Citibank - FDP-390 (QMAC)

124»

Answers

• Focaccia
    Focaccia Quicken Mac 2017 Member

Have been trying for five days and see there is an issue. But five days??

• ghovde@yahoo.com
    ghovde@yahoo.com Quicken Mac Other Member

The trick is to find the new card name, e.g., Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi for Costco, or Citi Smart Mastercard for the Citi Double Cash card. It will then link correctly to the established account.

• karenjeter
    karenjeter Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am also unable to update my citi costco account. This has been happening for several days. Appears to be reauthorized and then get message from Quicken to try again later. Please fix this problem.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

(Edited to make it more generic and less centic to QWin.)

Are you trying to reauthorize with the prior connection setup Financial Institution(s) that you have used in the past? If so, you need to stop doing that because most Citi connection FIs still do not work.

There are a couple of them that do but the one that a high percentage of people are saying does work for most (not all) Citi cards and for Citi checking and savings accounts is as follows:

1. Deactivate/disconnect your current Citi accounts if they are still showing that they are set up for downloading.
    2. Then search for Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi FI and follow the reauthorization process to set up your Citi accounts with this one. (NOTE: While the name of this FI is "Costco Anywhere Visa" it has been enabled to download most Citi-branded cards and some Citi co-branded (retail) cards…both Visa and Mastercard…and will also download Citi checking and savings accounts.
    3. When Citi completes the download setup process, make sure to link the download(s) to the Citi account(s) you already have in Quicken.

Most people have been posting that this has worked for them for most, if not all, of their Citi accounts. It has worked for me for the last 3 days now.

Please post back here whether or not this worked for you or if you have any questions.

There is another option you could consider using: Web Connect. WC is where you log into your online account for your Citi account(s) and then manually download and import the transactions data in QFX formatted files (also referred to as "Quicken files" and "Web Connect files"). It's not ideal but it will get you needed transactions data until the Citi connection issues are all resolved.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• jane the DIT
    jane the DIT Member ✭✭✭

The last transactions I was able to Quicken connect with my citi card were on September 23, 2024. It's now eight days later. I am still getting the same

An unexpected error occurred.
    Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-390

Come on Quicken, get this fixed.

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

[Removed - Speculation/Rant] In my case, this is a Citi Simplicity card that stopped working last week. I have been unable to reauthorize. I finally disconnected and tried to reconnect. Same error. [Removed - Language]

• ro be
    ro be Quicken Mac Subscription Member
    edited October 1

Long time Quicken, Web & Mac user here. Still not connecting to Citi and going in circles for days. I have spent many hours trying to reauthorize connections with Citi. I get a message from Citi that the connection is successful, but then I continue to get Quicken's connection error. I finally made a call today and Quicken support has no answers other than "they are working on it", but no definite answers, no time line. I don't want a work around, we need a fix, and soon. As many updates and annoying update notifications quicken sends, I'd appreciate just one about this issue. Quicken, this is beyond frustrating and unacceptable.

• Fred9255
    Fred9255 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

3 powerhouse software resources: Quicken, Intuit and Citi and it's coming up on day 6 of a major software problem. WT?

• mkramarc
    mkramarc Quicken Mac Other Member

The same here. After one hour I was told that it's a know issue

• davery777@gmail.com
    davery777@gmail.com Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Is there an ETA on a fix? I see some user "fixes" of deleting and recreating my accounts…I should not have to do this and take the risk of other problems. Please correct as soon as possible.

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

There's never an ETA on fixes. And no, deleting your account is almost never the right way to fix connection problems.

You can keep an eye on the following forums threads to see when things are working again, depending on which specific problem you're having:

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

It has been fixed for Costco Citi Anywhere Visa. Another user posted that this "NEW" connection link can be used for other cards too. I can't confirm that as I don't have any others. To use it, you have to DISCONNECT the one you have now that is not working then go in to reconnect and look for this NEW link. Good luck.

• bklynbass
    bklynbass Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Any status update here?

• Paul.R.OCOR
    Paul.R.OCOR Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I was able to reconnect my Costco Anywhere account and download transactions using the method described by Boatnmaniac in this discussion.

• mnelson23@gmail.com
    mnelson23@gmail.com Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Ok, it's been days!!! When are you'll going to resolve this issue? This is becoming a real issue for me and I'm sure many other users. A day or two, ok, but we are now pushing close to a week.

• silsurf
    silsurf Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Same issue here

• Kathy Underwood
    Kathy Underwood Member ✭✭

same here

• NotTechnical
    NotTechnical Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

This is indeed ridiculous. Quicken has moved to a SAAS model. If it isn't providing the service, we shouldn't have to pay for the service we aren't getting. What would work here (and be fair) is for Quicken to either refund to all of its customers who use the Citi downloads a pro rata portion of their subscription based on the number of days Citi downloads were out or extend those customers' subscriptions by that number of days. This also will provide the right economic incentives for Quicken to fix the problem. The more users who are impacted, the faster the fix should come. Quicken needs to have a financial dog in this fight or it has no immediate reason to act expeditiously. Its only concern is whether folks would stop subscribing altogether, and that is too removed a concern to get concerted action. This also would quantify the cost of failing to fix problems, whereas now it is just an item on a long to-do list.

Quicken made a business decision to move to a SAAS model. It should recognize that with its customers paying for its service on a subscription basis, it should provide credits when that service isn't provided. It is no different than when your cable TV (remember those days?), which was a monthly subscription, was out for a few days, you would get a credit back on your bill. We shouldn't be paying for a service we aren't getting.

• Tom Scanlan
    Tom Scanlan Member ✭✭✭

Same as everyone else. Multiple fails last week and this week.

Successful authentication to Citi.

Received citi email saying "You've authorized Quicken to access your Citi® account information"

Failed connecting to Quicken:

Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-390
    Details:CHANNEL_RESET_REQUIREDFCMS channelId=384bb9f0-8bea-4be9-950d-bb966cf57cfa for provider_id=e7abc7ac-02af-40fe-b33c-5ba1b5002bc1  is blocked

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
  • dpd
    dpd Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭✭

Threat of a Class Action lawsuit might help motivate a solution!

• davery777@gmail.com
    davery777@gmail.com Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

They are already disconnected…that is the problem. When you go to connect them the CitiBank side completes but the Quicken side errors out.

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Are you using the new Costco Citi Anywhere Visa link? Cuz that worked for me and others but sorry if it doesn’t work for you.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

You may follow this link to access an alert regarding issues with CitiBank. I suggest bookmarking the alert for all further updates. Also, to clarify the most recent update on the alert, this issue is still considered ongoing for Citi Cards and Citi Bank.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DavidParker1116
    DavidParker1116 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

It is ridiculous that a provider as large as Quicken can lose connectivity with a bank as large as Citibank for days. What is being done to rectify this situation? We are paying a subscription for a service that works. Will we receive a credit?

• dsw12
    dsw12 Member ✭✭

Jasmine, it would be helpful if you could give ANY updates… is this a Quicken or Citi problem? Are resources assigned, or in queue? Etc. Are any of the suggestions from other users "sanctioned" by Quicken? Some users apparently have been helped by disconnecting, others (including me) have not.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

We have received notice that the issues with Citi have been resolved. The Community Alert below has also been updated:

This thread is now closed, thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.