Elan Financial Services - CC-502 (QWin) [Edited]

Options

Comments

• rppacini
    rppacini Member
    Options

Same issue and sadly this seems to be a reoccurrence this past year.

• netguydave
    netguydave Member ✭✭
    Options

Success! I got the error this morning (3/18/24) but then updated again from the register and it worked.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Success. Connectivity was successfully reestablished with Elan Financial Services this morning. thank you to all who resolved this issue. 😊

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• peteparts
    peteparts Member
    Options

Can not download from Elan Financial since 03-13-2024, 5 days now, no update. CC-502 error.

Win 11 - Quicken subscription

• npppb
    npppb Member ✭✭
    Options
  • peteparts
    peteparts Member
    Options

mine just worked a minute ago, 3-18-2024 7:30 am Pacific time

• Marto1
    Marto1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I raised this issue originally on 3/16, a Saturday — that's my original posting. It was clear that Elan completely revamped their website. Let's give Quicken credit — this happened over a weekend and within 1.5 hours of the working day on Monday it was resolved. Everyone (including me sometimes) is quick to pile or dump on Quicken. In this case, they did a good job resolving an issue that didn't really cause much harm given that Elan doesn't even update transactions on Sunday or Monday.

• Tushar Talele
    Tushar Talele Member ✭✭
    Options

Connection seems to be working now, but no transactions downloading. (10:35 EDT). Fingers-crossed.

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here, working again. I guess they finally connected with the right person at Elan Financial that could plug the Quicken gateway back in…LOL.

• km-nm
    km-nm Member ✭✭
    Options

Transactions downloaded this morning, but the Online Balance is wrong. It is missing the cents. The dollar amount is correct.

• Senor Irrelevante
    Options

Elan Financial (Fidelity Credit Card) downloaded transactions correctly this morning 3/18, but the account balance is either rounded or truncated incorrectly to the nearest dollar. Quicken Classic Premier R55.15

• ATLuser
    ATLuser Member ✭✭
    Options

The auto download from Elan worked for me today (Mar 18th). Over this past weekend it wasn't working. I was getting the CC-502 error.

No errors anymore.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Options

It was probably weekend server maintenance. Some FI's do a lousy job of notifying scheduled Quicken outages.

My Online Balance also is missing cents.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Download appears to work now, but the cents is not correct (shows .00, which is incorrect).

• hotjava
    hotjava Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, it started over the weekend.

• MeanRX8
    MeanRX8 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have this problem. If I view my balance on Elan's app (or website), it shows $457.22, The downloaded balance in Quicken is $457.00 even.

• dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

CENTS getting dropped happens every time we go through this. If it follows the same pattern they will reappear and be correct tomorrow.

• johnboy1227
    johnboy1227 Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems like the cc-502 issue is now resolved. Yay

• jharle
    jharle Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, this has happened before.

Something else I notice, is that I need to do the "one step update" in Quicken in the mornings for this Elan account. If done in the evening, the transactions will download, but the balance won't be correct (won't be current). No other accounts we have in Quicken [mis]behave like this one does; Elan must still use antiquated systems that can't update in realtime.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Options

I started receiving the CC-502 error code with Elan on 3/16. It occurred again on 3/17 and this morning. Normally, it is not advised to Reset Account when getting a CC-502 error code but I tried it this morning, anyway, and my connection was restored. During Reset Account I was prompted to link the download to the existing Fidelity Visa Card account already in Quicken. Once the Link was completed there were new transactions imported into the Fidelity Visa Card account.

I also ran OSU, again, tonight and it worked perfectly downloading another newly posted transaction.

Regarding the cents being dropped from the Online Balance: Unfortunately this is a rather common issue for well over a year that occurs with Elan when the connection method is first set up or is reestablished. Fortunately, in most cases this issue self resolves when running OSU the next day.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

was able to download transactions today after a reset of account worked

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Initial Reset did not work for me. Had to reactivate the Elan Fidelity account. I linked to the exisitng account. Good news: Some new new transactions downloaded. They are accurate. Bad news: But…..….interesting side effect: The closing, reconciled balance from last month was affected! I use this account alot and don't have the energy to track down exacly what happened.

I added a 'placeholder' entry to get the currnet balance synced again!

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Very often after a reset, this happens. What gets messed up is the very first transaction. What I do is put a memo in the first transaction of every account of the amount. That way, just go to the first transaction and fix it.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Had same connection issue, reset account, didnt work until yesterday, and now the cents is missing on the online balance reported. Normally this self corrects after 1 day, but so far hasnt self corrected today.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

whodiini: Re: Reset and the first transaction being missed/messed up. Good pointer….But I checked back 6 months worth of statements. Still can't find the missing transaction(s). I do have a backup of my file from 03/15 before this recent mess happened and those reconciled balances match the statements.

Been using Quicken for years and this is the first time I got burned by this. Thanks for the pointer. Will note the last transaction per statement period to help flag the 'reset-based missed tranaction' in the future. Lesson Learned.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

Elan transaction download failed today. Quicken gave no error, it just didn't download anything as if there was no account.

In fact 3 EWB+ downloads were ignored this morning: Capital One, Elan, and Vystar.

Last good downloads were yesterday at 7pm.

Unpredictable.

I ended up restoring a backup from 2 days ago and the downloads worked.

Something possibly got hosed with all the Elan download problems.

Quicken still shows only $'s and no cents in Online Balance for Elan account.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• km-nm
    km-nm Member ✭✭
    Options

I still have the truncated-to-the-dollar problem as of 3/20.

• dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I too am also still having the truncated cents issue. Expected it to resolve but hasn’t yet. I tried deactivate/activate but that didn’t work…. Quicken changed the opening balance by .39 cents to match the online truncated cents balance. I consider myself fairly patient having worked in software support for 37 years, but this is getting old. Whatever this issue is with the cents... it seems to me it would be a nit to fix. Someone just needs to look at the code.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

I think your issue this morning was a Quicken/Intuit server issue, not an Elan issue. The fact that none of your EWC+ accounts downloaded anything is a strong indication of that, especially if the OSU process was completed very quickly in just a few seconds.

That is what happened with me this morning with all connection methods during OSU. Doing a little trouble shooting showed that my Cloud Account could not connect with the Quicken/Intuit server so OSU never even really started, even though the OSU Summary report showed that it had.

I took a different path than you did by signing in as a different user which, after the 3rd attempt, restored that server connection with the Cloud Account. Then I was able to download all accounts (including some new Elan transactions) without issue.

Your restoring the backup file would have done the same thing that signing in as a different user does….restoring the Cloud Account/server connection.

And, unfortunately, like with you, the Online Balance did not self-correct the missing cents from yesterday so reconciling to the Online Balance is not possible at this time.

One pleasantly odd observation with Elan downloads the last couple of days: There were 3 transactions that did not download for different dates during Feb. Yesterday, one of those transactions downloaded and matched to the manual entry I'd made back on 2/3. Today another of those transactions downloaded and matched to the manual entry I'd made on 2/14. I don't think I've ever seen that happen so long after the fact before before. Why did it happen on different OSUs on different days? Will that 3rd missing transaction download, too, and when?

This issue about some random Elan transactions not dowloading in Feb was not specific to Elan. It happened with a few other EWC and EWC+ accounts, as well. It will be interesting to see if those missing downloads for those other FIs will download soon.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)