaround.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Thomas Roche, thank you for replying. I disagree fundamentally.

1. Your last sentence has no basis without proof.
    2. I also have been downloading these transaction for years. That is irrelevant.
    3. This question is what has been going on for 1 month to resolve this "escalated problem?"
    4. If this is an ELAN problem why are we all trying to get it resolved here. Your posting here is a waste of your time if you believe that.

My opinion. We start by stop making excuses for poor responses from Quicken. This is a Quicken's problem to solve. The interface is theirs not the users.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest you call Elan Financial to get an answer to your question….. but I'm pretty sure you won't like their answer. Quicken is at their mercy too.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Thomas Roche

Thank you for your response.

Of course my questions are; "Why do they not communicate it that if that is true? What purpose does it serve to not convey that to an actively involved subscriber base?"

• reeseg
    reeseg Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I really don't care who is at fault.

I do condemn Quicken for their lack of communication about this new "feature" (i.e., bug with seniority). An accurate accounting of the status of this problem from Quicken (which has no problem collection our subscription dollars) should be expected. Once the problem is resolved I would hope for an explanation of what transpired and, if the fault was due to Quicken, a subscription extention granted.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No disagreement ! Quicken's openness and transparency leaves a lot to be desired!

• Cris S
    Cris S Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina would it be possible to update the community post daily with a status of the issue and where it is at?

Not having an ETA for resolution for 6 days isn't helping us understand that this issue has been escalated and is getting the attention it deserves. The workaround isn't even posted in this community bulletin, which would have been helpful to all following the issue until resolution is accomplished.

• dnpatr
    dnpatr Member ✭✭
    Options

I cannot justify paying for quicken any longer when it takes over a month to solve the problem of downloading my credit card transactions. this happens too frequently.

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Do you know we download transactions manually and import them to Quicken, will it mess things up once either Elan or Quicken fix what's broken? I haven't imported anything yet for fear of creating duplicate transactions once it's all fixed.

• Steve174@
    Steve174@ Member ✭✭
    Options

Fix this crap already!! This has been going on for several weeks with a short pause for functionality in between. Figure it out and if it's a problem on the other side, then give us specifics to take to Elan Financial/Fidelity and coerce them to fix it. For what it's worth, this problem started well before 8/28… it just broke again on 8/28!

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

"Do you know we download transactions manually and import them to Quicken, will it mess things up once either Elan or Quicken fix what's broken? I haven't imported anything yet for fear of creating duplicate transactions once it's all fixed."

• ddilday8
    ddilday8 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. 10/1/2023

Still ongoing.

• dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can block delete any duplicates if it occurs.

-If you are having Quicken automatically accept transactions into your register turn it off.
    -Get the date from the last cleared transaction in your register and add one day. When you download and import from ELAN use this date as the start date.
    - Download and import manually from ELAN and manually accept transactions one at a time or in mass until the problem is resolved.
    -Once the problem is resolved…. if you find there are duplicates on the Quicken download find the date of the last accepted transaction that is a duplicate. Sort the incoming transactions by date, click and highlight that last duplicate transaction, then hold the shift key and highlight the first transaction in the download list. It should highlight a block of transactions. Hit DELETE at the bottom to block delete the highlighted transactions.
    -Accept the ones that are not dups.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I rest my case….. an Elan issue!

• BP1T
    BP1T Member ✭✭
    Options

The first I heard of this was when I got a notice on 9/15/23 that my scheduled payment to Elan (Fidelity Rewards VISA) had failed to go through. I was able to log into Elan through Fidelity and pay it directly. I was advised to disconnect Elan as a biller and then reconnect but every time I try, it just returns a message after a few days saying "Login failed". I have verified that my user name and password are correct and that my two-factor security is correct as well but Quicken can't log in to my account at Elan VISA.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are no guarantees that duplicate entries will not occur but there are things that can be done to help minimize the impact and make it much easier to deal with. @dwl1960 provided some good advice above regarding this. Here are some other things I would like to add to that:

