Paypal Credit Account

Options

Has been almost a year since Quicken and Paypal Credit Account (Not Paypal Account) communication has been severed within Quicken. Tried "Resetting", "Deactivating" and "Adding" Paypal Credit Account within Quicken and still will not download transactions??? What is going on? Quicken worked flawlessly before Synchrony Bank got involved. No, I don't believe I'm the only Quicken customer who is having this issue with Paypal Credit/Synchrony Account. Is there a solution to this issue that I may have overlooked? Or, we still being told this is a technical issue.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you selecting the correct financial institution names?

If that still doesn't get the job done, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This is still an issue for several months. We are not being told anything. Periodically, things change, MFA seems to be the latest, but still Quicken is not downloading transactions from PayPal Credit or PayPal MC. Other Synchrony accounts work, so I believe it is a PayPal/Quicken issue.

• brewtoo64
    brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Same here. Can no longer download. Tried to set it up again and that failed as well. None of the MFA options work.

• Tip.N.Ring
    Tip.N.Ring Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've uploaded the problem to Quicken using the Help > Report a problem… system. I called Quicken this morning and spoke to Harold, who told me, they have no record of that report at all. The help reporting system is apparently broken :(

"Bank download/transaction errors

PayPal & Wells Fargo accounts not working

When I try to set up PayPal Mastercard: Delete on line info > add on line info from spinner > enter user name and password + remember password > Quicken comes up as identifying account BUT the only selection is "don't add to quicken" in the spinner and cannot be changed. Wells Fargo same first steps & second & third > oops we have a problem CC-501. I reported these problems IN DETAIL last month. Have not heard a thing."

• Paul D.
    Paul D. Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm pretty sure this is related to

They haven't fixed the issue. I've tried re-created the accounts and it will download the transactions up to March 2023 but won't do anything beyond that.

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue One Step Update not loading transaction for PayPal Credit. It was working for a little while but looks like they broke it again. Manual Export/Import from PayPal Credit works but again not One Step Update

• hotrod247
    Options

Same issue. I reported in other threads, but there has never been a solution.

• Anthony_NM
    Anthony_NM Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue, what is the status Quicken?

• Paul D.
    Paul D. Member ✭✭
    Options

They've marked it resolved but its not resolved. My transactions are still not downloading.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Paul D.,

If you are still experiencing this issue after the Alert was marked resolved, then you will need to reach out to Quicken Support directly by phone or chat for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja and @Quicken Janean, this issue is not resolved. I also continue to experience the issue. I have not been able to download PayPal credit transactions since February 2023. Please reopen this issue and have your development team work to resolve it. I have been seeing a progressive downward trend in the quality of Quicken Classic that I've used since 2005.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• Kalman
    Kalman Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken:

How can you close an issue when its not resolved?

I just tested this again and the same issue occurs since I first reported this to Quicken support back in April of this year..

• jprodr19
    jprodr19 Member
    Options

Likewise, I can no longer download the Paypal credit card transactions and a message pops up that Synchrony does not recognize my user name and password, which are the ones I use to log into the regular Paypal transaction account and then click the Paypal Credit button. This issue is definitely not resolved and Quicken should not close their ticket on this problem..

• jcweb35
    jcweb35 Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is obviously not resolved. I continue to get the message "Could not find any accounts to add" whenever I try to fix the connection. Support just thinks it is resolved. Please fix it!

• Aremel
    Aremel Member ✭✭
    Options

This is so frustrating! This issue needs resolution, please! Please advise.

• Troyhusker
    Troyhusker Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, I'm getting the same error when trying to establish a connection with PayPal Credit.

• DesertRat68
    Options

Just to add to the list of frustrated people, Paypal credit has not worked on Quicken for me since about March of this year. Quicken is useless without the ability to connect and download data from one's banks and accounts, yet I'm still paying for it's services, though it is broken and unusable through the last 8 months. How did Quicken determine this issue was resolved when all they have to do is pay attention to their customers to see that it is not resolved? We are heading into November. It's been 8 months with no resolution or meaningful updates to let their customers know what is going on. Is there a Quicken alternative out there that works better than this? How hard can it be to fix this issue when all of my other banks and accounts work just fine. Can Quicken hire one of these companies to fix the issue with Paypal?

