Elan Financial Services - CC-502 (QWin) [Edited]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

The Fidelity Rewards Credit Card financial institution setup link no longer exists and in December was replaced with Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account. The Alert you referenced should have been closed and archived so people can't reference it any longer.

During Sep/Oct most people who used this Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup link ended up changing their connection to Elan Financial Services which for most people worked pretty well until this month. The main issue with Elan in the past was that when first setting up the connection or resetting it the Online Balance that was shown in Quicken would have the cents dropped which prevented reconciling to the Online Balance. In most cases this issue would self resolve within a day or so when running OSU, again. This month something happened which reintroduced the cents dropped issue but this time it has not been self resolving.

As mentioned in my 1st paragraph, in December Fidelity introduced their new EWC+ connection option which is the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts in Add Account. In part it is the Fidelity fix for the old problematic and now removed Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link. You might want to try setting up your CC account with this new Add Account link to see if it resolves the issue for you. Except for a little download issue reported on Saturday (likely caused by a Fidelity or Quickne/Intuit server maintenance issue), it has been working well for the Fidelity CC the last couple of months. If you are not sure how to make this connection change, see my first 3/22 post above which has step-by-step instructions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Carp8diem
    Carp8diem Member ✭✭
    Options

Boatnmaniac

Just a quick Thank you!

I did as you suggested, and it seems to have fixed my problems and more. My download was also putting a long string of xxx's in front of some numbers in the downloaded memo field? That is now gone. The missing cents in the online balance is also corrected. Lastly the 502 / 503 errors in setting the account up for downloads is fixed.

Again thanks; much appreciated!

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 25
    Options

You are welcome. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you.

BTW, those XXX's in front of some numbers in the downloaded Memo field are transaction reference numbers. I still see them in my test file for this EWC+ Fidelity CC but no in my main file. You can prevent downloaded data from populating the Memo field by checking the box in the Online Services tab of Account Details for the account in question, like this:

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Deleted question: already previously answered.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Since this past Friday my transaction dl's for the Elan Financial card have been failing with a CC-800 error. The "fix it" trouble shooting from within Q always indicates that it completes successfully but did not solve the problem. I changed the connection method as described in your post and the problem is resolved. Something is definitely off with Elan Financial. Thanks for the info!

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

I had to reset the account to make it work, but after the reset, the download worked properly.

• pjjameso
    pjjameso Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no cents for me with elan download

• dexmom
    dexmom Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also not getting cents in the downloaded balance. I reset the download, but that did not fix the problem.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have being using both the Elan and the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account links for Ine Step Update (OSU). Specifically, two different Fidelity Rewards Visa accounts.

As of today, 3/28:

Elan Account: Had to reset the account to get the account to work with OSU. After reset the latest transactions downloaded, but the Online Balance does not show cents (i.e., the recurring problem).

Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account: The latest transactions did not down load with OSU. Used the manual method (i.e., qfx download) to get the latest transactions. Cents show in the Online Balance.

Bottom line: For me, the Fidelity Via downloads still have issues.

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member
    Options

Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account : The latest transactions are not available for download with OSU until after 1 pm est.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Where did you get this information from? Are you able to download, now?

FYI: I downloaded from Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts this morning in 3 different data files without any issue. New transactions were downloaded and the Online Balances were update in all 3 data files. So, I am really wondering why I was able to download successfully but you were not.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Boatnmaniac, I can't answer your question about the 1pm time constraint. But, like you, I did get OSU downloaded correctly from Fidelity - Investments and Retirement Accounts previously. I must admit that I am a little frustrated by the inconsistent operations of both the Elan and Fidelity links.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 29
    Options

I am not seeing inconsistency with the Fidelity - Investments and Retirement Accounts with one exception and that was this last Saturday when Fidelity's servers were down for maintenance. I do not consider server maintenance an inconsistency. A nuisance sometimes, yes, but not an issue. Other than this past weekend, this Fidelity EWC+ connection has been very reliable for me ever since I started using it in a test account this past January and in my main data file starting on 3/20.

Now the EWC Elan connection dumbfounds me. Elan had been very reliable for years but these last 5 months has been been very frustrating. I am still running it in OSU in two different test files to see when the Online Balance dropped cents issue is resolved but as long as the Fidelity connection continues to function well for me I think I am done with Elan in my main data file.

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member
    Options

Boatnmanic, the past 2 days I tried downloading at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, noon and was able to download both days between 12:30pm and 1pm. I am expecting 1 transaction on Friday and I will post my outcome.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

To clarify, the connection issue has been marked resolved. The issue with the online balance not reflecting cents is a separate issue that is still being worked on. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10942446/CTP-9175 & 9521)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    Options

My balance has the correct amount in Quicken including cents, but when I try to reconcile the account, the cents are missing from the statement ending balance in Quicken, even though the statement balance is correct online.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 1
    Options

You are describing the issue where the Online Balance (in Quicken, not in your online account or paper statement) has the cents dropped. This is preventing reconciling to the Online Balance and is the issue that the Alert mentioned in the post prior to yours refers to. The transactions download OK so the Account Register is accurate but the Online Balance in Quicken does not include any cents.

You can try to resolve the issue by switching your OSU connection from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity - Investments and Retirement Accounts. See my 1st post of 3/22 in this thread for step-by-step details on how to do this.

• drtgs1951
    drtgs1951 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am experiencing this issue.

