Fidelity Transactions Not Downloading

Options

Answers

• drallop3
    drallop3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue since 9/3. Stopped after the Chase fiasco.
  • shogen
    shogen Member
    Options
    Time for Quicken to recognize and report the issue. There is an issue with the software not our configurations as we have not changed anything...same issue of no transactions downloaded but says it is successful - with my bank connections and all non chase connections. Only Chase works. Just made Chase update and and Quicken update and the problem of no downloads started. Seems to be an obvious coincidence with Chase update.
  • mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can either of the moderators that have previously contributed to this thread please provide us with an update on Quicken's ability to resolving this issue? Thanks.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue for me. The last update appears to be September 1 or so for me. I did have a situation where a Chase account was linked to a Fidelity Brokerage account during the Chase update fiasco, but I am not sure if this is related. Just adding it to the data.
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    An interim solution that worked for me......
    1. Change tracking method for all Fidelity accounts to "Simple" (not "Complete").
    2. Deactivate all Fidelity accounts.
    3. Using Tools - Add Account, re-add all your Fidelity accounts and link them to your existing Quicken accounts.
    4. I changed my Fidelity checking account back to "Complete" as I wanted to see transaction level detail.

I did not attempt to change my Fidelity investment accounts back to "Complete" yet.
    Fidelity One Step Update is now working.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Thomas Roche did one step update also work for your investment accounts?
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @MBK yes.... the holdings (share balance) gets updated with one step update. Also, from the Simple view you can click on a particular holding and see transaction history (you only see transactions that changed share balance (not dividends).
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I decided to try an experiment today, since Quicken has not acknowledged this problem. I created a new Quicken file and added my Fidelity accounts. It found all of them and downloaded all transactions, including the ones that had not previously been downloaded. The only problem (which may be how it normally works) is that it did not prompt me to name the announced.

So I went back to my regular database and figured maybe if I disabled online access for all of my Fidelity accounts, it would work when I reactivated it. This was kind of a pain, since I have many Fidelity accounts that had to be deactivated individually. Sadly, when I reactivated online services, the same thing happened, no new transactions were downloaded.

How do we get Quicken to acknowledge and actively investigate this problem, @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jared @Quicken Jasmine
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has there been an update to this problem? Like others here, I have many years (30 to be exact) of transactions. Right now Quicken has left me (and others) in a real lurch. And, on top of it, I just paid the annual fee for another year of subscription. Quicken better get its act together, real quick.
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Am feeling the same way. Have had this love-hate relationship with Quicken for 36 years. Haven't been able to download Fidelity transactions for 3+ weeks and every time I try to download any transactions I get that incessant Chase pop-up -- even though I've gone through the Chase update process numerous times. Did they lose all their (good) software engineers? Evidently the Q executives are rearranging the deck chairs instead of looking at their community support pages. Am about to just build a massive spreadsheet and manually enter everything. If the communication was just better.
  • CJLS
    CJLS Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as erintell and drallop3. After spending hours on the telephone with three Quicken Customer Support Agents, I was directed to the community, and it appears as if I am not alone. My issue also began with the Chase upgrade, which also created issues with my Chase accounts, which seem to be resolved now. The Fidelity issue remains and I cannot download new transactions, even though it indicates that transactions are being downloaded. I hope that the Quicken Developers are working on this.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the problem with Fidelity and Etrade accounts. Same time frame.
  • JoelLaxer
    JoelLaxer Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have the same issue - stopped working after had to upgrade how I download Chase
  • drallop3
    drallop3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried this with Fidelity (Not Citibank) and it worked.

"After you have deactivate the Online Services of a register associated with Citibank, clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window. Then, select Tools > Add Account."- From another thread by Sherlock

Stupidly simple and seemingly illogical but It was joy for me. Hope it helps you.
  • Mark Nd
    Mark Nd Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having the problem? Both Quicken and Fidelity say that they see no issues.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Fidelity transactions have not come into Quicken using the update process since about 9/2/2022. There is another thread on this here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919006/fidelity-transactions-not-downloading#latest
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was trying to find a way to make this work today and failed. But I did notice that one of my six Fidelity accounts will not let me enter a user name because, it says, the account uses the EWC+ connection. During the Chase conversion fiasco, one of my Chase accounts downloaded into this specific account.

I am now wondering if the EWC+ connector for this account is causing the problem. If you are unable to bring Fidelity account transactions into your Quicken accounts, can you check to see if any of your accounts show that they are using the EWC+ connection, while others are not?

