• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is upsetting it has lasted this long. Worked fine last week.
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok so riddle me this... I did a manual download of transactions earlier this week, and now when I tell quicken to 'update account' it pops up the PNC website on my browser. It shows last download date is not available when i look at the accounts as well. How do I get it back to downloading them once fixed?
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Web Connect accounts just started working again.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jrbuch said:
    > My Web Connect accounts just started working again.

Mine too. Needed to add a passcode when re-adding my PNC accounts in Quicken - PNC sent me the code via text separately. My balances are off in Quicken however after the update so will need to review carefully to spot the discrepancies - probably will start by looking at the opening balances my past experience anyway with download issues. My PNC accounts have well over 10 years of history in Quicken so hopefully I'll find the culprit(s) fast.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mine seem to start working. However, not all accounts seem to be working as I still get the same error code
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @rdclawn said:
    > Mine seem to start working. However, not all accounts seem to be working as I still get the same error code

I confirm mine is not working this morning although it did last night around 11PM EST.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    > @meckert said:
    > It happens that I contacted [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] on this same issue. Their response below has some relevance:
    > "We recently received communication from PNC bank that they are experiencing some stability issues with their production environment. In an effort to resolve this issue, PNC bank has temporarily disabled access for 3rd party aggregators. The good news is that PNC expects to restore access by tomorrow, so your account should start updating normally very soon."

Thanks for sharing some potentially good news, However, "tomorrow" has come and gone and it is still not working for me.
  • StanLS
    StanLS Member
    Options
    Just talked to the PNC Quicken team and they are aware of the problem but do not have a projected resolution date.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not working here either.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The CC-305 error has cleared. Now, I cannot set up my accounts on line. I received an error message: Sorry, we encountered an error. It's not your fault. Can you please provide steps to correct? Can you please provide a timeline to receive an update to correct this situation. This is very frustrating. I have been unable to reconcile my account between PNC and Quicken in 6 days. [Removed - Off Topic]
  • donniccolo
    donniccolo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Samesies!
  • dodgerron1
    dodgerron1 Member
    Options
    Agree totally with Tiffany
  • afrnka
    afrnka Member
    Options
    PNC & QUICKENS: you need to offer an update &/or fix this ASAP!! No excuse for this...we pay money for a service that you are currently not doing!
  • Tina S
    Tina S Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @JackBObie said:
    > CC-505 error when trying to download transactions from PNC Bank

> @EKNAPP said:
    > I'm just frustrated that it appears this issue has been ongoing now since as early as 8/3 yet it is just now being addressed. Even on Sunday when I contacted Quicken support I was told there was no known issue and I had to wait until Monday to speak with the escalation department to find out more. Today, now I see all of this activity and posts from Quicken saying they are aware of it. Seems to me that they should have been aware of it a while ago. Oh well - looks like we will be waiting for a bit to see what they figure out. :(

I called Quicken yesterday and they are working on the problem. I also called PNC bank this morning and they are aware of the problem. I suppose we all have to wait for it be resolved.
  • Tina S
    Tina S Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called Quicken yesterday and they are aware of the problem. They are working on it. I also called PNC Bank this morning and they also are aware of the problem and working to resolve it. I suppose we all have to wait.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    My accounts started working again last night but this morning, it's back to errors.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Sorry, but this is not some unknown science. I don't understand how it takes more than a week to figure this out. It was working, something changed and now it is not working.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This morning my EWC is bringing in my transactions, however the CC-505 error still remains. Calling Quicken to see if there is a way to clear the error.
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken stated when resolved, and only after CC-505 issue is resolved, I should deactivate then reactivate the affected accounts. Quicken stated to watch this community feed or call them next business day to find out when to do this.
  • dcspa
    dcspa Member ✭✭
    Options
    What is the ETA?
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > I have had Virtual Wallet accounts with PNC since last Oct and initially set them up with EWC.  But I had so many reliability issues with EWC that I changed the connection method to DC which has been very reliable for me.PNC does not have a monthly DC fee for personal accounts.  For business accounts I think the monthly DC fee is $2.00 or $2.50.
    > One cannot simply switch from WC or EWC to
    > DC nor set up the account(s) via Add Account or Set Up Now without
    > taking the following steps:* DC with PNC requires a different UserID (PNC calls it CustomerID) and PIN.
    >
    > * You must contact PNC and they will select and mail you a unique PIN to be used. 
    >
    > * They
    > will also advise if you are to use your SS number for the UserID or if
    > they will provide you a unique UserID that will also be mailed to
    > you (separately from the PIN). 
    >
    > * After you get the mailing(s), then you are able to proceed with setting up DC.
    > * Be sure to back up the data file before proceeding further.
    >
    > * Deactivate the EWC or WC connections for each PNC bank account.
    > * Remove the Financial Institution information from the General tab of Account Details...everything above the Contact Name field...for each PNC bank account.
    >
    > * From Add Account or Set Up Now:  Be sure to select the PNC Bank - Direct Connect set up link.  No other link will work with DC.
    >
    > * Be sure to also select Advanced Options and then select Direct Connect before proceeding with Next.  Then follow the prompts.
    > * If prompted, be sure to Link the download(s) to the accounts already in Quicken.
    > * If duplicates are entered into the account register(s), they will need to be manually deleted.
    >
    >
    > If these steps are followed, the result should be a successful DC connection.

