USAA OL 220-A/294 Error

artg
artg Member ✭✭✭✭
Good morning Q Community.  Is anyone else experiencing a OL 220-A error when performing a One-Step Update with USAA Federal Savings Bank?  I "Direct Connect" and I got a OL 220-A error this morning. All I'm looking for is validation that I'm not the only one...in other words, is the problem on my end or a FI/Quicken problem? 

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community.  I attempted to add an account in my personal data file, using fake login credentials, with USAA Federal Savings Bank and also received a OL-220 error, instead of the invalid login credential error I should have received.

This led me to review my log files, where I located an internal error in the communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution.  Due to this, we have opened an escalation with our service partners to investigate this error further and resolve as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we recommend allowing up to 48 hours and then attempting to add/update accounts with USAA once more.

If you would like to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution to this issue as one becomes available, please visit the community Alert here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is a new update on the USAA alert, available here that contains additional details.

If you are experiencing any of the issues detailed in the alert, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem to assist our teams in the investigation.

Please include in the subject, which issue/error you are experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

Answers

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    > @Bill Sauter said:
    > I too am having trouble with USAA downloads. I am able to successfully establish a Direct Connect connection with all 4 of my USAA accounts. When I do so, it downloads all of my outstanding transactions. The next time I try to do an Update, Quicken comes back with OL-220-A Quicken is unable to complete your request. I get that message until I Deactivate and re-establish Direct Connect at which time all of the transactions that haven't download do. Closing Quicken and rebooting doesn't help. I am running R31.16 on Windows 10 and have VPN turned off.

Same here. I suspect this is a USAA issue since all had been fine before today. I have R31.8 which is current update. I am reluctant to make any changes unless something has worked for others.
  • HarleyFool
    HarleyFool Member ✭✭
    I just upgraded to R31.8 Build 27.1.31.8 and am getting the same OL-220-A error with USAA Credit card downloads. When I tried to reset account, I got a strange looking window that had some of the buttons unlabled and Quicken froze. I had to manually end the Quicken program. I tried again, this time to deactivate my Direct Connection and got the same strange looking popup window and again Quicken froze up.
  • bustarma
    bustarma Member
    Same with me. OL-220-A on and off for at least a week with two USAA credit card accounts. Sometimes a WIndows 10 restart works once, but then the same error. Sometimes the restart does not help.
    Never a problem updating Vanguard investment accounts.
    I have the latest Quicken update.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @HarleyFool
    Thank you Harley.  I upgraded to R31.8 as well this morning followed by a One Step Update.  Now that you mention it, when I upgraded to one of the very recent upgrades (I think 31.6 or 31.7) I had a problem with the One-Step update when connecting to American Express.  After deactivating followed by reactivating and living with Express Web Connect for a couple of days the good folks at Q coordinated with AMEX and solved the problem.  I have no interest is going through that deactivate/activate drill again nor living with Express Web Connect.  So, lets hope there are enough of us to "inspire" our Q team to reach out to USAA and solve this problem for us. Most importantly, thanks for confirming the problem is not on my end.  

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bustarma
    Thanks bustarma.  You and I were literally typing at the same time.  Please see my posting above. I guess what we're going to have to endure is the ritual where Q says the problem is on the USAA side and USAA says the problem is on the Q side.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community.  I attempted to add an account in my personal data file, using fake login credentials, with USAA Federal Savings Bank and also received a OL-220 error, instead of the invalid login credential error I should have received.

This led me to review my log files, where I located an internal error in the communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution.  Due to this, we have opened an escalation with our service partners to investigate this error further and resolve as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, we recommend allowing up to 48 hours and then attempting to add/update accounts with USAA once more.

