Restore "Mark All Read" for the entire community

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
The ability to mark sets of posts as read is currently buried at the Category level.
It would be helpful to have a global Mark All Read for the entire forum.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Tagged:
17 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    I used the global "Mark all read" daily on the old interface. It is sorely missed.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the global "Mark all read" daily on the old interface. It is sorely missed.

I suspect that ALL of the SuperUsers did also.  Nice to hear that a non-SU did also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I want to state that this is having a direct impact on my ability to provide help.

I almost missed a follow up question to a question basically only I could answer because I thought I had scanned through several pages of mixed read/not read, and didn’t go far enough back.  And this isn’t the first time this has happened to me.

Yes I guess I could do workarounds like bookmarking every thread I reply on, but I like to keep my bookmarks down to a small amount that I’m “really interested in”.

In a way I guess it doesn’t matter that much, because more and more I’m looking at the threads and I don’t even want to look at them because there is basically nothing that any user can help with except the recommending the standard “hammers” like reset this or that, for a problem that probably will be back in short time because the real cause is never fixed.  All of these “connected services” that “half work”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup - this is a biffy for those that want to browse, scan, look for new postings -
    and then MARK ALL AS READ - and then out the door

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since I have Recent Discussions set to show the categories I'm following, I have taken to opening the threads I don't want to read in new tabs and then quickly closing them, so they're all "read" for the next time I come back to the site. It's effective… but not efficient.  :(

Someone from Quicken posted elsewhere that Vanilla is working on developing the Mark All As Read functionality, but that it would take some time. (Why they need to develop a feature they had on the previous generation template is beyond me; I'm just reporting what the Quicken folks said about this.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    We really really need this feature. We used to have it! It was taken away! Please get Vanilla to restore it!

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited June 2021
    Please please please restore this feature!

I will give one free virtual donut for every vote!

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    +! I hate having to go to All Categories and marking each All Read!
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Bump.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it on my drop down menu.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    smayer97 said:
    I see it on my drop down menu.
    I don't. Could you please capture a screen shot?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we are talking about a "missing" forum command to mark ALL postings everywhere as Read
    vs the profile "bell" drop down and the Mark All Read at the bottom...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    I think we are talking about a "missing" forum command to mark ALL postings everywhere as Read
    vs the profile "bell" drop down and the Mark All Read at the bottom...

Yes, I am referring to the latter. Sorry if you meant something else.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    The item at the bottom of the bell menu is "mark all notifications read." It only clears the items under the bell. This suggestion is to mark all posts read.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sarah said in a different thread back in late April that Vanilla had agreed to develop this, but that it would be "some time" until it surfaced. At the speed Vanilla has responded to other issues, I'm guessing "some time" is a lot longer than 3-4 months. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking months to "develop" something that already existed but was simply removed... hmmm  :-\

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Bump.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Gimme a B! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! Gimme a P! What's that spell?

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUMP!!!
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Bumpity bump bump. We really need this. Admins please ask Vanilla to restore this function which used to exist.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Yup, another annoying bump. I'll stop the annoying bumps as soon as this feature is restored!

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I'm starting to annoy even myself with these bumps.