Lifetime Planner - "Change Assumptions" and "What If" buttons NOT working

I had a problem yesterday where when I hit the "Change Assumptions" button, a window popped up and displayed a message "Navigation Cancelled", the same happens with the "Explore What If" button. If I refresh that window, it says "Can't reach this page". I downloaded and reinstalled Quicken and it worked this morning, but now it is doing it again. This only came up after the last update.

HELP! The Lifetime Planner is very important to me as I'm retired and I need to know what my plan is doing.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had a problem yesterday where when I hit the "Change Assumptions" button, a window popped up and displayed a message "Navigation Cancelled", the same happens with the "Explore What If" button. If I refresh that window, it says "Can't reach this page". I downloaded and reinstalled Quicken and it worked this morning, but now it is doing it again. This only came up after the last update.

HELP! The Lifetime Planner is very important to me as I'm retired and I need to know what my plan is doing.
    Until they fix it, you might be able to get by using these links:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bob Peters
    Bob Peters Member ✭✭
    OK, so now it seems to be a random, intermittent issue.
  • I have the same issue. And it does seem to be intermittent. I had the problem, it then went away for a couple days and now it is back.
  • hsandickk
    hsandickk Member ✭✭
    same problem. very frustrating.
  • hsandickk
    hsandickk Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Until they fix it, you might be able to get by using these links:

that works. thanks.
  • Mark Whitton
    Mark Whitton Member ✭✭
    I have this problem as well and it is consistent. I also use the retirement planner to see if my assets will last. There are other online tools but they require more setup and transfer of data. Quicken, please fix this.
  • Hello All,
    We are investigating this issue, and are looking to eliminate the possibility of an installation issue with Quicken.  If possible, please reinstall your version of Quicken by downloading and installing Quicken from your My Account page or from this FAQ: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

If you continue to see the issue after reinstalling, please reply here and we can further escalate this issue--

Thanks--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Mark Whitton
    Mark Whitton Member ✭✭
    I did a complete uninstall of quicken using revo uninstaller. I did a complete re-install, re-login, and reload file. The what-if function seems to work again.
  • Bonehead
    Bonehead Member ✭✭
    - Before reinstall: What if, Change Assumptions, Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide, Help->Log Files, all non-functional.
    - Immediately after a reinstall, on launch Quicken prompts for ID, all those features are functional again.
    - Reboot machine, relaunch Quicken, no prompt for Quicken ID, all 5 features non-functional once again.

Interestingly, if I then switch to a new data file, Quicken may re-prompt me for my Quicken ID. Once I enter it, all the features are functional again, even if I switch back to the original data file. But if I close quicken, and reopen it, and I'm not prompted for my ID, the features will all fail to work again.

It really seems to me, that if I am in a session where Quicken has prompted me for my ID, then the features all work. If I am in a session where Quicken has NOT prompted me for an ID, then the features do not work.
  • I had the same experience of getting that exact error, uninstalling, reinstalling and it worked for one session. Then the next time I logged in, it was broken again. I do not want to have to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to plan my future!!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that if the functions are not working and I switch to a different data file, Quicken requires me to enter my Quicken ID and password. The login window is blank for about 10 seconds before populating. Once I have entered my ID and password, the functions work for the file I have just opened and also for my original file. 

But if I then exit and restart Quicken, the functions are broken again.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is an extremely strange problem.  I'm back on R38.30 and it is working for me, even after a reboot.

I have no idea what is causing this.
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    I am on 38.30 as well. I was thinking I might try to "sign in as a different user" but log back in as myself and see if that has the same effect as switching files. Are there side effects to that which I should be aware of? I don't use any of the cloud stuff.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am on 38.30 as well. I was thinking I might try to "sign in as a different user" but log back in as myself and see if that has the same effect as switching files. Are there side effects to that which I should be aware of? I don't use any of the cloud stuff.
    No there shouldn't be any side effects, even if you were using the cloud stuff.
    Signature:
  • Mark Whitton
    Mark Whitton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I am having the same problem as other folks. The first time I ran quicken after re-install, everything worked. The second time, the problem of not being able to run what-ifs in the planner is back. So the problem is NOT SOLVED.
  • Jim_Harman
    So I went through "Sign in as a different user" and signed back in as myself and that did NOT fix the problem.

