USAA OL 220-A/294 Error

Answers

• rgiaquinta
    rgiaquinta Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    My USAA accounts have stopped downloading to Quicken too, as of installing update R31.8. This happens every year or two, and often takes Quicken a few days to iron out. I usually just subscribe to a thread like this and leave quicken alone until I start to see people saying "That Worked"! and then apply the fix. [Removed-Off-Topic/No Soliciting]
  • KLR
    KLR Member
    We have two credit cards associated with the USAA account and only one card shows up as an account using that random number. I need both cards to come in.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is a new update on the USAA alert, available here that contains additional details.

If you are experiencing any of the issues detailed in the alert, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem to assist our teams in the investigation.

Please include in the subject, which issue/error you are experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka
    Tyka:  Q member Jerry Byrum found the answer to part of the problem early this morning as follows:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Same issue with USAA. I tried the deactivate/reactivate procedure and it worked but the credit card account numbers were wrong. I spent most of the day on the phone with USAA and quicken and learned that the new (incorrect) account numbers were indeed coming from USAA and were "internal numbers" applied to the accounts for USAA purposes to eliminate the problem of changing credit card / account numbers. The numbers in fact appear on the credit card statements as part of a longer string of numbers. The USAA folks had no answer as to why the numbers suddenly started appearing on Quicken downloads. My history with Quicken/USAA goes back over 30 years and this is a first. The larger problem was why the switch to the new USAA access ID/Pin was a complete surprise to even the USAA Quicken web support folks. Guess you just can't get good help these days.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I went in to USAA Documents, found an old credit card bill and eureka...I found the "different account number" on the statement.  I immediately activated my credit card account (in Q) using my new access ID and PIN.  I linked the downloaded account (with this new account number) and all seems to be well.  Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @artg Is this USAA credit card account setup for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW
    Chris, it's Direct Connect.  I try to avoid Express Web Connect when possible.  in fact, my only Express Web Connect account is my Charles Schwab Bank accounts...ugh.  That was more than you asked for...sorry.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW
    Ok Chris, just for kicks I just tried updating the credit card and got a OL 294-A error.  What now besides me celebrating a little too soon. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    artg said:
    @Chris_QPW
    Chris, it's Direct Connect.  I try to avoid Express Web Connect when possible.  in fact, my only Express Web Connect account is my Charles Schwab Bank accounts...ugh.  That was more than you asked for...sorry.
    Thank you, very helpful.  The main reason I ask is because with Express Web Connect there is some "question" of where the account information comes from.  But with Direct Connect it is definitely USAA that is providing that information.  And it is "interesting" where they are getting that number.  Here is a comment about it:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20150295/#Comment_20150295
    Signature:
  • rkearsley
    rkearsley Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I like using both USAA and my bank and Quicken as my financial management program. You seem to be [removed] not working together. Please let me know when the download and connection issues are resolved. In the meantime, I am back to paper and pencil. Can you consider a cut in subscription fees until you get the issue resolved?
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    I had fixed the recent USAA issue yesterday and now as of the afternoon I am getting a new error OL-294-A. Is there a new issue with USAA?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    iusdcm1 said:
    I had fixed the recent USAA issue yesterday and now as of the afternoon I am getting a new error OL-294-A. Is there a new issue with USAA?
    Yes it is.  And given all the major changes/problems that USAA had recently I would suggest that everyone just back off for awhile.  Most likely USAA is going through trying to fix things and things will be "shaky" for awhile why they do that.
    Signature:
  • Steve197
    Steve197 Member
    I am aware that your team is working on several technical issues with USAA changing their log in procedures. I'd like to add another one to the list:

I successfully deactivated and reactivated my USAA accounts yesterday and had a couple successful downloads. Today, I am getting an OL-294-A error. I'm sure it's related to the issues that your team is addressing. Please make them aware of this additional issue. Thanks.
  • System
    System Member admin
    edited January 2021
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Get error OL-294-A IThink Financial trying to download transactions.
  • Clint B
    Clint B Member ✭✭
    Exact same experience, reactivate my USAA accounts (in USAA Federal Savings Bank - New) and today OL-294A error. And, 1st download before OL-294 error, deposits were downloaded as payments. I suspect the "translation table" for USAA server transactions to Quicken Direct Connect transactions is messed up.
  • freddew
    freddew Member
    Exact same problem with OL-294. Will wait for corrections
  • User1811
    User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    Same as above. Deactivated and reactivated the USAA accounts yesterday. All worked with OSU downloads. Today, I am getting an OL-294-A error on all USAA accounts. Selecting "get access ID and pin" results in a Gateway timeout error.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone needs to just wait. It is pretty clear that USAA is working on the problems and currently has the system down to work on it.
    The latest error reported is:

Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] -
    Earlier today I had updated the topic title to better reflect the key words in the Q&A 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• amsbaugh.
    amsbaugh. Member
    I have used quicken since before I got married in 1997. I have regularly upgraded - not every year but regularly. Since this latest upgrade i have had a lot of trouble with the software and now am unable to download activity from USAA. I followed the directions to refresh, but it still does not work. If i am not able to download the activity, i am going to discontinue using Quicken as it will no longer be useful.
  • nickfuhs
    nickfuhs Member ✭✭
    I have a USAA account maintained on quicken and successfully updated setup info.

