Citibank Reauthorization failure- Webpage "Citibank Consent" is blank

Options

Answers

• parallox
    parallox Member
    Options

I am also having the same problem. If this many users are being impacted, why haven't the changes been backed out?

• gebarnett
    gebarnett Member
    Options

i have the same problem. I use Chrome & firefox

• KEH
    KEH Member
    Options

Same problem…..following.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

same here

• Mrogo1957
    Mrogo1957 Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Citibank card account

• dc_350
    dc_350 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem with both Edge (default browser) and FireFox…

• bdschutz
    bdschutz Member
    Options

Me too, however when I test the auth.citi.com login on "is it down now" that page says it's down for everyone, and my normal login to Citi doesn't work. So, this may be a citibank issue.

• dpet
    dpet Member
    Options

I have the same issue…on 1/20/24

• gebarnett
    gebarnett Member
    Options

i have no problems logging into citibank site (stand alone) Once i cancelled thru this message, i was still able to down load citibank transactions. So I am not even sure why this is there.

• kdurigan
    kdurigan Member
    Options

I don't always test my software updates, but when I do I prefer to use production…

+1 for a horrible new experience. Using Edge, cookies/cache cleared, no joy. Quicken and Citi are equally incompetent on this issue.

• Sphera
    Sphera Member
    Options

I have the same issue

• davidmc
    davidmc Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Tried using the Classic on the Desktop and the Mobile App on my smartphone. Same result with both. What is going on that I have to keep re-authorizing accounts. I believe I have had to re-authorize every bank and credit card account I have in Quicken over the last 6 weeks. It is time consuming and a bit irritating, particularly when things do not work as expected and clean-up is required.

• Ahoffy219
    Ahoffy219 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Seems to work ok on Firefox web Browser. with security set at Standard in the Browser Privacy.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Options

Getting a lot of nothing too:

and then this:

Seems like these these things always slip out late Friday so that Quicken support isn't around to fix it.

• JNCtheDC
    JNCtheDC Member ✭✭
    Options

When I hit the "reauthorization" button, an authorization page opens explaining the next step. I hit continue and then it requires 1 more "click" on the "sign in" page.. A new tab opens but the page is blank. The process is the same for capital one credit card, but capital one takes you to a sign in page. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

• JF73
    JF73 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have three data files with several Citibank institutions (Saving, Costco, & American Airlines). These have continual failures CC-501, CC-502 for literally years.

I started the reauthorization, and I got a screen to "Use the bank-hosted sign-in form in my browser to authorize downloads." but the browser screen is blank like all the above. In Quicken, I clicked Cancel and I got a "Do you want to continue?" "No" just goes back to the first screen (an endless loop). "Yes" closes the update. If you again try to run OneStep update, you get the reauthorize screen but in the lower-right corner you can click "Remind me next time." to continue with the original OneStep update.

Of course, Quicken popped the update message over the weekend where there's no support! This is a very poor update experience.

• Kevin Strong
    Kevin Strong Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Tried most of the suggestions about reducing browser privacy protections, clearing cookies and cache, trying different browser, open in new window etc. etc. Nothing worked so far with either Edge or Firefox.

• xtexan
    xtexan Member ✭✭
    Options

me to - firefox, chrome, or edge, same difference

• hkalodimos
    hkalodimos Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem

• shermar
    shermar Member ✭✭
    Options

I got the reauthorization to work by changing my default browser to Chrome and then using the "add new account" plus mark above the account list in Quicken. This will take you to the Citi Cards login where you can authorize the accounts in question. Then Quicken will allow you to select "link to existing accounts".

• PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    Options

This worked for me this morning Quicken Classic Premier(Win) Win 10 Pro and Chrome browser.

It DID NOT work on my MacBook Pro Quicken Classic Premier(Mac) (macOS 14.2.1). The redirect page opened to blank screen in Safari and Chrome.

• dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

SUCCESS! Using Chrome, select Clear Browsing Data, use the Sign out of Google account link at bottom to sign out so you don't lose history on all synced devices, select Clear History, Cache, and Images (I chose Last 4 Weeks). The run re-authorization. Was able to successfully load the Citi sign-on page, authorize my account, and have Quicken link to correct existing account. It said it was downloading transactions from last 928 days but no old transactions downloaded. YMMV.

• Mike33322
    Mike33322 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using Edge and it fails for me too

• RJKast
    RJKast Member
    Options

YEP, exact same problem. Browser opens up - BLANK!

• Jseaz73
    Jseaz73 Member
    Options

Same … It used to be that we paid once every three years for quicken … and now we pay annually because we do not want to move ….

This is Crap … fix it!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Options

I've been getting the white Citi web page, too. It doesn't matter which browser and the other solutions that seem to work for some (changing security settings, clearing cache, etc.). IMO, the fact that some people are able to get reauthorized while others cannot and that there is inconsistency in which actions sometimes work tells me that this is likely not a browser nor individual computer settings issue so much as it is an issue with either Citi's system and/or Intuit's system and/or Quicken's system not interfacing properly with each other.

For the time being, with accounts currently set up with EWC connections, we do have the opportunity to continue downloading with that method by not clicking on Reauthorize and instead clicking on Remind me next time. Hopefully we will continue to have this option available to us until such time that this Reauthorize issue is resolved.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• deBronkart
    deBronkart Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to @psfales!

1. Change your default browser to Edge
    2. Go back to Quicken and try again. No trouble!

Note: you CANNOT just copy the URL from your failed browser - you have to change default browser, so that the URL generated by Quicken is originally read by the original browser.

p.s. Don't forget to change your default back…

• Sandro La Rosa
    Options

Same problem here. Tried different browser. Tried from within the Citibank portal. No avail.

• jhsr
    jhsr Member
    Options

Still blank today