Comparison Graph Consternation

Paul Schopf
Paul Schopf Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Display/UI (Mac)
Get rid of the comparison graph!!!  You can "hide" it, but it won't go away.  For instance, If last month, you moved $10,000 into your checking account, then paid your tax bill, the comparison graph will show a $10,000 spike.  This would be OK, but when you "hide" the comparison, the Y-axis scales to have a $10,000 maximum range, even though your past and future balances all track to a range of (say) $0.00 to $27.50.  You see nothing but a straight line across the bottom of the graph.

Solution: re-scale the plot to fit the data that is displayed, not the data that is hidden.

My kludge:  Invent a Shadow Checking account, move the $10,000 deposit to that account, and indicate that the check for the tax bill came from there, and don't ever hope to reconcile that account online....
5 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• this is very irritating, I recently got a larger transfer than usual and now my scaling is all messed up, there has to be a better fix for this
  • CColotti
    CColotti Member
    This is still an issue I just hit this last week. Now that accounts projected balance Y Axis is huge and I can't regulate it back to "normal" and it's super hard to read!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • I have also had this annoying problem for years now, in which the Y-axis scale is way too large a range, and shows several large positive and negative spikes for whatever reason.

This brings up another problem with the Comparison Plot, which is that I have no clue how it comes up with these large spikes!

It really should not be that hard to re-scale the graph when not showing the Comparison Plot.

Or, just remove the Comparison Plot feature entirely, since it has never been useful due to the constant "spikes".
  • jn19163
    jn19163 Member
    Comparison plot has a huge spike representing a future transaction that does not exist. Now my actual scheduled transactions are basically a horizontal line because the range of the Y axis is way too large. If I change the forecast from next 90 days to next 6 months the "phantom" transaction shifts to a new date but of course the spike is still there. Any ideas?