If you would like to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution to this issue as one becomes available, please visit the community Alert here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: USAA Direct Download not working.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Receiving OL-220-A on both my USAA Federal Savings bank accounts. Report sent to support.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• rapptim
    rapptim Member ✭✭
    Same problem, e.g. OL-220-A on all six of my USAA accounts. Started this morning.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rapptim
    Thanks for joining us rapptim.  It appears that Quicken Sarah has this issue under control.  She's letting the appropriate Q team members know about the situation and has asked us to let them take action.  She also asked us to give them about 48 hours.  If this is anything like the AMEX problem a couple of weeks ago I'm confident they'll find a solution. 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello All,

If you haven't already, please see the new update on the open Alert for this issue, here.

Once you have switched to the different "USAA Federal Savings Bank - New" option in Quicken, please reply here and let us know if you continue to receive an error, or if connections now work as expected.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah
    Sorry Sarah, all I get now is Express Web Connect. :-(
    Please provide more guidance, I'm not seeing a "New" USAA Federal Savings Bank.
  • Quicken Sarah
    artg said:
    @Quicken Sarah
    Sorry Sarah, all I get now is Express Web Connect. :-(
    Please provide more guidance, I'm not seeing a "New" USAA Federal Savings Bank.
    @artg

Thank you for letting me know.  Quick question for you, has Quicken been closed and re-opened today at all?

If not, please close and re-open Quicken, then try once more.  Does the "USAA Federal Savings Bank - New" option now appear?

Let me know, thank you.

Sarah
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it was closed and reopened Sarah.  I'm not doing something right because I'm not seeing a window where I can chose a "New USAA."
  • Quicken Sarah
    Thanks for confirming!  It sounds as though the internal FIDIR or "bank list" may not have updated for you to show this new option.

Please try to refresh the bank list, following the steps here, and let me know if it still does not appear for you.

Sarah
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not appearing Sarah.  I'm pretty frustrated.  I'm back to Express Web Connect like we were a couple of weeks ago with AMEX.  I'm looking for a magical solution.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @artg

I apologize, another quick question for you.  Are you entering USAA in the Financial Institution search box or selecting the USAA icon in the Add Account window?

Please see the information here, from another User who was experiencing this same issue and let us know if this helps at all.

Sarah
  • rapptim
    rapptim Member ✭✭
    Sarah - thanks for the info. Reactivating worked, but not for the Youth Savings account I was previously syncing. Any projected solution for those types of accounts?

It does not appear in the account list and I don't see any options on USAA to allow me as the custodian to authorize it to sync with Quicken.
    TIm
  • esparker
    esparker Member ✭✭
    None of my USAA accounts are working, and when I try to add them using the "USAA Federal Savings Bank (NEW)" option, Quicken is not allowing me to map the accounts listed to my existing accounts. I have nine different accounts with USAA, and I really don't want to start over with new accounts in Quicken and try to reconcile the histories and balances. I deactivated one of the accounts, and when I try to reactivate online access for the account, I have no option to change from the existing "zzz-USAA Fed Savings Bank" option.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @esparker
    good morning.  I'll repeat what I submitted on another thread.  I now have only one spending account with USAA, a Visa credit card.  When I followed Sarah's guidance I got a Visa card with a different account number.  I took a chance "just for kicks" and linked it to my existing Visa.  It linked perfectly (and that's scary!) Now when I bring up account details I see a different account number in the General tab.  The last think I want to do is call USAA because they'll tell me the problem is on the Q side.  I'd sure like Sarah's team to put this on their "to do" list and resolve it soonest.    
  • GML
    GML Member
    > @artg said:
    > @esparker
    > good morning.  I'll repeat what I submitted on another thread.  I now have only one spending account with USAA, a Visa credit card.  When I followed Sarah's guidance I got a Visa card with a different account number.  I took a chance "just for kicks" and linked it to my existing Visa.  It linked perfectly (and that's scary!) Now when I bring up account details I see a different account number in the General tab.  The last think I want to do is call USAA because they'll tell me the problem is on the Q side.  I'd sure like Sarah's team to put this on their "to do" list and resolve it soonest.    

SAME ISSUE
    Once one reads through all of these threads and deactivates then reactivate USAA 'NEW' accounts, the USAA Credit cards are NOT correct. The Quicken interface has the incorrect account numbers and creates new credit card accounts within Quicken.

