Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.5.x Released

123457»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Hello, I am having an issue with downloaded investments. Yesterday I bought a security and today downloaded the transaction from interactive brokers. The buy shows up correctly and reduces the cash in my account but the new security does not show up in my security list and my brokerage account value is just reduced by the cash buy and not offset with the new security. I also added to an existing security and it shows the same issue. Cash reduction but newly purchased shares do not show up in the portfolio.

The newest. 5.5.3
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Hello, I am having an issue with downloaded investments. Yesterday I bought a security and today downloaded the transaction from interactive brokers. The buy shows up correctly and reduces the cash in my account but the new security does not show up in my security list and my brokerage account value is just reduced by the cash buy and not offset with the new security. I also added to an existing security and it shows the same issue. Cash reduction but newly purchased shares do not show up in the portfolio.

I believe 5.3.3 has added back placeholders, go to the beginning of the appropriate register , the placeholder is light gray, edit the placeholder to reflect the transaction , s/b good to go
  • krm11
    krm11 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

Marcus, you may want to take a look at this post:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/stock-buys-appear-in-transactions-but-not-in-por...

Usually I would attribute something like this to placeholders or user error, but perhaps not in this case.

I have the same issue - with Wells Fargo Retirement Services webconnect import.  I didn't think to try the workaround above (yet), but just noticed the issue this week after upgrading to 5.5.3.  The share balance updated amount IS in the export file sent by the FI.
    Update: I used "Report a Problem" from QM 5.5.3 to send this to Quicken.  Hopefully it will get some attention, since it has been reported by several folks in the past few days.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

There is an actual Buy transaction. There are no placeholders. The Buy reduces the cash by the appropriate amount but the security and the associated value do not show up.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

set up a buy transaction for the security, you should be able to see the security (if it downloaded) under Security..If its there just complete the transaction ..S/B ok
    Let us know how it works out
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Are you sure there are no placeholders. Please review this FAQ:

FAQ: What Are Placeholder Transactions in Quicken for Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

There are no placeholders. A buy transaction was downloaded. Definitely a bug.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

If there are no placeholder go in to the buy transaction & edit so the transaction covers all the details, security, cost, # of shrs..
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Hmm, not seeing the bug (only the change in QM's behavior on the Portfolio tab with the latest release). I had several transactions on a Vanguard account today and they all came in this evening as placeholders. No problem entering the information. QM2018 5.5.3, Mac OS 10.13.3.

I find it annoying that we have lost the blue "ADD" warning on the Portfolio page. Also, it now seems that one can ONLY add the transaction through the Placeholder instead of accessing the dialog box from either tab. Anyone else who would like the old behavior back?

BTW, when looking for the Placeholders be sure that you are on Date and can see the little arrow. Earlier this week I was thrown off because this became unchecked and the Placeholders appeared in the middle of my transactions, yet all other transactions seemed to be in date order. This may be a bug. After I clicked "Date" and the arrow appeared I could find no column I could check that wouldn't affect date order in a way that was obvious.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

I had another purchase from yesterday that I just updated. Same issue: 1. new security shows up in securities list 2. Add transaction is in transactions and reduced cash in the account. 3. BUT the security (and value) do NOT show up in the portfolio view of the account.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Can I get someone from Quicken to look into this?  I just switched from QW 2015 to QM 2018 and I was afraid I would run into investment account issues. But I did not convert my investment account. I started with a fresh download because I didn't need years of windows history.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Hi Bryan, this is a users forum. I know moderators have been looking at this thread, but for personal help you should contact support and/or you should report this to Quicken directly. Under help there is a "Contact" and a "Report a Problem".
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

RC, thanks. I will report and I am glad you are confirming this Bug.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Ok, so I submitted a problem and Harold Quicken deleted it. So I don't know if anyone at Quicken is looking into this issue or if there is a different way to get support? Seems odd to just delete a problem report without acknowledging that they have received it and are looking into it?
  • RickO
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Bryan, just a guess, but perhaps because it duplicated what was already in the thread. And the product manager (Marcus) is reading this thread, so you don't have any more direct line to the team than that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Bryan i noticed that (I actually saw your Problem post before it got deleted). What was the reason provided in the Delete Notification?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

BTW, I just saw this reply with a work-around...
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/stock-buys-appear-in-transactions-but-not-in-por...

See if this solves your problem.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

Bryan, sorry for confusion. I deleted the part of my response where I said I saw the bug. I thought I deleted it fast enough but obviously not. I realized it was user error-- I was looking for the security in the wrong account (oops!). 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Bryan said:

smayer97, that temporary work around works. I had a number of downloads so I just changed the stock, hit save, then changed it back to the original stock and hit save. Then it shows up in the portfolio list. I hope this gets fixed in the next release.  Thanks for the link!
  • John Morrow
    John Morrow Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Here is small request for improvement, the Categories window is missing a search bar. I often find myself looking for a particular category, for example to find out if there is any duplicate, and this is quite tedious without a search field.

Such a search bar exists already for Payee, Tags, Actions, Securities, but not for Categories.

• RickO
    edited July 2018
    I agree. But John, there is a "hidden" search feature. It works like this. Type a couple or a few letters of what you are looking for. Quicken will jump down to the first category containing those letters. Not the one you want? Then wait a couple seconds and type the letters again. There's a bit of an art to knowing how long to wait before typing the letters the 2nd time. But once you get used to it, it is pretty efficient.

That said, I think most people have more categories than tags or actions. So categories deserves a search field too.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Here is small request for improvement, the Categories window is missing a search bar. I often find myself looking for a particular category, for example to find out if there is any duplicate, and this is quite tedious without a search field.

Such a search bar exists already for Payee, Tags, Actions, Securities, but not for Categories.

Created a separate Idea thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Add a search bar to the categories window
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

I agree. But John, there is a "hidden" search feature. It works like this. Type a couple or a few letters of what you are looking for. Quicken will jump down to the first category containing those letters. Not the one you want? Then wait a couple seconds and type the letters again. There's a bit of an art to knowing how long to wait before typing the letters the 2nd time. But once you get used to it, it is pretty efficient.

That said, I think most people have more categories than tags or actions. So categories deserves a search field too.

Moving to appropriate thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Merging
    ~~~***~~~
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

Just a note that RickO's very useful comment became separated when the original was moved to a new thread. Here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-a-search-bar-to-the-categories-window 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

I am running the latest update for Mac.

I did a tax schedule report and noticed that on-screen long-term capital gains don't show the totals at the top of the report for the 'Proceeds' column, only for the Cost Basis and Gain/Loss columns.  I have to export as a CSV and then import into Excel or Numbers to get the Proceeds total.  

Seems odd as the Short-term totals for all columns show.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.4.x Released.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled v5.5 Merge.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging to v5.5.I am noticing a 'beach ball' cursor on Mac more with this most recent release.  If I change just about any view, I get a beachball.  Running latest Version on a MacBook Pro running latest OS with 16gb of memory.

Not sure where performance is in the priorities, but it seems like the program should not have as many lags as it appears to have on Mac, particularly having come from the Windows world last fall where the program was definitely more responsive to screen changes or other selections.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.4.x Released.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.5.4 and Other 5.5.x Releases.
This discussion has been closed.