PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

Answers

• ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    The amount of time this is taking to fix is inexcusable. I work in the software industry [Removed - Inaccurate/Speculation]
  • leomoore
    leomoore Member ✭✭
    I still cannot log on via Chrome or Firefox although Edge and the mobile app continue to work. I still cannot connect from Quicken. If it is not resolved within the next week, I shall be forced to start using my old bank even though its app is not good but at least I can still connect to it from Quicken.
  • SBG007
    SBG007 Member
    READ THIS PLEASE! So, I’ve had this frustrating problem with downloading my PNC accounts into Quicken! Just like all of you! Feels like it’s been about a week plus and all I get after each d/l attempt is the CC-505 error. Every day I check it, sometimes 2 to 3 times a day and it’s the same thing, CC-505! BUT, I am somewhat encouraged as early this evening I tried to see if just possibly, it might be working. I wasn’t expecting it to and I did get the same error, CC-505 … but my PNC transactions were actually updated as new transactions which I was hopefully waiting to get one day. I got them today! I’m encouraged to think that even though the CC-505 error still pops up, the transactions came through. I hold my breath to see if it uploads new transactions tomorrow. At this point, I’m happy if I get new transactions coming in even with the CC-505 error code. Just wanted to give you all some encouraging news. Could this be the slow start to a permanent fix???
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    My PNC web connect is up and running again. I just relogged into my PNC account on Quicken. Then everything worked as it should.
  • Dieter
    Dieter Member
    Same issue with me. I have 6 PNC accounts that I update these accounts into Quicken and this time (yes, has happened many other times) it has been about 5 days since it last updated. I get error CC-505 every time it happens. I can go online after this error directly with PNC on the same computer and have NO problems getting in. Why does this keep happening??
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    Not mine, still same error and santander is not working either
  • Jfletch58
    Jfletch58 Member ✭✭
    not working for me. They Quicken guy has stopped updating us, sucks to be us
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Jfletch58 said:
    not working for me. They Quicken guy has stopped updating us, sucks to be us
    I just tried also and it still wasn't working for me.
  • kangod
    kangod Member ✭✭
    The issue is still happening for me. I tried to download,but got the same error. I also tried to reactivate, but it won't and says there's an error.
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Well it must be a santander issue too. Santander is not updates using the one step update either. So while PNC may have issues, so does quicken, [Removed - Rant]
  • Michael Bantner
    Michael Bantner Member
    edited August 2022
    PNC has a new enrollment requirement for Quicken. I enrolled, will get letter with Quicken Pin in 7 days. Log into PNC, go to customer service tab, click on Quicken Enrollment near bottom. You can enroll in downloads/transfers or downloads/billpay/transfers via quicken. Hoping this works. I am not happy with Quicken. if this doesn't work i am getting my money back
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    I called PNC yesterday, 8/10/2022 -  They simply said this was a known issue with no eta for resolution.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    > @Andy_G said:
    > How will we be notified when it is fixed or just keep trying to connect to PNC via One Step Update?

I guess we just keep checking.> @JoshD said:
    > This has been going on for several days.

It has been more than a week for me.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    > @lstavsky613 said:
    > Happening to me for several days. Still get the cc-505 error today. Is there a master ticket?

Yes... check earlier in the thread. The link says they are working it now (they should have started earlier with all these complaints). There is no ETA, that too is disappointing
  • BrentLB
    BrentLB Member
    i am having the same issue? any news on why?
  • BarbaraRich
    BarbaraRich Member ✭✭
    I just tried to update my account, and it worked at 10:20 am. Hopefully, it will continue working.
  • RexTurbo
    RexTurbo Member
    Same issue, no resolution yet
  • coolbranch
    coolbranch Member ✭✭✭
    The problem must be worse with virtual wallet connection. When PNC merged, I setup Quicken with two types of connection. I am using direct connect with checking and money market and express web connect with credit card. I am getting my transactions coming through for the EWC and credit card but the popup still showing CC-505 error.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    When PNC implemented 2-factor authentication months ago is when things started going bad. Everyone I talked to at PNC didn't care if there was a problem. When first implemented, I had to go through 2FA every time I logged on even though I was on the same PC. They claim if I was on the same PC, I only had to do 2FA the first time I logged on. But as it was, if I logged on 10 times in one day I had to go through 2FA every time. And the way they had 2FA setup was a long and awful process. They told me there wasn't anything they could do.
    Well, several months later it is working correctly (ie. One time, the first time on the same PC). But now they must have done something else to screw things up. As usual, no one will take responsibility. 
  • rcport
    rcport Member
    I have had the same issue for over 3 days now.
  • I have had the same issue, only with PNC, so it appears the problem lies with the bank. The 505 errors have been going on for more than one week, and even unlinking and relinking the accounts does not work. I will re-contact the PNC bank again, hopefully to better result. Ultimately, I would change banks, but that is a big last step that I hope to not have to take. Tom
  • marksg1
    marksg1 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same problem for me. Come on Quicken, let's get this fixed ASAP.
  • > @"Michael Bantner" said:
    > PNC has a new enrollment requirement for Quicken. I enrolled, will get letter with Quicken Pin in 7 days. Log into PNC, go to customer service tab, click on Quicken Enrollment near bottom. You can enroll in downloads/transfers or downloads/billpay/transfers via quicken. Hoping this works. I am not happy with Quicken. if this doesn't work i am getting my money back

I did this and it told me I was already enrolled. I have no access either.
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    PNC is my main local bank. EWC has not worked for several days.  I can manually export and import, but this is not very sophisticated. Does anyone know if DC is going away, since the recent push for EWC?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    MrZipp said:
    PNC is my main local bank. EWC has not worked for several days.  I can manually export and import, but this is not very sophisticated. Does anyone know if DC is going away, since the recent push for EWC?
    The push is for EWC+, not for EWC.  And it is my understanding that the push for it is being made by the Financial Institutions because it will cost them less than DC (FIs need to pay for the right to use DC but not for EWC+/EWC) and it uses high security tokens which EWC does not use. 
    So far there have been announcements about only 3 FIs are transitioning to it:  Schwab and Paypal (both have already cut it in) and now Chase.  I've been told that there will be others following suit but there has been nothing communicated about which FIs and when they will transition.  Also, nothing has been communicated saying whether or not all FIs with DC will be transitioning.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm direct connect works with PNC credit cards? My PNC direct connect is only pulling down my accounts in wallet (checking, savings) not any transactions that I have in my credit card accounts.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Direct Connect has never worked with PNC credit cards.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    > @jimshu1 said:
    > Direct Connect has never worked with PNC credit cards.

Interesting that a pop-up in Quicken said it did when setting up direct connect. Back to trying EWC... heh.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the PNC Quicken Enrollment listed on their website. Isn't that strange? Why wouldn't PNC notify people ahead of time about this change? I'm all for security, but this is going overboard. Did anyone try it yet? Seems like you would have to have a password, 2FA, and a code. Three things to get into my account. 
  • Jerry Reilly
    Jerry Reilly Member ✭✭
    again after taking an update to Quicken for Windows I get CC-505 error when downloading from PNC, now for a week. Wouldn't mind so much but this seems to happen with PNC and Quicken multiple times during the year. What's up and when can we expect a fix..
This discussion has been closed.