Is this being addressed by Intuit? Is this specific topic we should be waiting for a fix for or are we all going to have live with this error for the foreseeable future?
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @GML
    Good afternoon.  If it matters I called USAA Website technical support and they opened up a "Trouble ticket" for what that's worth.  In the meantime I've deactivated that single Visa CC account.  My wife and I will use it sparingly until this is resolved.  More importantly, my frustration is we're not getting any readout from Q or USAA as to what is the problem and what they're (collectively) doing to fix it. 
  • Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    When I follow the procedure from Quicken.Sarah to Add Account and select USAA-New as you suggest, I get a Quicken window with the message "We couldn't get information about USAA Federal Savings Bank - New. The account will be set up as a manual account" I have tried multiple times over several hours with the same result.
  • Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    Same issue with USAA. I tried the deactivate/reactivate procedure and it worked but the credit card account numbers were wrong. I spent most of the day on the phone with USAA and quicken and learned that the new (incorrect) account numbers were indeed coming from USAA and were "internal numbers" applied to the accounts for USAA purposes to eliminate the problem of changing credit card / account numbers. The numbers in fact appear on the credit card statements as part of a longer string of numbers. The USAA folks had no answer as to why the numbers suddenly started appearing on Quicken downloads. My history with Quicken/USAA goes back over 30 years and this is a first. The larger problem was why the switch to the new USAA access ID/Pin was a complete surprise to even the USAA Quicken web support folks. Guess you just can't get good help these days.
  • dfatq
    dfatq Member ✭✭
    The system came up with a link to https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-bank-direct-connect-customers-ol-220-or-http-405-error and I was trying to follow it. I first disabled online for the accounts, then cleared out the name field. then tried to log in, but it wouldn't. While waiting for email to come here and ask I actually fixed it. I had to click on the "advanced" option and choose direct connect, then clicked next, came up with a screen where I could click "get access id" so I clicked it and that screen came up that shows in the linked article. which gave a unique Access ID and Pin (totally different than the actual USAA account) and then worked no problem (linked with the existing account). They should update that article, but hope this helps someone.
  • JimKaram
    JimKaram Windows Beta Beta
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887432/someone-is-reporting-erroneous-usaa-credit-card-numbers#latest is another thread I started on the issue of erroneous credit card numbers.  If you ignore the account numbers, the transactions are correct, but someone, likely USAA, needs to fix this.  Hopefully Quicken can convince USAA that their data is incorrect.
  • Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    In the Activate One Step Update window displayed in Quicken Kathryn's explanation of how to connect, there is a link to the right of USAA number and Pin that is not displayed in her window. If you click on that, it takes you to a USAA site that will give you an Access ID and Access Pin. When you enter those into the USAA Number and Pin fields, it will search for your accounts at USAA and allow you to link your existing quicken Accounts with your USAA accounts. The following is copied from the USAA help for Quicken:

What credentials do I provide to access my USAA accounts in Quicken?
    The credentials that Quicken prompts you for will vary based on your software version and the type of account you want to download. With the recommended Direct Connect method in Quicken follows these steps:

You'll select "Get Access ID and PIN" and we'll direct you to usaa.com to log on.
    USAA will provide a unique ID and PIN that you'll use only in Quicken.
    To add your accounts in Quicken, you'll connect using these credentials.
    If you forget your Access ID and PIN, you can get new ones at any time using the same process

After completing the process, I received an email from USAA confirming that Quicken is now connected to my USAA accounts.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    good morning Community. Jerry Bryum (above) is correct. Wow!  Jerry's statement: "The numbers in fact appear on the credit card statements as part of a longer string of numbers" inspired me to go into the USAA documents folder and I found the matching numbers on a credit card bill. Thank you Jerry.  I can't believe what we've gone through as a community.
  • USMA74
    USMA74 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    It's important that you deactivate all accounts from USAA before reactivating
This discussion has been closed.