1. Enter and save the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field. (This will be very handy should the Opening Balance transaction amount get changed. It does not happen very often but you will be very glad you did this if it does happen.)
    2. If you have not already done so, Edit > Preferences > Backup > set up Automatic Backups to be done after every Quicken session an set it to save the backup files for a month. So if you open Quicken 1X per day, then perhaps set it to save the last 30 backup files. Or if you open Quicken 1X per week, then perhaps set it to save the last 4-5 backup files. Quicken will automatically all backups older than that.)
    3. Close Quicken (to backup your data file) or Manually backup your data file.
    4. Make sure that all transactions in your register are reconciled (marked with "R" in the Clr column).

When you download, review and accept the downloaded transactions. When they are accepted they will be marked with a "C" in the Clr column. This makes it very easy to differentiate from the "R" marked transactions previously entered so it is relatively easy to determine which transactions are duplicates and should be deleted. Once you have deleted any duplicates, reconcile your account so, once again, all transactions will be marked with "R". Now your register will be set up to repeat this process the next time you download. Make sure to close Quicken each day so it creates a new backup file.

When Elan fixes their Quicken issue and you want to start downloading via OSU, again, you will be set to easily deal with any issues that might be encountered during the setup of EWC for OSU, again. You can either manually delete the easily identifiable "C" duplicate transactions or you can restore the last backup file and try to set up EWC for OSU, again, to see if it will do better and not have duplicates.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Options

since I have more than one cash back credit card I have decided to stop using my Fidelity Rewards card until the Elan Quicken download issue is resolved. Maybe a reduction in revenue for Elan will get them to take action. Terrible company.

• Bob Z
    Bob Z Member ✭✭
    Options

I have done the same. I've manually downloaded my transactions but don't want to have to do that more than once. I'll know when the error is fixed because it will stop appearing when I update my other transactions. At that point I'll decide if I want to switch credit cards back from my Citibank card (which gives the same 2% cashback).

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

thank you for the responses on my way of keeping my balance up to date. If they ever fix the cc502 that I am still getting, I will delete my figures that are keeping the balance accurate and then accept the automatic update transactions.

It is just frustrating that they have NOT put a statement out to let us know the status. I do wish it were easy to switch to another product.

I have had other issues with quicken that resolved. btw do know that if a financial institution puts a pop up on their opening page you will get an error. It then takes a call to the institution to remove it so quicken can access it for updates.

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Boatmaniac, your post has a lot of information but ELAN or Quicken has not definitely stated it is their problem nor a resolution date. I pay Quicken for the service they are not providing, not ELAN so I am relying on Quicken for communication and a resolution. Time to move on.

• acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    Options

I don’t think anyone has “accepted responsibility”. Which means the problem could be on either side. However for a problem to be solved someone has to “own” the problem and see to it that it gets progressed and fixed. My belief is that this should be Quicken as they advertise, and charge users for, access to 3rd party bank downloads. If this does not work, Quicken has a responsibility to its paying users that it owns the issue and to keep us all informed of the current status and expected resolutions date.

• Percy
    Percy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

There has not been an update on the open Alert in a week. Is this going to be resolved?

[Merged Post]

• RatPak
    RatPak Member ✭✭
    Options

This is a huge issue with no resolution insight.

Is Eric Dunn Quicken's CEO aware of it?

• lcindallas
    lcindallas Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there an email which he will read? I am mad that I renewed my subscription when I could have just used an excel spreadsheet. :|

• jrp65
    jrp65 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

10/2/23. My updates for fidelity rewards visa still not working. It was working just over a week ago. I got a great update to my quicken software that gave me a new icon, but broke some functionality

Edited to mention that I have a new credit card number as the other one expired so I'm sure that will cause another issue. I tried resetting and just simply re-adding the fidelityawards kink this morning. No luck

• RatPak
    RatPak Member ✭✭
    Options

Just "Updated Accounts". Quicken created a new credit card account "Credit Card at Elan Financials" with all new transactions since 9/20/23 - when my original Elan account stopped updating. Do I merge the two accounts now?

This discussion has been closed.