Kohl's Credit Card, Update Failure CC-505

Options

Been getting CC-505 on the Kohl's retail charge card for the last couple of weeks or so.

This is *DIFFERENT* than the "CC-502/FDP-102" error announced via post:

I've repeatedly logged into the Kohl's credit card site to confirm credentials are still valid & their website is still functional.

This appears to be an issue specifically w/ Quicken & not the Kohl's charge card portal.

Please provide updates & fix!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GreatDrivr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this article on the CC-505 error.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@GreatDrivr - I had received CC-502 for 2 days. Then the last 2 days I have been getting CC-505.

I believe the CC-502 error and the CC-505 error are related. CC-502 is an error code saying that the financial institutions web site is not available due to maintenance/repair for some reason. When a maintenance/repair cannot be completed as planned, sometimes the server(s) are taken down and the CC-505 is an error code stating that the server is down. It seems that there is some significant server issue that the financial institution is experiencing.

BTW, Quicken connects to financial institutions in a very different way that we do (i.e., different ports, different URLs, even different servers). It is not uncommon when there are connection issues with Quicken that we can log into the financial institution's website but Quicken cannot connect with their server.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Based on a visit to the newish Kohls Credit Card website, more likely a website change that Quicken/Intuit has not yet adapted to.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I had no idea that they've changed up their website. Kohl's never notified me of that. It is not uncommon for there to be connection issues for a while when financial institutions change up their website.

• tklybarger
    tklybarger Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having this problem for several days. Followed the article and no change. And I agree, it appears there has been some change to Kohls website, but I have no issues logging in on their site.

• Joseph Simanek
    Joseph Simanek Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having all of the same issues noted here. I disconnected online services and tried to add the services back and noticed a possible issue that may be causing this problem. When I try to add online services for the Kohl's Credit Card, it shows the internet link as "www.kohls.com". When I access my credit card through the Kohl's site, it uses the internet link "credit.kohls.com" and not www.kohls.com.

I think Quicken needs to confirm that their add feature for the Kohl's credit card is using the correct link to access Kohl's credit card transactions. It would be nice to get a response from Quicken on this issue.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023
    Options

That financial institution (FI) URL that we see in Quicken is for user reference only. It allows us to click on the link in the Account Details (and a few other areas) so that we are taken to the main FI website page where we can maneuver from to log in.

Quicken connects differently to the FIs than we do. The FIDIR list is a file that identifies all the FIs that support Quicken along with the connection methods and account types that they support for downloads. It also shows a couple of URLs….one that we see in Quicken and that we can click on inside Quicken to take us to the main FI website page and another that would take us to the logon website page. Which one Quicken uses cannot be determined from this listing. It might be one of the URLs listed in the FIDIR list or, IMHO, more likely it is a different URL that we will never see due to security reasons.

Here is FIDIR listing for Kohl's. You will note that it does include the URL that you refer to:

25122 25122 25122 Kohls Credit Card https://www.kohls.com/ 1-800-564-5740 https://credit.kohls.com/ecs/auth/?cid=AAAA4151001 ACTIVE CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332)

Quicken Kristina

• SPSchnoor
    SPSchnoor Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue started for me last week. Lost track of it over the weekend and still occurred this morning. I tried the reset option first with no luck and then tried the nuclear approach by disabling the integration for online services. Now I'm stuck I cannot reestablish an integration and am getting an error saying "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) It looks like it is not recognizing my account username & password. This clearly is not an isolated issue. Please escalate the review of the root cause. Thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023
    Options

Per Kohl's website (highlight and red arrow were added by me):

Quicken knows about this issue (as noted by the Moderator above and in the Alert that has been posted). And Kohl's knows about it. What more is there to escalate? Nothing….just need to wait it out while the cause is investigated and the fix is implemented.

• lzvn5801
    lzvn5801 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have also been getting the CC-505 error on my Kohl's accounts for the last week. Waiting for a fix from Quicken.