• lmendezrom
    lmendezrom Member ✭✭
    Options

As of 10/22/2023 this is the message I get. I had deleted account and tried to add. It hasn't worked most of this year. So frustrating that Quicken can't get it straight.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello All,

To clarify, the only PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto issue that was marked as resolved was the issue with missing transactions. If you are connected to PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto and are still experiencing the issue with missing transactions, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

The other issue with PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto is a connection issue where users are getting "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" errors (QWin) or a message saying "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add." (QMac). That issue has not yet been resolved. You can track that issue using this Community Alert.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

Still can't download transactions for PayPal MC at Synchrony Bank. Can not activate download ability!

• Timothy A Wagner
    Options

Yeah, even the CHAT button doesnt work! Paypal and Quicken havent worked correctly for months. Who will take ownership and fix it? and WHY doesnt the CHAT button work!?

• cdodsonva
    cdodsonva Member ✭✭
    Options

Earlier this year I had a problem connecting to PayPal, which was resolved. However, its started again around October 15th. I tried to reset my connection. I get a prompt from Paypal for two factor authentication, but am getting the following message: " Sorry. We encountered an error. (its not your fault.) - Quicken is having trouble connecting to PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto"

Is this a known issue that is being worked on? I checked the old thread from earlier in the year and it indicates this is an ongoing issue. However, as mentioned, my problem went away for about two months but its returned.

Please provide an update on the issue. It's very frustrating.

• Dave Kacoroski
    Options

I am receiving the same error. I am using Quicken Classic Premier.

• edconchg
    edconchg Member
    Options

Sadly, this is happening to me also with PayPal, and not for the first time, or even the second time this year. Just endlessly waiting for it to get fixed. Not sure if I want to pay for this fairly expensive subscription without the reliability that I expect.

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

My downloads from PayPal stopped working after a Quicken update on 10/16. I deactivated, and tried to re-activate several times since. Until yesterday, I was getting the "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Today, I made some progress. It now connects, and finds my account. However, now the only option it gives me is "don't add to Quicken", and when I hit the "next" button, nothing happens. I checked the account details, and it's back to the "set up online" state. So, it connects, finds my account on PayPal, realizes that I already have the account in Quicken, but does not give me the option to "link to existing account" and seems to abort when I click on "next." I am running Quicken Classic Deluxe version R52.33 build 27.1.52.33 on Windows 11 Home edition.

• Hoserred58
    Hoserred58 Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting the same thing……….this could be thought as "progress…." 🙄

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    Options

I did get PayPal Credit to download by creating a new PayPal Credit account and making sure the financial institution is PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto. But and this is a big but it downloaded transaction up to 2/27/2023, but did show the correct online balance.

Looks like Quicken changed the financial institution to Synchrony, but the bank did not separate the accounts for downloading and the accounts are not accessible from the Synchrony Credit Card web site. To add a side note I asked for a missing statement for my PayPal Credit account and the response showed up in my Lowes Credit account, also a Synchrony account. Hope this helps Quicke figure out what is wrong and where the issues is and finally RESOLVE it

• cbit
    cbit Member ✭✭
    Options

I haven't been able to download transactions automatically for several months. Now Quicken's "online balance" won't even update and I can't reconcile manually either. Even when I could reconcile manually I would have to login to two websites just to find new transactions that had cleared - both PayPal and Synchrony. I'm just going to stop using the account for a while and notify PayPal of same.

And I just now reset my PayPal & PP Credit accounts and reauthorized the link between PayPal & Quicken. Now I'm getting the "It's not your fault message." 😱

• Tonester62
    Tonester62 Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally was able to connect a few minutes ago to PayPal to download transactions for the past 11 days for my PayPal Mastercard smh. Hope it works again for others with similar connection issue since 10/15.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me! Says error, not my fault!

This discussion has been closed.