Can't download from Axos Bank

Comments

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

it's very encouraging to hear that you are on top of this. thank you!

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi All. There seems to be an underlying script issue and we have reached out to the script team at Axos about the link they provided to see if it can be changed to be more user friendly and secure. We have yet to hear back from Axos, but once we do, I will let you know. In the meantime, please message here with any other issues you come across. I am reporting them as they come in. I am sorry for all of the back and forth and that this issue has continued for so long.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Well, the "fix" recommended by Quicken Janean is a once-only connection fix. Once you go to (https://nwp.ai/w/78) and authenticate, you can download into Quicken using your existing login credentials and the download works as expected (Quicken Mac user here). However, the next time you try and do a Quicken update it fails…same old story about you misting your login credentials.

Frankly, this is absurd that this is taking Quicken and AXOS this long to fix this issue. By the way, ufb Direct, which is owned and operated by AXOS and uses the same login credentials (change ufb Direct credentials, you won't be able to login to AXOS without using your ufb credentials, and vice versa) works without an issue and has never had these issues.

Quicken is a good product…we wouldn't be using it, unless there was an alternative out there that was as complete as Quicken. If there was, I'd be done in a heartbeat as Quicken is so slow to fix download issues, bug issues in their software, and frankly their sub-par support team that more times than not does not know how to fix issues and on many many occasions has given incorrect and damaging remedies.

Quicken has gone to a subscription service and yet their support is dismal and product releases are consistently buggy. Time for Quicken and Axos to work together to fix this issue and stop with all the "we're working on it" nonsense.

Otherwise, someone, please please create an alternative to Quicken!!!!!

• nathanroemer
    nathanroemer Member ✭✭

Verifying 2FA through the API link worked to solve the Axos login issue. THANK YOU!!

• nathanroemer
    nathanroemer Member ✭✭

Nevermind. It fixed it ONE TIME, then the problem came back.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

me too!
    it's good to register here so @Quicken Janean can take action. thank you!

• Quicken Janean

@nathanroemer, are you receiving the error cc-503 again, when trying to connect your Axos account?

Quicken Janean

• aglaroch
    aglaroch Quicken Windows Subscription Member

It has been now over 1 month that Axos can't be downloaded. Still not fixed!! We are not talking a tiny bank here. Axos support says it's a quicken issue and will not help further. I signed off of the automatic link to reset it, but now it still says oops, wrong sign-in when I try to re-link.

Do we have to assume that we won't be able to link anymore? I am not willing to enter all my transactions by hand, it's the whole point of the synching process! I know from past experience that once you're past 3 months, the transactions will no longer link anyway. So better get on the stick, quicken!

• choosejoy
    choosejoy Member ✭✭

The 'fix' only one time. Axos won't download again!

• Kale
    Kale Member ✭✭

I used the secret URL from Quicken Janean and my PC is downloading Axos transactions again. Strangely, I went to Venmo someone and that service lost it's connection to Axos and required reconnecting. It goes through a service called Plaid. It had no trouble getting reconnected.

• Quicken Janean

Hi @choosejoy and @Kale, I have shared this feedback with the team as well. The issue is still being looked into. I appreciate your patience. I am checking in frequently for updates.

Quicken Janean

• Void2258
    Void2258 Member ✭✭

We are now at over 1 month without this being resolved. There will now be a gap in transactions downloaded if and when this ever get fixed.

• aglaroch

To Void2258:

The comments pages are now long, as this has been a major issue for weeks.

However, I finally did find the posts with a temporary fix, which did work for me, here is the text:

"Well, the "fix" recommended by Quicken Janean is a once-only connection fix. Once you go to https://nwp.ai/w/78

and authenticate, you can download into Quicken using your existing login credentials and the download works as expected (Quicken Mac user here). However, the next time you try and do a Quicken update it fails…same old story about you misting your login credentials."

I was able to synch after that, going back to 6/20. Buys us a few more weeks… several people were concerned about the third party site not being AXOS specifically and maybe not safe. We're assured it is safe, fingers crossed. And BTW, I am not a Mac user.

Hope this works for you too.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

I contacted Axos twice regarding this issue to question their use of a non-secure URL and to request that they prioritize working with Quicken to fix this issue. I received what I consider to be fairly weak responses from them that were poorly worded and didn't truly address the concerns I raised:

"Please be informed, customers can download transactions through "QuickBooks/Quicken" app, and it will be downloaded into Excel spreadsheet format. As we no longer provide QFX format. Unfortunately, we are unable to change the URL of the website. If you do not feel comfortable using the link provided to you, the only other option is to manually manage your transactions."

