PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

Answers

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Anyone use Capital One? This week long outage has me ready to move. Absolutely ridiculous
  • Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Good news and Bad news. Last night (Aug 13) after 10PM EST I was able to download into quicken from PNC. Bad news is that it is randomly missing transactions. Anyone else see that?
  • SammyT
    SammyT Member
    Good Morning....East Coast here...7:00 AM...was able to reconnect through PNC Virtual Wallet today and all accounts updated. Hopefully this will last.
  • lstavsky613
    lstavsky613 Member ✭✭
    I finally got PNC to work but had to deactivate and reactivate all accounts. Weird balances came through had to enter several adjustments. Did anyone else have this issue with reactivating PNC?
  • SandsK
    SandsK Member ✭✭
    I was also able to update this morning at 7:10 am BUT Quicken downloaded new separate accounts for each of my PNC accounts instead of downloading the new transactions into my already existing Quicken accounts. Now I have two separate accounts in Quicken for each of my PNC accounts instead of one up to date account! Even worse the new accounts have no historical data - they begin with transactions dated 6/12 or later. Has this happened to anyone else? Very frustrating because I will now have to manually update my original accounts or keep two separate accounts? Will have to think through how to proceed. If this happened to you and you were able to somehow seamlessly and painlessly correct it, please share your fix. Thank you!
  • SandsK
    SandsK Member ✭✭
    > @lstavsky613 said:
    > I finally got PNC to work but had to deactivate and reactivate all accounts. Weird balances came through had to enter several adjustments. Did anyone else have this issue with reactivating PNC?
  • SandsK
    SandsK Member ✭✭
    > @SandsK said:
    > > @lstavsky613 said:
    > > I finally got PNC to work but had to deactivate and reactivate all accounts. Weird balances came through had to enter several adjustments. Did anyone else have this issue with reactivating PNC?
    >
    >

Thanks. I had a similar problem (see my post from 7:17am) and i'm trying to avoid doing manual adjustments until i can see if anyone else had a fix
  • lstavsky613
    lstavsky613 Member ✭✭
    @SandsK you need to deactivate all of your pnc accounts in quicken and then reactivate one of them and link the right accounts to get rid of the duplicate accounts
  • Chris14
    Chris14 Member ✭✭
    Just successfully completed a web express connect with PNC 7:30 AM EDT. Hopefully this is permanently fixed.
  • SandsK
    SandsK Member ✭✭
    > @lstavsky613 said:
    > @SandsK you need to deactivate all of your pnc accounts in quicken and then reactivate one of them and link the right accounts to get rid of the duplicate accounts

Thanks that seemed to work. Two points: For other Mac users, there is no "reactivate" button. The option in Mac is to "disconnect" account. After doing this, I then had to delete the duplicate accounts. Thanks again - very helpful!
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    All my PNC accounts on Quicken seemed to have updated normally this morning (8/14) at 7:10 am East Coast.

I think it would be in Quicken's best interest that they would provide its users with some sort of explanation as to why this happened and what had to be done to fix it.

No need to say who, but last year ago a "biggy" was down for a little more than 24 hours. They promptly gave everyone a $5 credit on their next bill. 
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    At 8:23 AM EST on 8/14, all my PNC accounts with web connect worked fine. However, I updated at 10:15 last evening so there were no additional transitions to add. No 505 error. Not sure what to make of it. Is it Fixed?
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I spoke too soon.
    Now every time I logon into any of my PNC accounts, I have to get a code from PNC and PNC sends me an "Alert" email that someone is trying to access my account. (That would be me on my only device, not a new device.
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    As of Sunday 8/14 8:30 am EST PNC seems to connect properly.

But Several people are reporting balancing errors and missing transactions which is VERY VERY BAD.

So I suggest everybody wait until Tuesday next week. This will give Quicken and PNC some time to get their act together.

But, if you simply can't wait, and absolutely MUST update ASAP then immediately BACKUP YOUR FILE TWICE.

1) Use Quicken > Edit > Preferences > Backup > turn on "Manual Backup Reminder every 1 time"
    2a) close quicken which will open the "Quicken Backup" dialog
    2b) Quicken Backup > Backup > turn on :"Add Time to Name" > Save Backup > OK
    3) use Windows Explorer to rename your backup file
    NORMAL NAME C:\Users\JoeDoe\Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\JoesStuff-2022-08-14.AM08.20.QDF-backup
    NEW NAME IS C:\Users\JoeDoe\Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\JoesStuff(VERY SOON AFTER PNC MESS)-2022-08-14.AM08.20.QDF-backup
    4) Open quicken and close it and "Add Time to Name". This will give you a second backup with the "Normal" name.

