PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic/Violation of Community Guidelines/Rant]
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • mjferrante71
    Options
    "Last update August 5, 2022" and 505 error every since. Come on, Quicken -- figure it out!
  • leomoore
    leomoore Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've used this product for at least 25 years. I've never seen such a mess in all of that time. PNC hasn't worked in days. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • Leonadele2
    Leonadele2 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Same problem. Keep getting the round around. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • jschiren
    jschiren Member
    Options
    I'm still getting the 505 error. Please correct this issue!
  • ladams005
    ladams005 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    How long if you have upgraded to a priority? [Removed - Off Topic]? :)
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok, so i got my pnc working. It was awkward but it works, just had to do some manual corrections after the download, but it now is working. Go into tools, account list, online services, edit, deactivate. Then go to File, "Validate and repair" then go to upate and add the credentials of your account, (log in and pw) let it think a little. Then it will ask you again for your log in and pw, enter it, it will then ask to send you a sms message with a code to your phone to enter in the program, enter the passcode and enter. It will go through a waiting period for about 30-90 seconds and it will update. Good luck all!
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI, you will get an email from PNC stating you are linking to a 3rd party. Also when it is going through the process, Quicken will ask you to link the PNC accounts that it finds at PNC to the EXISTING accounts on Quicken. Dont create new accounts, link to existing.
  • arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Premier, latest version, user for decades. Web connect with PNC has not worked for the last week. We are paying a premium subscription price but not getting a usable service. Why does Quicken not at least respond to these posts?
  • Dan Gilmartin
    Dan Gilmartin Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    it has now been 7 days since we have been unable to use webconnect to get PNC data. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    This is a PNC issue not Quicken. I use several financial aggregators ([Removed - 3rd-Party Softwares]) and PNC isn't connecting on any of them so this is a PNC issue.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still doesn't work in the AM (today Aug. 12).
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My PNC accounts seem to be updating properly. However, I still get the error notice. Perhaps I need to reset my PNC accounts to eliminate the error. I have done so in the past. This seems a poor way to handle the issue. It should be transparent to the end user.
  • mhmohr
    mhmohr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having the problem - how long until this is fixed?
  • bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    August 12, 2022, 9:00AM ET I just spoke with PNC Customer no service. The service has been down since July 26. There have been no messages provided to Quicken users. There is no ETA when the service will be restored.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Dan Gilmartin said:
    it has now been 7 days since we have been unable to use webconnect to get PNC data. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]
    Just to get this correct, you can not log into the PNC website, download a Web Connect .QFX file and import it into Quicken, do I have your issue correct?
    Or, do you mean that you are using Express Web Connect or Direct Connect with One Step Update and it isn't working?
    The connection type is shown on the Account List (Tools menu).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• broken_again_
    broken_again_ Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • David Green
    David Green Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Everyone should call Quicken Support and ask for a credit on their subscription.  The only way that we have to motivate Quicken to get this resolved is financially.     I work in technical support.   If something like this were going on where I work, it would not take a week to resolve.  

I got a 2 month extension on my subscription.  I encourage everyone else affected to do the same.  
    Quicken for Windows Premiere
    Always the latest version
  • snyderdm2005
    snyderdm2005 Member, Windows Beta
    Options
    This is what I got from PNC Chat just now:
    "It is my pleasure to help! You should be able to link the account(s) with Quicken between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am EST."
    I asked, "but what I'm asking is that I am sleeping those hours. So will I be able to do it tomorrow when I wake at 6 am EST."
    He said, "At this time, you cannot. This service is only activated during these hours and then decommissioned. We are working to have it available all day."
  • WolfDaddy
    WolfDaddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > @mjferrante71 @jschiren Are you complaining to PNC? Its their outage, so asking Quicen to fix it is barking up the wrong tree.

It's not PNC's outage. Quicken has admitted it is Quicken's problem. Read the whole thread here.
  • BarbaraRich
    BarbaraRich Member ✭✭
    Options
    It worked for me yesterday, but has stopped working again today.
  • Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue with 3 of 5 PNC checking accounts. I should be used to it by now.
  • cuscom
    cuscom Member
    Options
    Have tried all suggested "solutions" to no avail. Downloads via Web Connect have not worked for a week now. Please resolve this issue!
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I get the CC 505 error on two PNC checking accounts. No errors on my PNC savings accounts.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I deactivated one of my PNC accounts several days ago hoping that would fix this. I have been trying to reactivate it once daily since this started.
    It has been connected via web connect for years. So nothing changed there.
    Of course, today (8/12) I still get an error when I try to reconnect.
    When I worked in IT, everyone would immediately be called into work and they had to stay until this was fixed, even if it took all night. I have been there all night many times.
  • dianac72
    dianac72 Member
    Options
    I am receiving error CC-502 when attempting to update my account with PNC Bank. I have been experiencing this for a few days now.
  • gmaislin
    gmaislin Member
    Options
    Same error for several days -505. Cannot download PNC transactions.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @gmaislin said:
    > Same error for several days -505. Cannot download PNC transactions.

Try downloading tonight after 10PM EST. From a former post, "You should be able to link the account(s) with Quicken between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am EST."
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I now remember getting a popup on Sunday, August 7 when trying to download my EWC accounts. It asked for a phone # to send a verification code to. Quicken has never done this before. I entered the code and Quicken continued with download attempt but failed with CC-505 error. I am pretty sure that PNC has somehow made this mandatory for 3rd party apps like Quicken or Quicken has not figured out how to deal with it. I use two step authentication when I login to online banking via web. I had to set this security feature myself on the bank site. I wonder if this was disabled on the bank site, would this clear Quicken of the error for some. Just a shot in the dark.
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    schleiff: I believe your successful PNC connection probably occurred after 10:00 PM EST.

Per my recent conversation with PNC tech support the connection will only work between 10 pm and 4 am EST.

Even during those magic hours some steps in your instructions seem to be wrong. For instance, I believe your first step should have said:
    Go into tools > account list > CHOOSE YOUR PNC ACCOUNT > EDIT > online services > deactivate
    and your instructions "go to upate" are a confusing typographical error.

Perhaps you meant "Go to One Step Update" but that doesn't seem to make sense.
This discussion has been closed.