One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

Answers

• kbesca
    kbesca Member ✭✭
    same thing for me with Fidelity AND Discover accounts.
  • Ronald L Doyle
    Ronald L Doyle Member ✭✭✭
    Same thing here
  • SJ68512
    SJ68512 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Crashes mid way through one step update then give me a bug splat screen. :/ All was good when I ran OSU yesterday evening.
  • One Step Update crashing with Schwab update only. Chase /Amex/Discover updating without issue.
  • utah11
    utah11 Member ✭✭
    For Quicken administrator: In case it might help, I submitted a Bugsplat report after one of the many crashes.
  • I was able to update from CitiCard and Vanguard individually. It hung up when I did Discover Card individually. If I had everything selected - it crashed
  • ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for your update jswafa. IMHO Even more evidence must be a Quicken bug and not a localized problem. Hope they get on it quick!
  • David Weinshel
    David Weinshel Member ✭✭✭
    Just started for me this morning. No new changes made since it ran normally yesterday. Also Paycheck became corrupted and had to be re-entered.
  • identical issue. able to update chase, american express individually, crashed when updating schwab. I have run validate multiple times, super validate once. I have not attempted to restore an older file nor uninstalling and reinstalling program. sent multiple bugsplat reports this morning. really annoying
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Antone having problems this morning with One step Update Crashing? I've restarted my PC a couple times and still crashing.
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Ditto. Same issue here. Worked fine yesterday. Validated file - no issues. Tried the update with a backup where I know update worked fine at the time - crashed. Several bugsplat reports sent.
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm getting a Bugsplat error every time I try to do a one step update. I've restored old files so it doesn't appear to be my data.
  • katerach
    katerach Member
    Identical issue. You really need to get this fixed.
  • jstefanelli
    jstefanelli Member ✭✭
    Ditto. Mine crashed just now. Where is Quicken Tech on this?
  • M Scott C
    M Scott C Member ✭✭
    Add another user here. About 10-15 seconds into a one step update, Quicken crashes with a "bug splat" window.
    not knowing what 'bug splat" is, I refuse to allow it to send out information.
  • utah11
    utah11 Member ✭✭
    As others have noted, updating accounts one-by-one seems to be a temporary work-around.
  • hashby
    hashby Member ✭✭
    Same thing here. Running R29.22 and update Fidelity causes the app to crash and bugsplat window.
  • ConnieB
    ConnieB Member ✭✭
    Having same problem as Snowman. OSU hangs & only way to get out of it is to "End Task" using Task Manager.

Having to rely on Quicken has been tough this year. Too many software problems cropping up and it often takes several tries by Support to fix them.
  • David Monfried
    David Monfried Member ✭✭✭
    Problem here seems to be only with Schwab and Schwab Bank. Updates from other banks and brokerages are working fine. Schwab Bank and Schwab Brokerage create the Bugsplats.
  • mahneedham
    mahneedham Member ✭✭✭
    Once Schwab was removed from my OSU list, worked fine.
  • Paul Rahn
    Paul Rahn Member ✭✭
    Same problem this morning. One Step Update processed my Chase accounts says complete. Looks like it is trying to download quotes but everything says waiting. Would be nice to cancel or skip sections of the update. Appears there is no time out feature.
  • rm1270
    rm1270 Member ✭✭
    All of a sudden today OSU crashes Quicken when trying to run...did a validate and repair with no success

Running Windows 2020 R29.22

Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions?
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of having problems with a HUNG OSU.  There was another forum that said it was a problem with the Security List being a problem so I turned off that and Bill Update and now Quicken 2020 blows up and sends a crash log to Intuit.  This needs to get fixed ASAP.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Me too. If you don't update your accounts, it works but as soon as you run OSU, it crashes.
  • twlark
    twlark Member ✭✭
    Same issue, crashing during OSU, then BugSplat prompt. I have 2 separate QDF files and both crash during OSU.
  • Alan Moidel
    Alan Moidel Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue this morning.
  • carlwebster
    carlwebster Member ✭✭
    Yes, I can't update any account this morning. Maybe it can't handle the stock market surge from 9-Nov-2020?
    Carl Webster
    Citrix Technology Professional Fellow | E2EVC Senator | IGEL VIP | Parallels VIPP | VMware vExpert 2021 |VMware vExpert EUC 2021 | VMware Influencer 100
    http://www.CarlWebster.com
    The Accidental Citrix Admin
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Apparently the error can be limited to updating Fidelity accounts. Anyone else get this?
  • merunge
    merunge Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Here is extra detail. Quicken program abruptly closes while doing initial One Step Update this morning. On 3rd try I updated my accounts one-at-a-time and was successful until final update for Edward Jones. Program closed again. Worked perfectly 12 hours ago.
This discussion has been closed.