Option to pay credit card when finished reconciling (+4 Merged)

pauldv172
pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
Idea for Quicken for Mac.  As in Quicken 2013, after reconciling a credit card account, an option came up to immediately pay it on line.  I would like to see it added to Q for Mac.
18 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Great idea!  Right now we have to go and manually setup the transaction.  It would help to automate the process a bit more.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I can't believe this hasn't gotten more up votes. I've been using Quicken for more than 25 years and recently was forced to move my Quicken file to the Mac from Windows.  This feature may not be as important to someone who has never had it, but for me, sometimes I now get distracted between the process of reconciling a statement and the process of finally paying the bill.  It has happened more than once and one time did not catch it until it was too late. The other redeeming value of this feature is that it would automatically populate the amount of the debit during the payment process.  Since losing this feature, I have accidentally entered the wrong payment amount on several occasions.  This feature is my highest priority missing feature in QM2017.  Thanks.
  • Albert Krauss
    Albert Krauss Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    In Quicken for pc you could reconcile an account and Quicken would ask you if you would like to pay the credit card. This is not available in Mac.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, I recommend that you set up and use a Scheduled Reminder Transaction to record the credit card payment.
  • mjclose
    mjclose Member
    I've been a Quicken (QW) user since 1995 and switched to Quicken for MAC about a year ago. One feature that is currently missing in QM is the option to pay your credit card bill as you complete the CC account reconciliation. In QW, a window would pop-up offering you the option to make your payment either automatically or via writing a check. QW would then enter the payment in the CC account AND enter the check into your bank account. Quick & Done! In QM, the only way I've found to do this and affect both CC account and bank account is to 1. Reconcile CC account; 2. make a separate Transfer between accounts. Double the effort. Please add this payment feature to Quicken for MAC.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mjclose

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to pay a credit card balance after reconciling.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the programmers get a round tuit  :smiley:
    you can use a Scheduled Reminder (Recurring Transaction) to record your credit card payment, with or without having done your reconciliation. This way you won't miss a payment.

My 2cents' worth: I don't use Bill Pay / Bill Manager at all and I don't use the pay-after-reconciliation dialog either. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, whatever the biller calls it. Just authorize the biller to debit the payment directly from the checking or credit card account on due date, sit back, relax and wait for it to happen.
    When I get notified about a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Idea might get more pull if the title included "(Q Mac)" to indicate that this is a Mac - specific Idea.
    And, yes, if the programmers still haven't gotten around to adding code for this function ... IMHO, they should. Sooner rather than later.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @UKR Well, it is in the category of Quicken Mac ideas. ;) But that raises the interesting question of whether most people discover Idea topics via Search or browsing the forum categories.

For me, this isn't a high priority, since it takes just a few seconds a month to do it manually; there are other missing features I'd rather that the developers make higher priorities -- but I certainly understand why people would like this. My only question is whether the number of different ways people pay credit card bills makes this more complicated than it would seem on the surface. Some people just want a manual entry which will match to an automatic payment by their credit card company. Some people use Quicken Quick Pay. Some people use their bank's Bank Pay.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • clinc
    clinc Mac Beta Beta
    I recently transitioned from Quicken for Windows to Quicken Mac.  This is one of several annoying deficiencies in the Mac version.  Several times I've reconciled a credit card account and then forgot to pay the outstanding balance because Quicken did not prompt for the payment, as I had become used to.  Please add this feature!!
  • jnoble100
    jnoble100 Member ✭✭
    Just done my first reconcile with a credit card with the upgraded Mac Quicken and it's remembered the converted reconciled transactions, so good news. But in the old Quicken 2002, when I complete the reconciliation process, Quicken, automatically adds the payment to pay the credit card bill from the bank account. In the new Quicken, for some reason this hasn't happened.

Reconcile exercise was completed and the balances were correct.

Do I need to manually do this now? Seems a big omission if I do - I'm assuming I've missed something somewhere in the reconcile process.

Thanks again.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jnoble100

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to pay a credit card when finished reconciling.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~