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

I went to downloading using the suggested Fidelity Investments and Retirement Accounts method and disconnected the Elan Financial site. As mentioned it did clear up the online balance dropping the cents issue. There does seem to be a time lag with newest transactions updating, however. Thanks for the info. Amazing the gymnastics required to keep this Elan Financial credit balance accurately updating. The community seems more in tune than support staff.

• bizbuyer
    bizbuyer Member ✭✭
    Options

kileyrreid, I agree. I get a lot better information from following the community here than from Quicken support. I appreciate these contributors tremendously and makes me wonder when Boatnmaniac finds time to go boating. I always check the forum before loading a new release!

• schuesslerrm
    schuesslerrm Member ✭✭
    Options

The time lag with Fidelity Investment and Retirement Accounts is troublesome for someone who updates financials every morning. I prefer this temporary workaround to the cents rounding issue: (1) Use Elan OSU to download transactions; (2) Accept transactions into cleared state; (3) Cancel the auto-reconcile as it won't balance due to the cents discrepancy; (4) Select the cleared transactions and marked them reconciled. Everything is then tidy with downloaded and reconciled transactions until whatever point in time this issue is resolved.

• bizbuyer
    bizbuyer Member ✭✭
    Options

schuesslerrm, I too am a bit perturbed by the fact that the transactions from Fidelity-Investment and Retirement Accounts appear to update later in the afternoon than Elan which is updated first thing in the morning (because I update my accounts early in the morning). I hope they get this cents issue fixed soon. But I am definitely pleased that there is an alternative that fixes the cents problem. I appreciate Boatnmaniac for finding it and vnolin11 for identifying the timing issue. Quicken has its share of issues, which should be expected from a company trying to integrate with so many financial institutions many of which want to make Quicken obsolete. I've been using Quicken for over 30 years and when I've gotten really angry, tried to find an alternative. The best I've come up with is doing myself in an Excel spreadsheet like I did before Quicken, which isn't a very good alternative. I'm a retired CPA and retired ERP system implementation manager so I have a bit more experience than many Quicken users. It is still frustrating when things that were working well stop working well all of a sudden for no apparent reason.

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member
    Options

I am not seeing consistency with the Fidelity - Investments and Retirement Accounts. I was not able to download any transactions from last Thursday (March 28). Today at 11:30am, my download picked up transactions from Saturday March 30). schuesslerrm, I agree "The time lag with Fidelity Investment and Retirement Accounts is troublesome for someone who updates financials every morning". So, I reloaded my backup file from earlier this morning, switched back to Elan Financial and all transactions downloaded. Hopefully, the missing cents issue will soon be fixed.

• 23-yrQuickUser
    23-yrQuickUser Member ✭✭
    Options

I followed this for our card in our Quicken account and for both of my parents' cards in their Quicken account. It worked perfectly for all three cards. Thank you so much @Boatnmaniac!

I feel like it will be more reliable going forward since it is now EWC+.

• tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

04/05/24 Update: Elan download showed the cents on the Online Balance this AM.

On a separate topic, I use OSU every morning. Minor gripe….Would be great if the EWC+ link (using  Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Account) would update transactions in the AM, not the PM.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

The Elan no-cents Online Balance is resolved for me this morning, as well. (Even though my main data file now uses the Fidelity connection setup I am still tracking Elan in a test file.)

Regarding the delayed download of transactions via the EWC+ Fidelity connection: I have seen this delay on occasion but I also see new downloads with this Fidelity connection at the same time as EWC. I seriously doubt that we will ever see the Elan and Fidelity downloads be 100% in sync because there will be some delay in just getting the Elan data imported into the Fidelity website. This is not anything Quicken can fix. It would need to be addressed with Fidelity and perhaps Elan, too.

Still, one thing I really like with Fidelity over Elan is that I do not ever recall getting downloaded transactions from Fidelity that are not already fully accounted for in the Online Balance. With Elan, it has not been uncommon for posted transactions to download before the Online Balance has been updated to reflect them which prevents reconciling to the Online Balance. With Elan the issue self resolves when doing OSU, again, 12-24 hrs later but it is a nuisance. I would rather have a slight (1/2 day - 1 day) delay in getting posted transactions to download than to have to continue dealing with Online Balances being out of sync with the transaction downloads.

• schuesslerrm
    schuesslerrm Member ✭✭
    Options

I noticed that if you do OSU with Elan in the evening it, it downloads transactions that would normally be reconciled overnight, but the balance will not be updated until the morning. I therefore wait to do OSU until mornings and download Elan with everything else that updated overnight at other institutions.

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member
    Options

It is a matter of personal preference as to whether you would rather update in the morning or evening. If you prefer morning, Elan appears to be the perfect choice. If you prefer evenings, Fidelity would be the obvious alternative. One thing I did notice this morning is that Elan did show pending transactions for purchases I made yesterday. Fidelity does not show any pending transactions and they most likely will appear in the evening.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I agree that is it a matter of personal choice as to which one to use. For me, I do OSU in both the mornings and the evenings for a number of reasons. And, yes, it does appear that OSU in the morning is best for Elan while OSU in the evening is best for Fidelity. It is good to have a choice and to each his/her own.

@vnolin11 - You said "One thing I did notice this morning is that Elan did show pending transactions for purchases I made yesterday. Fidelity does not show any pending transactions and they most likely will appear in the evening."

Just wanted to let you know that both Elan and Fidelity downloaded pending transactions for me yesterday and again today. But I believe Elan was preselected in the Preference while I needed to manually select Fidelity.

This discussion has been closed.