Cash register sounds in Q Mac (5 merged Votes)

JoeCris
JoeCris Member
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
I would like to hear the sounds just like in the Windows version
Tagged:
11 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike A
    Mike A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In Qmac along with suggested option to have a confirmation dialog when changing a transaction, it would be nice to have the option in preferences to select sounds, e.g., when a transaction is entered or deleted.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
     You can add your VOTE to: First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Data Entry and Usability Options and Features. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Walter Meekins
    Walter Meekins Member ✭✭
    With a silencing (on - off) option.
  • Gabe
    Gabe Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken for Windows for many years. Recently converted to Quicken for Mac. In Quicken for Windows there was a cash register sound when you made an entry. Is there any similar sound for Mac?
  • Leslie
    Leslie Member ✭✭
    I have went to preferences and do not see anything to put on Quicken sounds. Any other suggestions?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are no sounds in Quicken Mac, except for deleting a transaction, which makes a "whoosh" sound. This is not new; it's been this way since the modern Quicken Mac program debuted in 2015, so I'm not sure what sounds you're thinking of that you want back.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie
    Leslie Member ✭✭
    No, that's the sound that is now silent. There isn't a "whoosh" sound when deleting transactions. I just deleted one this morning and still no sound.
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Having used Quicken for Windows for 19 years I really like and have come to depend on the transaction sound made when you finish entering a transaction. It looks like the only sound that Quicken for Mac makes is when you delete a transaction. That would be superb if this can be added to the Mac maybe under a "sound" preference tab. I find it really helpful.

If anyone has any workarounds for this through AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro or something similar I would love to hear about it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add cash sounds to the Mac version.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tomb8210
    Tomb8210 Member
    There needs to be a sound generated when entering a transaction on Mac. Always had one on Windows for 20 years.