Happy Halloween!

Options
Quicken Kristina
Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
edited December 2023 in The Water Cooler

Hello Everyone,

Often, the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of October is Halloween.

My favorite Halloween memory was the year my sister decided to use her pet mouse as her costume. My sister and I were both teenagers and we'd take turns answering the door to hand out candy to the trick or treaters. Every time it was her turn to answer the door, she'd put her mouse on her shoulder just before opening the door. Older kids tended to ignore it, but the looks on the littler kids faces were priceless.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello Everyone!!

Welcome to my favorite month of the entire year!! Ahh, who am I kidding, I live every day like it is Halloween 😈

My favorite Halloween memory would have to be of last year, it was my daughter's first Halloween. We went as matching Red Riding Hoods and I loved it, I took her to Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and trick-or-treating. She absolutely had a blast, and I am stoked for this year as she is almost two and can now say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you"

I cannot wait!

(Just a little pic of us from last year because I cannot get over her cuteness, she was so small πŸ˜ͺ)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Your daughter is very cute. Looking forward to the picture from this year.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

My favorite Halloween * so far * is Halloween 2014. My twins' (two oldest kids) were 2 years old and it was their first Halloween when they really grasped the concept of Trick or Treating for the first time. They were dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. Since funds were tight at the time, I made their costumes myself using feather scarves and beanies to create their blue wigs. Put on an all-red outfit and hand sewed their "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" circles onto their shirts. It turned out great, and they loved knocking on doors and holding out their buckets. Didn't quite understand needing to say "Trick or Treat" yet, but didn't stop them from getting their candy. πŸ™‚

We're also excited for this year as it will be my youngest son's first Halloween. He will be only 6 months old then, so not quite ready yet to Trick or Treat, but he will be dressed up as a little Koala bear.

Happy (soon to be) Halloween to all! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Thank you! I will be sure to share a pic after this year's festivities!

-Quicken Jasmine

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some might be interested in researching the origins and meaning of Halloween. Just because many have forgotten and try to make it "modern" does not take away what this day is still really all about.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac β€’ Quicken Windows β€’ Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We had VERY many fewer "Trick or Treaters" than we were prepared for.

SO, there's a LOT of leftover chocolate treats.

I'm a Happy Camper.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know these kids, but they made me laugh.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Options

All the kids are really cute. But then again, who would dare say someone has an ugly kid ;-) Rocket J Squirrel, your photo though "takes the cake". Colonel Sanders and those BABY CHICKS, FANTASTIC !!!!!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

@NotACPA,

I promised to show a pic from this year! Unfortunately, we did not get any cute ones together. My daughter seemed slightly overwhelmed (I don't think she is quite at the age yet to understand the excitement as she will be 2 in January, also it was FREEZING), she did get lots of candy though, and was ECSTATIC every time a house had Nightmare Before Christmas decorations. With that being said, I shall show you my lil' Sally and myself as Oogie Boogie.

-Quicken Jasmine

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Your baby is still cute. And is that your husband holding Sallly?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

@NotACPA,

I am convinced that she will forever be the cutest thing. Yes, indeed that would be my husband. I wasn't sure how he felt about having his face posted on this site, so I cropped the picture.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.