Fidelity Investments

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fidelity Investments transactions not updated.

Comments

• ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, I've contacted Quicken Support and they either take me on 1-2 hour do this, do that or they tell me there are no Fidelity Investment issues. I have the account checked as a cash account and it does not update the transactions. Has there been any resolution to this issue? Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ajmgrm

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response. 

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. This did not change anything. Still did not update the account.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the Symantec VIP Access to log into your Fidelity acct. (it is service at Fidelity that provides 2 factor authentication)? If you are, this could be an issue because Fidelity says it won't work with Quicken.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    When you say "checked as a cash account" do you mean the account is set up in Quicken as an investing account with a linked checking account, or is it a banking account?

The latter will not work.

Do you get any sort of error message when you try to update the account?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    I don't have 2 step set up and it the account is set up as Linked to checking. I don't get an error, it updates the other accounts, but not the cash/checking. I attached a print screen (cleared the account #), there is no online tab. I'm sure it has something to do with it.. Thank you
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    More info. The investment account is set up for online services and the balance does update. I unchecked it in the Mobile/Web and re-checked and still the cash account does not update. I'm about ready to cancel Quicken and see if I can find another software. I always loved quicken, but I've been trying to get this addressed on and off for approximately a year. Maybe it just doesn't work correctly with Fidelity Investments. Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    ajmgrm said:
    I don't have 2 step set up and it the account is set up as Linked to checking. I don't get an error, it updates the other accounts, but not the cash/checking. I attached a print screen (cleared the account #), there is no online tab. I'm sure it has something to do with it.. Thank you
    When we choose to Show cash in a checking account in the Account Details window of an investment account, the checking account will not have an Online Services tab in its Account Details window because the register obtains the transactions from the investment account.

ajmgrm said:
    More info. The investment account is set up for online services and the balance does update. I unchecked it in the Mobile/Web and re-checked and still the cash account does not update. I'm about ready to cancel Quicken and see if I can find another software. I always loved quicken, but I've been trying to get this addressed on and off for approximately a year. Maybe it just doesn't work correctly with Fidelity Investments. Thanks

If the balance does update, the issue appears to different than the original post in which the balance remained zero.

Is this a Fidelity Cash Management Account?  We've had an issue with our Fidelity CMA for many years where, even though the Automatic entry is: Off, the imported transactions do not appear in the Downloaded transactions tab at the bottom of the register but appear in the register as if Automatic entry is: On.

If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest you try toggling the Show cash in a checking account setting.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you determine if the issue reproduces in a new Quicken file: select File > New Quicken file...  If it does not reproduce in the new Quicken file, you should try recreating the account in the original Quicken file.  If it does reproduce in the new Quicken file, I suggest reviewing the OFX Log to determine if Fidelity is sending the appropriate transactions to Quicken.  If not, I suggest you contact Fidelity again with the OFX Log evidence of their issue.
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    Thank you for all your information. Before I purchased again, I contacted Quicken and was told there are no issues using Fidelity Investments so I purchased it again. This has been going back and forth for over a year. I will try your suggestions and cancel before my 30 days if it doesn't. Thank you again.
  • MG1
    MG1 Member
    I do have the same problem.....Customer support was not helpful...at all!
  • LouCastaldo
    LouCastaldo Member
    I have same problem. Transactions from Fidelity do not update anymore and I've tried all suggested fixes, none work !! Quicken when is this going to get fixed !!!
  • ajmgrm
    ajmgrm Member ✭✭
    I figured by November 2022 this would be addressed and re-purchased. The first download works great, today I tried again and no new transactions. This is ridiculous, when I call to cancel they treat me like an idiot. Anyone find a solution to this in the last year or so? Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ajmgrm,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in May of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.