Restore "Mark All Read" for the entire community

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
The ability to mark sets of posts as read is currently buried at the Category level.
It would be helpful to have a global Mark All Read for the entire forum.
Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
Tagged:
10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    I used the global "Mark all read" daily on the old interface. It is sorely missed.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I used the global "Mark all read" daily on the old interface. It is sorely missed.

I suspect that ALL of the SuperUsers did also.  Nice to hear that a non-SU did also.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I want to state that this is having a direct impact on my ability to provide help.

I almost missed a follow up question to a question basically only I could answer because I thought I had scanned through several pages of mixed read/not read, and didn’t go far enough back.  And this isn’t the first time this has happened to me.

Yes I guess I could do workarounds like bookmarking every thread I reply on, but I like to keep my bookmarks down to a small amount that I’m “really interested in”.

In a way I guess it doesn’t matter that much, because more and more I’m looking at the threads and I don’t even want to look at them because there is basically nothing that any user can help with except the recommending the standard “hammers” like reset this or that, for a problem that probably will be back in short time because the real cause is never fixed.  All of these “connected services” that “half work”.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup - this is a biffy for those that want to browse, scan, look for new postings -
    and then MARK ALL AS READ - and then out the door
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since I have Recent Discussions set to show the categories I'm following, I have taken to opening the threads I don't want to read in new tabs and then quickly closing them, so they're all "read" for the next time I come back to the site. It's effective… but not efficient.  :(

Someone from Quicken posted elsewhere that Vanilla is working on developing the Mark All As Read functionality, but that it would take some time. (Why they need to develop a feature they had on the previous generation template is beyond me; I'm just reporting what the Quicken folks said about this.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    We really really need this feature. We used to have it! It was taken away! Please get Vanilla to restore it!
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited June 9
    Please please please restore this feature!

I will give one free virtual donut for every vote!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    +! I hate having to go to All Categories and marking each All Read!
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10