My investments are not updating.

Most of my investments are in American funds & they are not being updated. This problem has happened very frequently. How to resolve this.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @alcinap

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean  by "American funds"?  Are you not in  the US?  Or what?
    Also, what Q Product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info?   Also, in that dialog,  what's your "Membership Valid thru" date?
    And when you click TOOLS, Security List ... do each of the securities have "Download Quotes" checked?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• alcinap
    alcinap Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. My mutual funds are in fund family named "American Funds" (Like Fidelity etc). e.g. American Funds Growth & so on. I am using Quicken for windows 10, Version 32.12, Build 27.1.32.12.
    I have been using Quicken since Dos system & am very familiar with updating my portfolio. One step update is not updating my portfolio values. My membership is valid for another 42 days. To answer your question yes, download quotes is checked.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @alcinap - I am assuming you are referring to "American Funds", not "American funds".  Please correct me if I am mistaken about this.
    Assuming I am correct: Are you downloading from directly from Capital Group (the American Funds mutual fund company) or are they held at a brokerage?  If so, which brokerage?
    When your American Funds investments are not being updated are you getting an error code or error message?
    Are you having any issues downloading updates for your other investments and are held at the same or a different brokerage?
    The more information you can provide regarding the exact issue you are encountering the more it will help others to understand the issue and perhaps be able to offer a suggestion to resolve the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• alcinap
    alcinap Member ✭✭
    I am downloading directly. No error message. When I click one step update it goes thru as if it is updating but no values get updated. I have already mentioned I use windows 10 & other info like version & build & that I have 42 more days in my subscription. Please let me know which other information will help. I have closed the program & rebooted my computer but so far no change.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @alcinap

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • alcinap
    alcinap Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Tyka your solution worked.
  • drhodes
    drhodes Member
    down loaded transtions aren't visible and i can't reconcile accounts
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    drhodes said:
    down loaded transtions aren't visible and i can't reconcile accounts
    You should start your own question and give as much details as you can, like the version of Quicken you are using, the financial institution,  if it is an investment account or non investment account, and if you are using automatic transaction entry mode (where the transactions go directly into the register) or not.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/