In the edit account details window, select the online tab. In the online tab, see if your Fidelity username is there. If it is, you are not using EWC+. If it is not, move the cursor over the question mark next to "user ID" and see what it says.
  • Shawn Scottsdale
    Options
    Same problems as everybody else... happended about same time as everybody else (end of Aug). I put a "ticket" in to Quicken about it at least a week or more ago, but of course haven't heard anything. Regarding last comment, yeah... my accounts are in the same weird kind of state. I have many Fidelity accounts. ONE does NOT have the EWC+ (username/Customer ID) as the help question mark says it uses some other secure connection... but, all the rest of my Fidelity accounts DO have a customer ID. I've tried a million different things and nothing has worked.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I seem to have found a solution that, so far, works for the Fidelity failing to update issue.  I restored a backup from prior to 8/26, when this problem arose. Having done that several days ago my downloads from Fidelity seem to be working normally.  Of course, by doing that I lost everything entered into Quicken after the backup.

Now every time I do a one step update I get a message to 1) upgrade to the newest version 2) upgrade the way I link to chase accounts.  For obvious reasons I am not eager to do either of these things, both of which I did shortly before I noticed this issue.

It would be really great if Quicken would 1) give us some inkling of what it believes the problem is and 2) fixes this.

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Scottsdale - Thank you for checking the EWC+ question. That's two of us with one account with a different connection method than the others.
  • BT76
    BT76 Member
    Options
    I seem to have the same issue. During Chase migration, quicken changed fidelity account to "chase" account. Since then I have reset fidelity online services multiple times. No error codes and quicken says fidelity accounts up to date; however...one step update summary says downloaded as of 9/22, but last "holdings information updated as of 8/23". Quicken acts like everything is normal, but new transactions are not downloading.
  • drallop3
    drallop3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had same problem but I tried this with Fidelity (Not Citibank) and it worked.

"After you have deactivate the Online Services of a register associated with Citibank, clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window. Then, select Tools > Add Account."- From another thread by Sherlock

Stupidly simple and seemingly illogical but It was joy for me. Hope it helps you.
  • murphjo23
    murphjo23 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please add me to the list for this issue. Last downloaded transaction was 8/22 for 5 of my accounts. If I connect to Fidelity to set up a new account in Quicken and let it download the transactions into a new account, it pulls in the latest transactions. The issue has something to do with the previous update which must have corrupted a file causing this.
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Tried what @drallop3 mentioned above, but it did not work for me. I completed all of the recommended steps, but still no transactions being downloaded. When you "Add Account" you have option of adding it as a new account which duplicates the account or linking to existing account which is what I did. This suggested solution did not result (for me) in transactions being downloaded even after several update attempts. And yes am using latest version of Q.
  • Struggles
    Struggles Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spent an hour with support - tried everything - ultimately had to restore a backup from the day before the issue started - and all worked fine
  • Shawn Scottsdale
    Options
    After a month, that's not really a viable solution for most.
  • Struggles
    Struggles Member ✭✭
    Options
    so after further playing around I think the issue is the switch over to the BofA EWC - it links up with the fidelity brokerage account and I think that causes the issue - so I skipped that in the update - i hope quicken fixes this
  • Shawn Scottsdale
    Options
    BofA? or Chase? I believe most people had issues after the Chase "upgrades"
  • Shawn Scottsdale
    Options
    BTW... Just did a 1.5hr support CHAT session with Quicken. I already had a "ticket" in from over a week ago that didn't seem to have anything done with it. Anyway, after quite a bit of "I already did that most basic thing with the previous support person a week ago", I THINK I got them to admit there is a problem (that's the first step right?). They CLAIMED that Quicken will acknoledge the problem in this disscusion thread, and advise on when a FIX might be in place. For reference and to kinda confirm it was a quicken issue...either with the program itself or the program breaking the Fidelity accounts near the end of August... I restored a backup to a NEW file prior to the point where (whatever) broke the Fidelity accounts (most likely the program update and/or process involved with the CHASE "upgrades")... I then successfully updated my Fidelity accounts that DID download ALL current transactions. If you don't have much activity, that might be a solution for you, but I have 100s (at least) of either manual transactions and/or categorization of transactions that have been done over the past month that this "restore" process isn't a viable solution for my main/normal file.
  • Struggles
    Struggles Member ✭✭
    Options
    Shawn - BofA
This discussion has been closed.