Everyone should be sure to backup their qdf file before making any updates.
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    9:30 AM EST Sunday 8/14 PNC Virtual Wallet still causes several errors. Last one is

Oops, we are having a problem

What you should know
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken sewers at this time. Do not contact PNC - Virtual Wallet for assistance. They cannot fix this problem.
    Please try again in a few hours. Thankyou foryour patience!
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    9:30 AM EST Sunday 8/14 PNC Virtual Wallet still causes several errors. Last one is

Oops, we are having a problem

What you should know
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken sewers at this time. Do not contact PNC - Virtual Wallet for assistance. They cannot fix this problem.
    Please try again in a few hours. Thankyou foryour patience!
    I could set up a new PNC cards online account this morning with my PNC log in but it would not let me link to an existing PNC account.  And the balances were way off with the new account. I tried to set up through the existing account and it was the oops warning again.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Sunday morning no CC-505 error with express web connection.
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    Sunday no errors on PNC web connect
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Express Web Connect is now working with my PNC VISA. First time in a week. I just went to Account Details | Online Services | Reset Account. It does prompt to send you a one-time passcode.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    Mine still doesn't work with the "oops we're having a problem". I'm still set up for Direct Connect but cant' seem to figure out how to go back to select web connect.
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    > @carlosclarkmd said:
    > Mine still doesn't work with the "oops we're having a problem". I'm still set up for Direct Connect but cant' seem to figure out how to go back to select web connect.

remove all connection type, delete the account # and bank name and then set it up again and choose web connect.
  • carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    > @jasonpbyu said:
    > > @carlosclarkmd said:
    > > Mine still doesn't work with the "oops we're having a problem". I'm still set up for Direct Connect but cant' seem to figure out how to go back to select web connect.
    >
    > remove all connection type, delete the account # and bank name and then set it up again and choose web connect.

Tried setting up as a new account and choosing PNC with web connect and still didn't work.. Frustrating..
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @jasonpbyu said:
    > > @carlosclarkmd said:
    > > Mine still doesn't work with the "oops we're having a problem". I'm still set up for Direct Connect but cant' seem to figure out how to go back to select web connect.
    >
    > remove all connection type, delete the account # and bank name and then set it up again and choose web connect.

Tried setting up as a new account and choosing PNC with web connect and still didn't work.. Frustrating..
    Why would you want to leave DC?  It is a far superior and more reliable connection method.  From the time this issue started through the present DC has been working very well for most people.  I'm not criticizing you...just curious about what the rationale might be.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    > @carlosclarkmd said:
    > > @jasonpbyu said:
    > > > @carlosclarkmd said:
    > > > Mine still doesn't work with the "oops we're having a problem". I'm still set up for Direct Connect but cant' seem to figure out how to go back to select web connect.
    > >
    > > remove all connection type, delete the account # and bank name and then set it up again and choose web connect.
    >
    > Tried setting up as a new account and choosing PNC with web connect and still didn't work.. Frustrating..

Virtual Wallet connection seems to have worked.. Hope this is a solid solution.. Thank you for your help.
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Joe12 said:
    Good news and Bad news. Last night (Aug 13) after 10PM EST I was able to download into quicken from PNC. Bad news is that it is randomly missing transactions. Anyone else see that?
    Yes.  Many transactions do not show up in the download.
  • carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    > @chriskay said:
    > Yes.  Many transactions do not show up in the download.

All of mine seemed to be there when I re connected with the virtual wallet type of connection. I would suggest doing a back up before deleting your account and re connecting.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    DC has always worked on my PNC checking and savings accounts. Only Web Connect is available for PNC VISA. It is now working after a week.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Early on in this saga, Quicken told me to not edit connections and leave alone until resolved. Specifically no deactivation and reactivation maneuvers should be attempted. Probably the source of the incorrect register data some are experiencing. As far as my experience with this, the only thing affected was credit accounts which use EWC. My DC never had a hitch. I have never used virtual wallet connection.
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Early on in this saga, Quicken told me to not edit connections and leave alone until resolved. Specifically no deactivation and reactivation maneuvers should be attempted. Probably the source of the incorrect register data some are experiencing. As far as my experience with this, the only thing affected was credit accounts which use EWC. My DC never had a hitch. I have never used virtual wallet connection.
    My business checking account doesn't work with EWC, so there's that. If Quicken knows enough to tell people not to deactivate etc they should be putting out messages directly to the users via the program subscription. Not by community Tom Toms.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    > @chriskay said:
    > My business checking account doesn't work with EWC, so there's that. If Quicken knows enough to tell people not to deactivate etc they should be putting out messages directly to the users via the program subscription. Not by community Tom Toms.

Agreed! Good advice these days is hit and miss. Quicken did state to me to watch the community or call them. Apparently this is their only preferred methods of communication. As for PNC, prior to the BBVA merger, my local bank branch manager told me to expect some growing pains with Quicken. She stated that PNC was not as technologically advanced. Basically old school. PNC's online banking and mobile app is no match for what we used to enjoy with BBVA, IMHO>
This discussion has been closed.