Quicken hangs during One Step Update/Errors CC-501/CC-503 [Edited]

Options

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

Yeah, it still is not resolved although for me Quicken is generally working better. Still getting occasional error messages about not being able to connect with the server, occasional prompts to sign in to Quicken, occasional error message that sign in cannot be completed at this time and occasional slow OSU. I usually wait until the next day after seeing an Alert say an issue is resolved before I draw any conclusions. Well, it's now the next day so I think it's safe to conclude the issue is not yet resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is FAR from resolved. And one could not pick a worse time in the tax year for this to occur!

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No problems here (cross fingers). However, I'm still a few versions back.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue with the add account dialog via intuit has not been resolved. Now I can click continue on the add account to connect to intuit (dialog previously posted), then a new dialog comes up with partial info and program freezes. Again no exit except via Task manager which shows no disk or network activity is being generated.

Is there an easy way to roll back to the previous version to test?

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was talking to my financial advisor today and he mentioned that the service that brings in outside financial institution data is experiencing problems. It's run by Quicken.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just tried deactivating then reactivating my bank account and it hung here:

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

THURSDAY. Same problem, different day. Getting VERY old!

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Has anyone tried this yet? Did it make any difference? It seems like it's on Quicken's end - possibly a server issue.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Whoa… I rolled my version back to the last update and my bank's online banking was reactivated. No idea how that happened.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Answered my own question… :( Same s**t, different day.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Michael Rosen I am on version R53.16 and have had no problem - so far.

It almost seems that once the error occurs, it may not matter the version anymore.

You can select the version to rollback to.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem is still there. I cannot update a number of institutions including Vio and Bask Banks, Synchrony credit cards and a couple more. Also when I update my 7 accounts at Schwab, I do get red flags but there are no downloaded transactions until I update each account individually.

Price increases, performance drops. And zero communication from anyone!

• Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options

I rolled back to patch R53.26 which had worked prior. No luck with most current file that was used with R52.32. However,

Restored a file from the R53.16 patch update and now OSU is working with the R53.26 version, albeit it was a little slow to update. It did pop up with a sync cloud dialog about different files probably due to the last non working file that was uploaded. Investment accounts did not update during the OSU, I had to update transactions for the accounts individually to get the updates, they did not seem to be as slow. Other accounts appear to be fully updated and correct balances. but will need to verify each account.

My current conclusion,

Patch R52.32 created an issue with the add account dialog connecting to intuit. It corrupted the most current file (or forced intuit connection add account dialog to work improperly) so that the current file would not work with previous patch versions of quicken. Even if you validate it.

To regain updates you have to reinstall Quicken, apply a previous patch version and restore file from an old backup. Then review transactions to insure all updated. Do not update software to newest version during this process, or until there is knowledge a new patch works. Backup file often after updated and working. There still seems to be an issue with Express Web Connect + as it is marginally slow but updated within a couple of minutes, at least it is working for me at this point.

I do have two new accounts to add, I'm apprehensive about adding them until I've fully reviewed the working version and backed it up.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Silence from Quicken since 1/2… I'm reluctant to restore a backup and have to redo so many transactions.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is there any news? The alert is gone. Quicken just tried to force an update but I canceled it.

• diberian
    diberian Member
    Options

Still not resolved. One bank updates, but Chase has not updated since December 27th.

• TrishaD
    TrishaD Member ✭✭
    Options

I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO "COMMUNITY ALERT" even though I logged into the Community. Anyone have suggestions? Pretty hard to refer there for updates if you can't get there ….

Quicken Anja Moderator modDecember 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, and our teams are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems to be an institution by institution issue. My accounts (Bank of America, Charles Schwab) have been fixed for a few weeks now. I have not had any of the errors corrupt my data file, but I save daily backups to restore from just in case. Can't hurt. But the problems are not in our data files - I think it is risky to start deleting and re-adding accounts and it won't fix the problem. We just have to be patient.
    Direct Connect was better…

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I bit the bullet and went back to an earlier backup on the last version and have not had a problem.

• diberian
    diberian Member
    Options

So, I went and reset each account (through the Account List) for the one-step accounts that were not updating. Had to go back through the process with Chase and others, but they are all downloading correctly now.

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    Options

In 2022, we were having Schwab transaction update trouble, and the work around was to revert back to version R44.28 (I am using Quicken Deluxe Windows 11 Home version). I am still on that version, and my five Schwab accounts continue to be accurate. I checked back today to see if Quicken has resolved the one step update process with Schwab, and find that there are still issues to resolve. I will stick with R44.28 for now. Frustrating to say the least! Not sure why I am subscribing to software where I don't trust the current version to work.

• diberian
    diberian Member
    Options

Had to reset the Schwab account. It is working fine now.

• StefH62
    StefH62 Member
    Options

1/16/24 and still waiting for them to fix this problem…..beyond frustrating.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My OSU downloads have been working for a while now, but after update to R54.9 this morning, they are updating super-fast! Lets hope its real.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good to hear. Any others that can report a similar experience before I try updating? When was this update released?

• dlpereira58
    dlpereira58 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I am experiencing a similar issue. My computer locks up when I try to execute the one step update or individual account updates. I have to exit quicken using "end task" in order to proceed. This has been going on for a month now. Am I to believe quicken is working on a solution for this long? or there a solution that I am not seeing?

• dlpereira58
    dlpereira58 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I also echo jpwd's post - I received a bill for renewal but can't use the system.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am still on R53.26 and this is happening all over again. I had gone through accepting all of my downloaded transactions so I could get ready to save a new copy of my data file. I saved and opened the new file, ran validate and successfully activated a few online accounts. But now I'm getting prompted to "Add Account" again and then it hangs.

This discussion has been closed.