Don't change Home Page when Open in New Window or Double Click Account (14 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
In previous versions, when you double clicked on an account from the Home window, the selected account opened in a new window and the Home window didn't change. Now, the Home window also displays the "selected" account. Even a right click with "Open in new window" switches the Home window. I liked the old behavior better because I usually have a report or account there that I want to continue using. The new version requires more clicks to complete a task because I have to reopen my report. The clicks add up quickly during a session.
Tagged:
6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This is my #1 annoyance in Quicken for Mac. I like the overall user interface design of QMac but then I keep stumbling over this defect. Seems like a violation of user interface guidelines.

I hope it gets fixed soon.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for User Interface Options and Features.
    You may want to go click on the underlined link to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that click on this underlined linkfollowing the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content
    Categorized List of IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still desirable.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    This is a big annoyance for me. I would love it if the main Quicken window would stay where it’s at when right-clicking an account in the sidebar and selecting “open in new window”. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I agree that the behavior is annoying. A double-click on an account should open it in a new window without changing what's in the main window.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I also want this behavior changed. At the very least, right-clicking (or control-clicking) an account and choosing to open it in a new window should not change the main window to the account you are attempting to open in its own window.