PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• lstavsky613
    lstavsky613 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Happening to me for several days. Still get the cc-505 error today. Is there a master ticket?
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only is there a week-old problem with PNC, but when I did a one-step update this morning, most of my banks gave a cc-505 error.
    I'm retired now, but when I worked in data processing, heads would fly if this weren't resolved by business opening the following day. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @augiboy - The error codes noted in each of the Alerts are different.  Whether or not they are caused by the same underlying issue or not and why it is taking so long to get fixed is something that I nor any other user can answer. 
    Fortunately, until the EWC issue(s) gets resolved, there are other available options for downloading transactions data:  DC and WC.  Both of these other options have been quite reliable and are more secure.  The WC method is a reasonable stop gap method.  But I personally find the DC method to be far superior to both EWC and DC.  Of course, the choice is up to each person as to which method to use but those who choose not to use these other options might have to wait a while longer before the EWC issues get resolved and who knows how much longer that might be.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue since 8-5-2022. This is unacceptable. How can you run a business and not have this fixed by next business day. I even did the help report problem and have received no communication back regarding this. I only found this by googling and found this feed. This has happened a few times this year. This needs to be addressed ASAP.
  • Jfletch58
    Jfletch58 Member ✭✭
    Options
    You guys are really trying hard to lose business. PNC didn't work for a month, you fix it and it's broke again.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @augiboy - The error codes noted in each of the Alerts are different.  Whether or not they are caused by the same underlying issue or not and why it is taking so long to get fixed is something that I nor any other user can answer. 
    Fortunately, until the EWC issue(s) gets resolved, there are other available options for downloading transactions data:  DC and WC.  Both of these other options have been quite reliable and are more secure.  The WC method is a reasonable stop gap method.  But I personally find the DC method to be far superior to both EWC and DC.  Of course, the choice is up to each person as to which method to use but those who choose not to use these other options might have to wait a while longer before the EWC issues get resolved and who knows how much longer that might be.

DC is so much better but I don't think you can use that method for Virtual Wallet accounts.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    jrbuch said:
    DC is so much better but I don't think you can use that method for Virtual Wallet accounts.
    Nor will DC work with PNC VISA's.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    jrbuch said:

Yes, you can use DC with Virtual Wallet accounts.  I have Virtual Wallet accounts and am set up with DC for them.  See my Aug 7 post regarding this and how to upgrade from EWC to DC with PNC.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    jimshu1 said:
    jrbuch said:
    Nor will DC work with PNC VISA's.
    I have heard that before but I don't have a PNC credit card so I really can't say, myself.  Which set up link are you using for your PNC Visa....PNC Bank - Web Connect or PNC Card Services Online?

• JC30
    JC30 Member
    Options
    Same issue. When will this be fixed? Since 8.5.22
  • jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    They have stated they are aware of the issue (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917478/new-8-8-22-pnc-bank-web-connect-cc-505-105#latest), but no updates. Why can't they at least provide an update?
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still an issue. Has anyone tried restoring a file prior to error and then try?
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for trying to restore to an older file: This has been going on for several days. How many days would we need to go back? I would not want to go back a week or 2 and then redo everything since then.
    I have done several validate and repair since this started. I never got any errors. It's not the data file.

• Paul Gilpin
    Options
    PNC error CC-505 since August 8. BIG problem since it seems to re-occur every few months.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What is Quicken saying? Anyone call the bank?
  • BarbaraRich
    BarbaraRich Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of 8/9/2022, I am still having the problem. It started 8/6/2022, as stated by many previous users. T
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    today I called PNC and verified that that they are aware of the virtual wallet issue. They said they are working to resolve it.
    They give the same advice that Quicken gave me yesterday. "Try reconnecting once a day until the problem is resolved.
  • plawaco
    plawaco Member
    Options
    I have been unable to download for about 5 or 6 days. This is annoying. Using export to update is a pain.
  • ronfaz1949
    ronfaz1949 Member
    Options
    still having trouble communicating with PNC on my accounts since August 6th. PNC said they have no problems and Quicken says it is not them but PNC. I wonder how long this will continue with no communications.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally today I received all updated transactions through EWC but still shows error CC-505. My checking and money markets have been coming through with Direct Connect with no problems. The credit card comes in via EWC okay but error still popping up.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have heard that before but I don't have a PNC credit card so I really can't say, myself.  Which set up link are you using for your PNC Visa....PNC Bank - Web Connect or PNC Card Services Online?
    PNC - Web Connect. 
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • meckert
    meckert Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It happens that I contacted [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] on this same issue. Their response below has some relevance:
    "We recently received communication from PNC bank that they are experiencing some stability issues with their production environment. In an effort to resolve this issue, PNC bank has temporarily disabled access for 3rd party aggregators. The good news is that PNC expects to restore access by tomorrow, so your account should start updating normally very soon."
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    jimshu1 said:
    PNC - Web Connect. 
    Have you tried connecting it with PNC Card Services Online?  I don't know if this is true or not but I was told last Oct/Nov by other PNC customers that the best link to set up the PNC credit cards with is PNC Card Services Online.

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried connecting it with PNC Card Services Online?  I don't know if this is true or not but I was told last Oct/Nov by other PNC customers that the best link to set up the PNC credit cards with is PNC Card Services Online.
    Just tried PNC Card Services Online method on my Q installation on my laptop. Same result as Express Web Connect:

- Jim S.
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There i> @ronfaz1949 said:
    > still having trouble communicating with PNC on my accounts since August 6th. PNC said they have no problems and Quicken says it is not them but PNC.

Finger pointing is very common between large companies, but in this case the fingers point to PNC being the problem

Your quicken agent was mostly correct but they should have given you enough detail to challenge PNC's denial of responsibility. For instance my quicken agent quickly pointed out that https://www.pncvirtualwallet.com was not working on any browser. But I believe PNC developed that URL exclusively for Quicken, so Quicken might share some of the blame.

PNC and Quicken have been working with each other for 20 years. I would expect their communications would be better.
  • Doc C
    Doc C Member ✭✭
    Options
    This isn't the First time EWC has failed! Sent all my logs again on Monday 8/8/2022. As the annual fee increases, we get to deal with this! Online reconciliation with a bank the size on PNC shouldn't be this difficult. Can't even get automatic updates to download. Wish that could get fixed too! Quicken user since 2.0 was introduced!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    jimshu1 said:
    Just tried PNC Card Services Online method on my Q installation on my laptop. Same result as Express Web Connect:

That's disappointing but it was worth a taking a shot with it so others may know.  Thanks for posting the results here.

• campbet44
    campbet44 Member
    Options
    I believe my CC-505 problem started when Quicken downloaded a newer version of software. I am now on Version R42.21 and Build 27.1.42.21 and I have not been able to connect to PNC since. This started Friday August 5, 2022. This is not the first time I had this issue and cannot remember how I resolved it about a year ago. Again, I suspect software updates.
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.