• cyuris
    cyuris Member
    Options

Quicken won't successfully connect to Kohls to import transactions…

URL Kohls uses is https://credit.kohls.com

I found a Quicken update here (but why doesn't this thread get updated with this info by Quicken)?

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭
    Options

add me to the list with this issue

• GIJohn
    GIJohn Member
    Options

Add me to the list as well. Thank you.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

The standard practice for providing updates for issues for which Alerts have been posted is to provide those updates in the Alerts. If you want to be kept informed of these updates, as mentioned in the Alert, you need to bookmark the Alert so you get notifications of developments.

User threads (like this one) are valuable because they often provide more insight into the issue and potential causes, workarounds and fixes. But these user threads are not generally updated by the Moderators once the Alert has been created and communicated.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here for the last several days.

• wrouffa
    wrouffa Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue! Why is there no update?????

Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try
  • PhilK
    PhilK Member ✭✭
    Options

Adding myself to this thread to track the issue for possible resolution cc-505 error to Kohl's Credit.

• SPSchnoor
    SPSchnoor Member ✭✭
    Options

Can Quicken please provide a status on the resolution of this issue?

• LisainIL
    LisainIL Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue:

We were unable to connect to Kohls Credit Card. This is usually a temporary issue. Please try again later. (FDP-105)

Associated Accounts: Kohls
    Channel: FDP-DEFAULT
    Days in error: 7
    Details: URL. FI Blocking
    Error Code: FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE (FDP-105)
    Error last seen: 2023-08-04 14:20:14 +0000
    Type: QCS FI Login
    WCC Code: CC-505

• memalone
    memalone Member
    Options

Glad to find this post. I thought it was something on my end.

• rick19
    rick19 Member ✭✭
    Options

So add me to the list. Not a first time for Kohl's, unfortunately. Before finding this post, I attempted to do a reset. Major mistake. It gave me the dreaded "Oops…. " message, and blew away all my connectivity info.

So now when I try to update online services for the account, it shows that it's not set up for online downloads, and when I go to set it up again, after putting in the userid and password, it comes back and says something like "Quicken encountered an error. It's not your fault."

Mildly amusing.. 😊

• John Dahlgren
    John Dahlgren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Download has been broken since at least 7/27…for me, anyway.

• DorothyS
    DorothyS Member
    Options

I'm having the same issues as every one else. Tried to reset "Its not your fault" response.

• blarson7
    blarson7 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've also been having this issue for over a week now. I am seeing error CC800 though. I called Kohls, and they were absolutely no help. One thing I have noticed on the new Kohls site, is that every time I log in, it pops up a message wanting me to update my income information, but it says this is optional. I have closed this message many times, and every time I log in it's back again. I'm wondering if this popup has anything to do with the Quicken connection issue.

• rcb007
    rcb007 Member
    Options

Adding myself to this thread to track the issue for possible resolution cc-505 error to Kohl's Credit.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @blarson7,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Usually, when a credit card account is requesting you update your income information, it is because they use that information when evaluating your credit limit. That should have nothing to do with Quicken. I'd suggest reaching out to Kohls for more information about that optional prompt.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried to reset the account and disconnected and reconnected to no avail. It’s over a week.

• Eionni
    Eionni Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Kohls's website is changing to a new URL name so Quicken has not updated on their side since June 2023

URL. FI Blocking

FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE (FDP-105)

Thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

We do not see how Quicken connects to financial institutions. We know it is different from how we log into them. The websites listed for financial institutions in Quicken are for our reference only and should not be construed as being as what Quicken uses.

What we also know is that this is a Kohl's issue, not a Quicken issue. We know that Kohl's has blocked Quicken from accessing their system and the only time financial institutions do that is when they are having software and/or hardware issues that they are trying to resolve. In addition, there have been posts made by users that Kohl's has acknowledged to them that this is a Kohl's issue they are working on and Quicken, as well, has also stated this.

This discussion has been closed.