Why is Quicken asking for my password every time I start it?

Options

This just started a day or two ago (around June 12, 2023)

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• MajorEvent
    MajorEvent Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Since the last update, I'm having to login three times to use Quicken. First, I have to login to my data file, next I have to login to the password vault and, after the last update, I now have to also login to Quicken EVERY TIME. It's ridiculous. Why isn't the Quicken login stored in the password vault like all the other logins? Two logins was bad enough but three is now ridiculous.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I too am experiencing this behaviour on Quicken Windows (the most recent version).

It started about a week ago, I'm not 100% sure but it might date from the recent product update.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BarbS & @Dave Ings,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I've been getting this issue as well. When I start Quicken Premier it prompts me to enter my Quicken ID. I did try logging out completely and that worked for about a couple more restarts but now it's back again asking for my Quicken ID login. Very annoying.

---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • tulsaoufan
    tulsaoufan Member ✭✭
    Options

The last few days Quicken keeps asking me to login to my Quicken account every time I start up Quicken. It's never done this before. What's going on? How do I fix this?

• Growe
    Growe Member
    Options

I am having the same issue.

• PhanTOM
    PhanTOM Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Quicken requires a login at every run on a Windoze PC. This never used to happen. How do I fix it?

• PhanTOM
    PhanTOM Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto.

• 932Scooter419
    932Scooter419 Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately this fix has the collateral "benefit" of many old transactions being downloaded and somehow identified as new, necessitating many manual deletions.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Gringgo
    Gringgo Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also being prompted for my ID/Password. I followed @Quicken Jasmine's advice to "Report a Problem", but was unable to send one. Nice work, Quicken.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The suggested fix (logout then login) did not work for me either.

I'll submit a problem report the next time it happens.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gringgo,

Thank you for attempting to submit your information logs.

Could you please explain what is occurring when attempting to submit them so that I may further assist you?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It just happened to me again. This time I was prompted for a password after a Windows 11 restart.

I have submitted a problem report.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Can you please clarify if you recently changed any security/profile settings recently in your computer or in Quicken? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did not.

• jt-pdx
    jt-pdx Member
    Options

Same problem for me. I tried the workaround of logging out/in to quicken.com from the application on windows 10, and the problem persists.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did not change any profile settings.

• MajorEvent
    MajorEvent Member ✭✭
    Options

My only recent change was to update the program. The Quicken login request occurs at least once a day but may or may not occur more frequently (today it's asking both times I opened the app).

Three logins is extremely user unfriendly. Please, explain why the Quicken login can't be bundled into the password vault which being good enough to hold my bank information should be secure for my Quicken login too. Then you can have a login everytime and it generally won't impact my use of the program.

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Thank you all! I am working on creating a ticket for this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

• Quicken Janean
    Options

We have made this issue aware to the appropriate team to be looked into. Thank you for your continued patience. We do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved but we will let you know of any updates. (CTP-7130).

Quicken Janean

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up and feedback @Quicken Janean … much appreciated.

• Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Also having this issue. No settings changed, just the updates.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Janean

FWIW another data point: I recently noticed that my Quicken Cloud data had stopped syncing about the time this login problem appeared (which in turn appeared about the time of the last Quicken program update).

So I reset my Quicken Cloud data. Not only did syncing begin again, but I've not had the spurious login request since … it's been about 3 days now since I did the reset.

Of course it's possible the reset has nothing to do with the login issue … but I thought I'd pass this observation along in case it helps the Quicken team.

• Kiwon
    Kiwon Member
    Options

Same as above user. "Also having this issue. No settings changed, just the updates."

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm still getting the login request when starting up Quicken Deluxe but not every time. I launch Quicken everyday but only get the login request 2 to 3 times in a week. I don't see any correlations to why it might happen, and I have Mobile & Web Sync turned off.

Version: R50.16, Build: 27.1.50.16

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Hi all, I just checked the ticket and I do not have an update at this time. It is being looked into. I will let you know when more details are shared. Thanks for your continued patience.

Quicken Janean

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

No settings changed previously, is still happening with this morning's (7-6-2023) update to R50.16.

• BarbS
    BarbS Member ✭✭
    Options

What HarphHauler said!