Revert the "Bill's Tab" "Stack View" to prior behavior

Frankx
Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Prior to a recent change, the "Stack View" in the "Bills & Income Tab" has historically opened to present the "next due" bill on the top of the stack (i.e. the closest unpaid bill to today's date).  It now displays the furthest out - and last bill due in the range selected of bills to display, which makes no sense, and causes the user to always have to change the view manually to review/pay upcoming bills.  The old behavior was the "correct" behavior for most users (according to many comments from community members.

This is a suggestion that the behavior of the Stack View be reverted to display the "next due" bill on top, once again.

Thanks!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
  -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

24 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    I completely agree! Excellent suggestion! Just had another update but the stack view has not been repaired yet..... maybe the next update will do the trick. Thank you!
  • rerving
    rerving Member ✭✭
    Does anyone know if quicken is even working on the stack view problem
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could be, but there has been no information posted about this issue here, so to the best of my knowledge, this is not being worked on at this time.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Pholden
    Pholden Member ✭✭
    No change in the behavior despite a couple of updates since the above posts. Sure would be nice to correct this glaring problem ASAP!
  • spartikurt
    spartikurt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    On the Bills and Income Tab I have the Stack View on. It defaults to the last bill due. How do I make the default the first/ next bill due?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    We do not have such an option.  To set the stack to the first/next bill due, I suggest you click on the first/next bill due displayed on the lower portion of the view.
  • What happened to "First Bill Due" default?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Sievertson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea to restore the previous behavior of the Bills and Income display.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for the reply.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    To Quicken Tyka: I am confused. This post was opened in response to a change in behavior in Quicken "Stack View." A few months back, immediately following an update, the stack view defaults to the LAST bill due (30 days out) featured large in the middle, not the NEXT bill due (which can be today)! We're all used to looking at the middle, largely displayed bill to remind us what is due next. This change in view is deceptive and can result in missed payments (for me anyway). We are asking firstly for Quicken to acknowledge the change and secondly, for Quicken to fix it! If the post has been moved as you say, where was it moved to? Do you have a link? Thank you!
  • So where is this going? Now 2-3 updates and it is still backwards.
    FIX IT! Please
  • jeneumann54
    jeneumann54 Member ✭✭
    I agreem, fix this please or at the very least give a a CHOICE as to hyow this is displayed...
  • jeneumann54
    jeneumann54 Member ✭✭
    Prior to a recent change, the "Stack View" in the "Bills & Income Tab" has historically opened to present the "next due" bill on the top of the stack (i.e. the closest unpaid bill to today's date). It now displays the furthest out - and last bill due in the range selected of bills to display, which makes no sense, and causes the user to always have to change the view manually to review/pay upcoming bills. The old behavior was the "correct" behavior for most users (according to many comments from community members.

This is a suggestion that the behavior of the Stack View be reverted to display the "next due" bill on top, once again.

Thanks!
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken_Tyka
    Any update here? How about an acknowledgement that you see what we see? It's been almost a year since this was first experienced and about 10 months since first reported and we've heard nothing. A little feedback goes a long way with your customers... thank you.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    Possible Solution that worked for me. This is a rather drastic solution but it worked.

I installed a new SSD drive in my PC. Of course, I had to reinstall all my apps, including Quicken. Upon reinstall, the stack view was repaired. Please note this SSD is the main storage device that contains the operating system (Windows 10). Best of luck to all.

PS... the stack view was not repaired by simply uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. A fresh drive is what did the trick for me.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    :/ Well, that was short lived. As soon as Quicken updated to the latest version (R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12), the stack view went back [removed - disruptive/violation of community guidelines]
  • Mark Sievertson
    Mark Sievertson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    [Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines] 
  • ronbadtke
    ronbadtke Member ✭✭
    agree, stack view is total pain
  • Mark Sievertson
    Mark Sievertson Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. How do people learn about Quicken if comments are removed?
    Will the "Bill Stack" ever get fixed?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mark Sievertson

First - thanks for your support of this idea. 
    To answer your question - "maybe".  It depends, in part on how many votes this "idea post" garners.  I think we're on the brink at this time, so if you have friends in the community - please urge them to "up-vote" this idea.  The more votes we get, the better the chance that Quicken will return this behavior to what it was.

Frankx

• Growls
    Growls Member ✭✭
    I want to see it return to the way it used to be.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    No activity on this topic in a couple months. I believe the issue is defined well enough to understand.

Is there someone from Quicken who monitors this post and can give us an update on the status of a fix?

Thank you.
  • Growls
    Growls Member ✭✭
    For what it’s worth, i called and made a complaint about a month and a half ago and I have heard nothing from them.
  • Old Tex
    Old Tex Member ✭✭
    It's really irritating when, either purposely or accidentally, some programmer makes a change that screws up the usefulness of a page, but no one is willing to address the problem and correct it. Is Quicken supposed to serve the users? Doesn't seem like it.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member ✭✭
    I received an update today (version R37.62, build 27.1.37.62). The stack view is now behaving appropriately. It seems to be fixed!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I can tell this issue was fixed in R37.25 or thereabouts in Dec. 2021 , so this Idea can be closed.

QWin Premier subscription