Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• dan assh
    dan assh Member ✭✭

Still not working…

• Well, followed this from the start and couldn't wait any longer. Tried the Costco Citi Visa card work around as mentioned by many here and, IT WORKED for me. Note, I do not have a Costco card nor Visa but was able to link my checking and other M/Cs and updates were successful. It now shows my FI as Costco etc. and will see if correcting that is possible later. Any thoughts on this?

THANKS to all for their input. Hopes this helps others as an FYI.

• Have tried to connect with Citi to no avail. When will this issue be resolved?

• TW767
    TW767 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

Orthonormal's approach worked! Setting up my Citi Double Cash Visa as a Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi worked. It left my "Financial Institution" field saying "Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi", but the account number is correct and it did download my transactions.

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭

To all community members contributing to this post, Thank you for highlighting the issue and sharing your experiences. My Citi account is finally working using Costco Anywhere as the financial institution; which actually failed earlier.

However, unlike @Quicken Kristina's post my account's Financial Institution is "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi " . I don't know if this really matters. I just wanted to share the observation.

I hope the issue has finally been resolved for everyone.

• @ Bob on 30SEP. That worked for me, just pick another Citi card and it finally made the link up.

• citibank credit card still is failing to reauthorize my account. Using quicken for windows, version R59.6. Post of 9/30 indicated it was fixed.

• You have to use the Costco Citi Visa to get any of your Citi credit cards to connect. Should have been fixed by now.

• fastEd
    fastEd Member
    edited October 2

I still cannot connect to my costco citi visa or other citi card. I have been with Quicken 20+ years. This is unacceptable. When will you fix?

• Vlad2277
    Vlad2277 Member ✭✭

Anyone knows if same method can be used on Quicken Simplifi or Android?

Plus, is it possible to join accounts on Android app? I don't have all duplicates once it's fixed and can't afford to loose all previous accounts history if I'll create new connection through Costco method.

• Ramp
    Ramp Member ✭✭

This is tooo long for a fix- especially at month end Quicken- how about some updates and ETA ?

• Woody7
    Woody7 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I also have version R59.6 Build 27.1.59.6. The web page that Quicken Sends me to reauthorize indicates "Your Accounts have been Authorized Successfully!" Then when it goes back to Quicken, and I get "Sign in to Citibank bank failed. Try Again." I typically use Edge as my browser and I've also tried disabling the Pop-up Blocker and that did not help. I also tried using Firefox as my default Browser and that also did not help.

• Ken1
    Ken1 Member ✭✭✭

I am still having the same problem with Costco Citi credit cards.

• louisjjames
    louisjjames Member
    edited October 2

I join you with the lack of any updates on this resolution. The last update was on 09-30-2024 by @Quicken Kathryn and @Quicken Jasmine on their post (See below). This is an important time of the month as most of us are reconciling. We can't easily reconcile if we can't download. See their last update on 09-30-2024 and then silence.

• RasfamPQ
    RasfamPQ Member
    edited October 2

Is there a resolution to this issue with Citi downloads for both Citibank and Citicards?

• Bill hancock
    Bill hancock Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

Still cannot go from quicken to download Citi Credit cards.

[Removed - Off Topic]

When is it going to be fixed?

• niallogara
    niallogara Member ✭✭

I have been using Quicken for 30+ years but this is my first time using the Quicken Community forum. The information provided by community members regarding this issue has been invaluable in this situation. I was able to re-establish downloading of Citi credit card transactions using the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" fix as recommended by many here. Thanks to all.

The lack of any meaningful information provided by Quicken themselves in this forum however is hard to understand. Given the reach of Citibank I can only imagine how many Quicken users must be impacted by this issue.

My question to Quicken at this point is will the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" fix work indefinitely (to download transactions) or will we ultimately have to revert back to the "regular" Citibank connection?

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭

This has been going on since about September 26…time for a solution.

• jcjrb
    jcjrb Member ✭✭

Any suggestions for the Citi Strata Premier card?

• I tried again today; still receiving the Care Code: FDP-390 error when Quicken tries to connect after CitiCard authorization.

• padeadhead
    padeadhead Member ✭✭

All I know is when I review resumes for hiring developers and QA, I will never hire anyone who's experience includes quicken or intuit.

• Vlad2277
    Vlad2277 Member ✭✭

I'm thinking of maybe trying the same

Were you able to join accounts together? I don't want 2 duplicates.

Did all old transactions stayed in the app after using Costco connection?

Official Quicken response from customer service is that they have no idea when or if they'll have Citi access working

No ETA in sight…

• CorkTheElder
    CorkTheElder Member ✭✭✭

This worked for me. Two different cards (Costco & AT&T Universal) were reconnected to the existing accounts.

• Vlad2277
    Vlad2277 Member ✭✭

According to Quicken. And I've talked 3 times to customer service.

They don't have any ETA for this.

Maybe trying to get rid of Citibank ?!?

• Steven95827
    Steven95827 Member ✭✭

Just tried today October 2, 2024 - I selected by three Citi cards, but did not select the box for future accounts and my authentication worked and the system downloaded my missing transactions. The other thing I did was select the Citibank Costco Credit Card as the bank. This is when I was prompted with my three cards checkboxes. I selected all of them but left the Future Accounts unchecked. Hope this helps.

• alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2

The suggestion about using a sign in with "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" worked for me. Wonderful! - But why did it work? Is this a permanent work around or has something changed with Citibank that requires this new log in?

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this. Worked for my Mastercard too (Citi Rewards+).

• M William
    M William Member ✭✭✭

Today is October 2, 2024. I also had the popup asking me to reauthorize at lease a dozen times. As noted by everyone else I was told the reauthorization was successful until it wasn't. I even deleted my account from Quicken and reloaded account info hoping this would help - - it didn't.

I know the Quicken folks are working the problem, but I sure wish they would officially publish something to let the world know what is going on.

This discussion has been closed.