You should be able to reopen a closed account.

Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken Mac can reopen a closed account, and there isn't any reason why Quicken Windows shouldn't allow it too.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
41 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Agree. Never understood why close had to be permanent. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

According to this discussion

Quicken Mac has the ability to
    Why hasn't this function been added to Quicken for Windows yet?

[Merged Post]

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

That would be a really nice thing to have.  Got my vote!

[Merged Post]

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Bob6
    Bob6 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

Got my vote too.

[Merged Post]

• bill20
    bill20 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

ABSOLUTELY

[Merged Post]

• bpoucher
    bpoucher Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

I agree having just mistakenly closed my still active mortgage account.

[Merged Post]

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

bpoucher

said:

I agree having just mistakenly closed my still active mortgage account.

Hopefully you have a back up so that you can restore before you closed it.  They really need to fix it there’s really no reason why you should be able to Re-open or closed account.

[Merged Post]

Signature:
  • BassMan
    BassMan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

Quicken is amazingly unresponsive to asking for Windows users to be able to open and account that was closed (sometimes by Quicken functionality). What is the issue with Quicken developers to adding this functionality for Windows users, instead of continuing to beat the unresponsive "backup/restore" drum?

[Merged Post]

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

BassMan

said:

Quicken is amazingly unresponsive to asking for Windows users to be able to open and account that was closed (sometimes by Quicken functionality). What is the issue with Quicken developers to adding this functionality for Windows users, instead of continuing to beat the unresponsive "backup/restore" drum?

Have you looked at the multitude of other product improvement requests that have been made? This is just one of many requests and some of them have many more user votes than this one.  So, what message does that give Quicken of the priority of this request?  Quite frankly for me, this is a "nice-to-have" improvement but there are many other requests that I (and others) feel are critical to have.
    We also need to keep in mind that Quicken is a small company, not some big conglomerate with a large number of employees and tons of resources they can throw at these product improvement requests.  They need to weigh carefully which improvement requests they can place into their development plans.  Some of what they need to take into account are things like complexity, level of effort, how many resources do they have vs how many resources will be needed, what are the critical musts vs the nice-to-haves?, will the requested change break something else in Quicken and how many Quicken users have been requesting the various changes/improvements (that's where the voting comes into play...the more who vote for something the more likely that it will get implemented at some time).  And on top of all this are the marketing requests, the security needs, the changes that FIs and Intuit request (force?) on them, general product performance issues/improvements and on and on. 
    Some requests get implemented relatively quickly (months), some don't get implemented for years and others don't get implemented at all.  Over the years I've seen many requests get implement but it is best to find a way to be patient because there is no telling where a specific request (including this one) falls into the priorities and development strategy.  If this requested improved gets implemented, Quicken will inform us.

[Merged Post]

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    Quicken User Since - 1991
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    Quicken User Since - 1991
  • rismanma
    rismanma Member ✭✭

FWIW this is why in all my years using Quicken, I've never closed an account in Quicken. I just hide them

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the threshold of votes for an idea is for it to be considered by the development group?

I know it was posted, but I forget what it is.

Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The threshold is around 50 votes for Windows, maybe somewhat less for Mac and Canada.

QWin Premier subscription