Switching to a different data file (login required) and back DID fix the problem. Weird!
  • I've had this problem for the same issue since 2/8. Re-installing Quicken as discussed above works for as long as I keep QUICKEN open. When I shutdown Quicken, the issue returns as soon as I start it up again and does not get fixed until Quicken is re-installed again. Invested a couple of hrs with Quicken Support on the 10th in an unsuccessful effort to resolve. I am using the "Plan Assumptions" links to update one or two assumptions as needed. When I do my QTRLY planning, I usually update a number of assumptions and need to do a quick re-install to make those changes. Hopefully a fix will be available in the not too distant future.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    This is an extremely strange problem.  I'm back on R38.30 and it is working for me, even after a reboot.

I have no idea what is causing this.
    Now it isn't working again.  I didn't do any installs at all.
    Signature:
  • lynnralnc
    lynnralnc Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Definitely not fixed. Removed quicken program, rebooted, reinstalled quicken, worked. Shutdown computer and broken again. Please escalate a fix. Have used this feature for years for planning and it is a critical piece of quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is now broke for me too, I have not idea what it is causing it.
    Signature:
  • MWB
    MWB Member ✭✭
    Last Quicken administrator comment was 2/22; have they at least officially acknowledged that this is an issue? Would be nice for Quicken to at least post "we are working on this" as it clearly is a problem. I have encountered it as well. Occasionally Quicken will ask me to log in with my user name and PW and if I ignore it, the change assumptions works after that but if I try to use it before I get this screen then no joy just like everyone else. Version R38.30
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    MWB said:
    Last Quicken administrator comment was 2/22; have they at least officially acknowledged that this is an issue? Would be nice for Quicken to at least post "we are working on this" as it clearly is a problem. I have encountered it as well. Occasionally Quicken will ask me to log in with my user name and PW and if I ignore it, the change assumptions works after that but if I try to use it before I get this screen then no joy just like everyone else. Version R38.30
    There is this post:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20249649/#Comment_20249649
    Signature:
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello All,

This issue has been escalated and is being worked on. A fix is expected to be made available with the next update release in version R39.

We apologize for any inconvenience experienced in the meantime and appreciate your patience!
    Thank you.
    (QWIN-20364/CTP-3446)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JBird79
    JBird79 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I have to reinstall every time I reopen Quicken! [Edited-Readability]
  • lynnralnc
    lynnralnc Member ✭✭
    We appreciate this issue being escalated. As indicated, many of us use this feature and have come to rely on the ability to change assumptions!
  • Jim_Harman
    According to the alert here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909177/updated-3-8-22-quicken-embedded-browser-errors-navigation-to-the-webpage-was-canceled#latest
    this issue has been fixed in R39.17.

I installed using the Mondo patch and at first it was not fixed, but after deleting the Cache folder as instructed in the Alert, it appears to be fixed. Time will tell if this is permanent, or if R39.17 introduces other problems.
  • Frank Anderson
    Frank Anderson Member ✭✭
    I reinstalled Quicken and the problem (for now) is gone.
  • lynnralnc
    lynnralnc Member ✭✭
    Worked for me after implementing latest release R39.17, installing the Mondo Patch, and removing the "Cache" folder from "C:\programData\Quicken" and reopening Quicken as recommended by Quicken Anja. Thank you for fixing the issue!
  • Frank Anderson
    Frank Anderson Member ✭✭
    Reinstalling Quicken worked for about one day. Now back to the same problem.
  • Jim_Harman
    @Frank Anderson
    It appears that to fix this problem, you should upgrade your Quicken software to R39.17 or later and then delete the Cache folder in the C:\ProgramData\Quicken directory. See this Alert post
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909177/updated-3-8-22-quicken-embedded-browser-errors-navigation-to-the-webpage-was-canceled#latest

Note that you may experience unrelated issues in these releases.
This discussion has been closed.