So my last response to them was that I am now moving my money to another bank and cancelling my account with Axos. Good luck to everyone else, I do really hope this gets resolved for you.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I have spoken with Axos support personnel in the past about this issue and have found them to be unhelpful and ill-informed. When this problem first arose about a month ago, the only way you could download transactions from the website was into an Excel spreadsheet. Then a couple of weeks after that they added the ability to download into a QFX file. The ability to download into a QFX file still exists, as I just downloaded my transactions. So the support person you spoke with is just wrong. Downloading the QFX file is easier than manually entering the transactions, but the problem needs to be fixed so we can download during a OSU.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

Thanks Jim and yes, I was aware that QFX was a download option, I just pasted the response I received from Axos today to again underscore to this community how frontline support at Axos is responding. The frustration that led me to cancel the account was primarily related to the very poor customer service I received from them - they didn't acknowledge that nwp.ai was a bad decision on their part that goes against secure programming principles that every company that adheres to PCI standards are trained/required to know. I shared that Axos is one of many accounts that have and for them to dismissively inform me that I would have to manually update my account (even with a manual download from their website) says to me that they do not value me as a customer. Others may see it differently and that's fine, but to me there are too may other viable choices that will save me time and provide equivalent, or better, returns on my money.

• Quicken Janean

Hi All, we are currently working with Axos and their script team and engineer leads on this issue. I wish I had an ETA and more details to share but once I am provided more information, I will continue to share it here. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

Janean, Thank you for keeping everyone in the loop. I know there’s a lot of frustration especially for those of us been Q users for a long time and who are also AXOS customers. having been through other Quicken issues, I would like to say that you, Janean, done a good job of keeping us informed to the extent that you can.

• nathanroemer
    nathanroemer Member ✭✭

What I am receiving is:

We were unable to validate your login information with Axos Bank. Try signing in again. (FDP-103)
    Error Code: INVALID_CREDENTIALS (FDP-103)
    WCC: CC-503

• Taking this long to resolve this issue is indicative of the poor state of Quicken Support and the ability of their programmers to effectively implement solutions and develop stable software. To blame Axos is only partially correct as it must interface with Quicken servers, which continue to use outdated programming standards and buggy software. NOTHING should be this difficult to resolve if the code base was efficient and utilized the most up-to-date programming standards. Quicken needs to modernize is software code and develop strategies for support that are effective and timely. Waiting now for months to connect to a bank to download transactions is nearly as basic as it gets and yet they continue to demonstrate they cannot effectively work with business partners. Very disappointing. It's only a matter of time before Quicken will be software of the past.

• Quicken Janean

Thanks @nathanroemer I will share your experience with the team working on this issue.

Quicken Janean

• sonnyfl1
    sonnyfl1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Same problem. No Error message for me but bank transactions are not downloaded into Windows Quicken Classic.

• Kale
    Kale Member ✭✭

I used the secret URL from Quicken Janean and my PC is downloading Axos transactions again. Strangely, I went to Venmo someone and that service lost it's connection to Axos and required reconnecting. It goes through a service called Plaid. It had no trouble getting reconnected. And a day later Quicken has forgotten it's connection to Axos again. :-((

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@Kale please let us know if the download keeps working correctly. Several of us have reported that the download works once, then stops after the one time.

• Quicken Janean

Hi All, As of yesterday, this is still being looked into by the Axos script team. We hope to have more details to share soon. Thanks for continuing to share your feedback.

Quicken Janean

• Kale
    Kale Member ✭✭

I tried that clever reset that Janean suggested and it worked ok the first time, then it failed to work the next time I tried. I repeated the process but no luck getting my data into quicken.

• August 8th Response from Axos Bank:

Please be informed, customers can download transactions through "QuickBooks/Quicken" app, and it will be downloaded into Excel spreadsheet format. As we no longer provide QFX format. Furthermore, if they are unable to access Axos account through Quicken then we can suggest using "QuickBooks".

Please keep in mind that we are limited in our ability to assist customers with QuickBooks and/or Quicken difficulties because the program was designed and is administered by a third party. Any additional support should be followed up with QuickBooks and/or Quicken directly.

Any additional support should be followed up with QuickBooks and/or Quicken directly. You can also contact Quicken Support at 650-250-1900 or 877-683-3280. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday. If you wish to contact Quicken Support by email, please visit https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.

• Quicken Janean

Hi All, We have not heard back from Axos but this issue is still being looked into. I am sorry this is still ongoing.

Quicken Janean

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@Robrice99 the Axos response is BS. I got that response from them earlier, but you are able to download a QFX file with your transactions. I have told Axos that they are giving out bad information.

• aglaroch

Can somebody explain how you then migrate the QFX file into my Quicken? Because that next step is not explained on this board. I found the place in AXOS where I would choose the download option, but didn't go the next step, because I was able to synch once going back 1 month, with the other trick of the 3d party verification. Reading comments though, I am afraid that will not work more than once.