So I setup a Direct Connect and it worked, but wont let me run a new download. It gives me OL-332-A. I try my social and pin as the online ID and it says password incorrect. I try the social and my PNC password and it says incorrect. I try my PNC website username and PW and it says incorrect. So annoying.
  • SammyT
    SammyT Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic/Mac/Rant]
  • ggerety
    ggerety Member
    Options
    Still getting error code CC505 when trying to update my PNC accounts, fourth day in a row.
  • RobRupp
    RobRupp Member
    Options
    Same issue here. CC-800 error now. Been going on since Aug 5 for sure.
  • jbfurbby
    jbfurbby Member
    Options
    Haven't downloaded a new transaction since 08/01.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jasonpbyu said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > I have had Virtual Wallet accounts with PNC since last Oct and initially set them up with EWC.  But I had so many reliability issues with EWC that I changed the connection method to DC which has been very reliable for me.PNC does not have a monthly DC fee for personal accounts.  For business accounts I think the monthly DC fee is $2.00 or $2.50.
    > One cannot simply switch from WC or EWC to
    > DC nor set up the account(s) via Add Account or Set Up Now without
    > taking the following steps:* DC with PNC requires a different UserID (PNC calls it CustomerID) and PIN.
    >
    > * You must contact PNC and they will select and mail you a unique PIN to be used. 
    >
    > * They
    > will also advise if you are to use your SS number for the UserID or if
    > they will provide you a unique UserID that will also be mailed to
    > you (separately from the PIN). 
    >
    > * After you get the mailing(s), then you are able to proceed with setting up DC.
    > * Be sure to back up the data file before proceeding further.
    >
    > * Deactivate the EWC or WC connections for each PNC bank account.
    > * Remove the Financial Institution information from the General tab of Account Details...everything above the Contact Name field...for each PNC bank account.
    >
    > * From Add Account or Set Up Now:  Be sure to select the PNC Bank - Direct Connect set up link.  No other link will work with DC.
    >
    > * Be sure to also select Advanced Options and then select Direct Connect before proceeding with Next.  Then follow the prompts.
    > * If prompted, be sure to Link the download(s) to the accounts already in Quicken.
    > * If duplicates are entered into the account register(s), they will need to be manually deleted.
    >
    >
    > If these steps are followed, the result should be a successful DC connection.

So I setup a Direct Connect and it worked, but wont let me run a new download. It gives me OL-332-A. I try my social and pin as the online ID and it says password incorrect. I try the social and my PNC password and it says incorrect. I try my PNC website username and PW and it says incorrect. So annoying.
    If you have not already done so, you might want to review the following Support Article:  Message When Using Online Services: OL-332 or OL-330 [Support Article].
    I have not had this issue with PNC.  Just to confirm, do not try using your EWC or online account access CustomerID and/or PW because they will not work with DC.  With DC you must use the the CustomerID that PNC told you to use....either your SSN or, if they mailed you a unique CustomerID, use that. 
    Also, only use the unique PIN that PNC provided you.  If you start alternating between CustomerIDs and/or PINs you will get the OL-332-A error message and it will not take too many failed attempts and you will be locked out of PNC until the next day.
    Since it sounds like PNC told you to use your SSN for the CustomerID:  If you are entering it with the dash numbers you might want to try entering it with no dash numbers.  If you are entering it with no dash numbers you might want to try entering it with the dash numbers.
    One thing I have observed when I get an OL-332-A error is that sometimes it occurs during OSU and that then immediately trying Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now) will resolve the issue.  If it does not, then sometimes Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account) will resolve this issue.
    If none of these steps work, then you will likely need to call PNC to get their assistance to resolve the issue.  They might need to reset a setting on their end.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• tanna bond
    tanna bond Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm very frustrated that they know about the problem and don't have it fixed yet. They apologized but that doesn't help me and it isn't just PNC Bank.
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • RVF
    RVF Member
    Options
    Can we at least get someone from either Quicken and/or PNC to weigh in on this and give us an update???
This discussion has been closed.