Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Rich Stubby,

Thank you for providing this information!

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MoneyMike
    MoneyMike Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this information. The connection/download was finally working correctly at the end of October.. Now this SMH

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

hi all,

I don't see any new transactions are downloaded for past several days for any of my 5 PenFed accounts.

Yes, I checked at PenFed online and I see many new transactions at PenFed for Checking and Credit Card accounts, but Quicken has not downloaded anything.

I also see that it takes longer for Quicken to download and process for PenFed, but with 0 results.

No, I'm not getting any Errors, nothing, just 0 updates.

Is it just me?

Best Regards
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same for me.

• retspoon
    retspoon Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem! I get the error code fdp102 try back in 24 hours if the problem still persists call Quicken support. I first noticed it last friday

• nboyer
    nboyer Member
    Options

Affecting me too. I cannot connect to PenFed, get the same error. It's been happening for about a week. Seems no point of having Quicken if I have to log into all my financial institution's websites. This is not the first time it has happened to me on various accounts - American Express, Fidelity, Capital One are just other examples.

• techtron79
    techtron79 Member ✭✭
    Options

My connection issues with PedFed started around 11/17. I get CC-502 errors. I deactivated the accounts and tried to do online setup again, but still receive CC-502 errors. I have had significant issues with PenFed connectivity in the past, but it had been working ok (but very slowly) for several months prior to this latest issue. Downloading manually from the PenFed website is a pain.

• MELCO
    MELCO Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having similar issues. It takes a long time to try on an update via Quicken for Windows and then I get a CC-502. This has been going on near a week for me now. Quicken sent me to this link: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502 which then it took me to this thread. Happy Thanksgiving…

MEL
  • mitch cohen
    mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

I always wonder if PenFed realizes that they are one of the worst performing interfaces with Quicken and … do they care? Thinking seriously about finally moving all my accounts to my other Credit Union that hasn't had a single problem in over a decade. I promise if we fire PenFed, we'll let them know why on the way out to help those of you that decide to stay.

• mike132
    mike132 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Been having the same issue for over a week now. This problem seems to crop up a couple of times a year. Today I received the "An unexpected error occurred", with the detail "REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS" Hmmmm.

Fix this please, once and for all!!! [Edited - Readability]

• Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still not fixed today.

• jdwill100
    jdwill100 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had the same problem off and on for the last several years. The downloads were working well from PenFed for the past few months, but started again this week with the cc-502 errors. In the past, PenFed had told me that they don't support downloads made via Quicken for security reasons. Quicken never responds as to why the downloads won't work.

• jdwill100
    jdwill100 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Why do downloads from PenFed hardly ever work. I usually get the CC-502 error code when attempting to download via Quicken. I've had the same problem off and on for the last several years. The downloads were working well from PenFed for the past few months, but started again this week with the cc-502 errors. In the past, PenFed had told me that they don't support downloads made via Quicken for security reasons. Quicken never responds as to why the downloads won't work.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jdwill100,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Groggo
    Groggo Member
    Options

Now you cannot even download transactions from the PenFed website. It SAYS that you have downloaded a QIF file, but it does not appear in downloads…………….

• cptboucher
    Options

CC-502 issues persist for over a week. I can sign on with PenFed's app and their website, but nothing doing via Quicken (Windows).

• pagibso9812
    pagibso9812 Member ✭✭
    Options

Why do you guys continue to have issues with PENFED? I don't think I have been able to use the web connect consistently for more than 3 months over the last 2 years and the old Vendor Salute (It's not us it's them) is getting tiresome.

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem. I keep getting error code: CC-502. This keeps happening repeatedly. About every two weeks. When it happens the issue will last for about two weeks. Then it gets fix just to come back in about two weeks. This has been ongoing for at least the last year or more. Why Quicken can't fix this problem once and for all is beyond me. I have just giving up on the Quicken team to fix anything. If I can find another good working financial program I am leaving Quicken without hesitation. It's ridiculous the way Quicken fails to respond to it's customers. They never have any valid responses to this issue. Other than their standard can answer of we are working on problem. And after more than a year they still have not been able to fix.

• kylesr83
    kylesr83 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Still having the same CC-502 problem with PenFed….according to this post, they have been "working the problem" for weeks…without success or any real updates. [Removed - Speculation]

• kylesr83
    kylesr83 Member ✭✭
    Options

Can someone at Quicken Support please provide an update on Ticket #10554198? It was "escalated" almost a month ago…

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

When I submitted the request they fixed mine issue for 2 days, if I remember correctly last year it was down for over a month

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

*my issue

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken had me enter incorrect information to see if PenFed would reject the log in session. Which it did, the problem is with Quicken this time not PenFed

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well that's new 🙄

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Options

I got that one, too. You can't have an account with Web Connect and one with Quicken Connect at the same institution.

• techtron79
    techtron79 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this problem too with Firefox, but it worked in Chrome. Not sure if it was just luck when I tried it or whether Chrome consistently works better.

• robrichards
    robrichards Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Email received this morning on this issue:

PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and [Removed - 3rd Party Software] may be blocked

• bramorst
    bramorst Member
    Options

The CC-502 error has been a recurring and frustrating issue with Quicken and PenFed. I hope you will do what is required to quickly restore download functionality and demonstrate that you really care about your customers.

• Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am not getting the error messages, but I am not getting any new transactions from PenFed to download. Last year this problem went on for about 3 months before it got resolved. It seems to be an annual thing that happens everytime Quicken rolls out a big update.

This discussion has been closed.