My daughter has an account as well and also maintains on quicken in a different file. When we attempt to obtain an Access ID and PIN for my daughter, we get the same Access Id and PIN as mine. Accounts presented to my daughter using that info are my accounts.

How does my daughter get her own access ID and PIN?
  • nickfuhs
    nickfuhs Member ✭✭
    same computer.
  • jhood0612
    jhood0612 Member ✭✭
    Transactions from Fidelity don't download on a timely or regular basis. Some transactions will sometimes find there way into Quicken, but others will be skipped for no apparent reason. Also, I used to be able to download transactions from Quicken Loans, but then about two months ago the account was removed from one-step update. And just last week Quicken, on its own,. decided to rename my USAA checking account to add "ZZZ-" to the name of the account and now it also won't update correctly. Quicken isn't "buggy." It's crappy.
  • My USAA accounts aren't updating. The problem looks to be identical to the one in jhood0612's post above. Terrible, buggy build.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zzz prefix on a Financial Institution name indicates that the particular name/FI is no longer in use, per decision of the FI, not Quicken.
    Also, Fidelity, like all other investment brokerages, downloads via Direct Connect wherein the FI is SOLELY responsible for the content of the download.
    SO, @ThomasM324 & @[email protected]  you're both barking up the wrong tree.  These are FI errors, not Quicken's

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BobPollock
    BobPollock Member ✭✭
    > @amsbaugh. said:
    > I have used quicken since before I got married in 1997. I have regularly upgraded - not every year but regularly. Since this latest upgrade i have had a lot of trouble with the software and now am unable to download activity from USAA. I followed the directions to refresh, but it still does not work. If i am not able to download the activity, i am going to discontinue using Quicken as it will no longer be useful.

Quicken has a few issues, yes, but this week's problems, per this Quicken forum, are caused by USAA, having moved our data to new servers and having failed to properly format our data for correct downloading into Quicken. Quicken posted, prematurely it seems, a fix that makes the downloads happen, but yesterday Quicken reported that the data arrived into Quicken with gross errors, such as changing deposits to payments. Incredible.

Something of this magnitude happened about 7 years ago (seems like 2 years, but I digress); it took USAA about a week to get things fixed. I'd bet $100 that there are no USAA IT personnel employed today who were there 7 years ago. Turnover causes a loss of institutional history, but we old members remember.

I recommend:
    1. Wait a week or two until USAA gets this sorted out. Quicken is not their highest priority.
    2. Restore your last good Quicken backup, probably around January 25. Use it as usual, letting it give you USAA errors, but downloading from other non-USAA institutions. Apply the fix when it's evident from this forum that everything is working. Expect to learn of the fix from this Quicken forum. USAA has always been opaque about these things: they won't tell you even if they know it's broken, and they won't tell you once they know it's fixed.

It's too bad that Quicken won't release a report card grading financial institutions for working well with Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    nickfuhs said:
    I have a USAA account maintained on quicken and successfully updated setup info.

My daughter has an account as well and also maintains on quicken in a different file. When we attempt to obtain an Access ID and PIN for my daughter, we get the same Access Id and PIN as mine. Accounts presented to my daughter using that info are my accounts.

How does my daughter get her own access ID and PIN?
    It sounds like there is a flaw in the way USAA is setting up this security system.
    As in they are using something about the machine to decide that it should be connected to a given account and didn't count on the fact that multiple accounts on the same machine could happen.

My wife has a separate login, but it just connected to the same accounts, so something like this wouldn't apply to me and so I can't test it.

Anyways only USAA can give a definitive answer on this, and provide a way to fix it.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

It's too bad that Quicken won't release a report card grading financial institutions for working well with Quicken.
    Sounds like good thing to suggest.  You can make a suggestion like this by posting it as in Idea.  With that people can vote on it.

Signature:
  • Toi
    Toi Member ✭✭
    100% agree with comments above related to USAA /quicken is using some different mechanism now (with most recent change) to authenticate accounts (first time authentication). In my case, I see that the link https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll works on one network (connecting using service provider ' A') and does not work with a different service provider (I get security warnings). I managed to somehow get my account connected yesterday via Direct Connect (after playing with the network settings - I had to use a specific service provider), but when I try to download transactions today, I get the same issue with error "application denied access to server".

20210131 06:23:42: Marketing session sending to:
    20210131 06:23:42: QFN: Beginning get from
    20210131 06:23:42: ***QFN: ICGetFileRequest returns 67186406
    20210131 06:23:42: QFN: End get from , netstatus 8
    20210131 06:23:42: QFN: Beginning send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
    20210131 06:23:42: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305875
    20210131 06:23:42: The application has been denied access to the server. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20210131 06:23:42: QFN: End send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx, netstatus 15
  • dpd
    dpd Member ✭✭✭
    With the new "unique" Access and Pin codes, my Quicken gets linked to accounts that are not mine. Account numbers bear no resemblance to any I have! Called USAA and the CSRs have no clue as to what is happening.
  • douglitke
    douglitke Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I now have a new update institution zzz-USAA Fed Savings Bank: error recovery. Does not have a key icon after it. I cannot find any account that uses this institution. During update it has "an error occurred". My USAA accounts update fine if I uncheck this institution for One Step Update. If I leave this institution checked, USAA does not show up in the One Step Update Summary.
    I have updated all of my accounts to the new USAA method.

Institution just disappeared on my 5th download. Not sure what I did. It is gone
This discussion has been closed.