Reports in the same currency (+1 Merged) (Q Mac)

jaser58
jaser58 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports
:) Hey, I just emigrated to Mac and I'm very happy. I just wanted to see if you could add in the reports a consolidated currency, like in Windows.
Thanks!
37 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released. QMAC-26047

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jaser58

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your Idea.

Currently, there are two reports that offer a currency filter.

This can be found on the toolbar once the report has been created.

Would either of these reports work, or do you have something else in mind?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jaser58
    jaser58 Member ✭✭✭
    Hey Tyka,

Thank you for your prompt answer. Yes, you can select the currency in the toolbar, but what I meant is you can not see the reports in a consolidate currency.
    I run three currencies and if I want to see my incomes or expenses I have to take them out separately and then make a single report in the currency I choose. It's like on the side bar where you can see your assets in the currency you selected. In Windows you can select the currency you want to see in your reports. :)

Thanks, and kind regards.
  • jaser58
    jaser58 Member ✭✭✭
    Only a precision, it's not like in the left side bar where you can see ONLY the total assets and liabilities in the same currency, equal in Mac than in Windows.

In windows you can run a report in the currency you want.

Thanks, you are doing a good job.
    Javier
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Mac doesn't have the same multiple currency support that Quicken Windows US has (and Quicken Windows US doesn't have the same multiple currency support that Quicken Windows Canadian has.  Quicken Windows Canadian happens to have the best support of all of them.  And note neither of the Mobile or Web have multiple currency support.)

Here is a suggestion you can vote on:
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I am quite upset that no report will include any account set up in a foreign currency.

OH YES.... the list of accounts on left hand side will include NET WORTH with accounts converted to home currency.
    It also can be included in a BUDGET
    BUT NO OTHER REPORT will even include the accounts. If you export a budget no ACTUALS are included if in a foreign currency.
    It is available on quicken for WINDOWS and other financial programs. I would like it to be included as a feature in QUICKEN FOR MAC
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jillybundanoon

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to create reports in the same currency.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • karbimo
    karbimo Unconfirmed, Member
    reports without Reports without fully supporting of multi currency is useless. That's, the reports should be translated in one currency.
  • mohamadkarbi
    mohamadkarbi Member ✭✭
    From reading all over, I could understand that this feature is planned under the full currency support. However, just hope it will be in the near future. It's crucial along with many multi currency accounts for those living abroad...
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    I'd like to see Quicken/Mac add a feature to generate reports with multiple currencies on them.  I am interested in seeing transactions across multiple currencies in one report.  Currently, I need to run separate reports by currency then cross reference them manually.
    Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Hello @adsoft2015,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• quinnski56
    quinnski56 Member

Totally agree — it seems crazy that Quicken can't multiply transactions in one currency by an exchange rate to generate a consolidated report. There must be many Quicken users who would use and appreciate such a report (and are annoyed like I am that it is not possible now)

• adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta

It surprises me too since they alread do the summary conversions for the net worth calc on the left side bar.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Yup, exactly.

But each little thing takes time. So maybe the person who works on reports is working on long-awaited invements reports; do they pull that developer off the big project to create a relatively simple conversion report?

The other factor to consider is that complete multi-currency support — which the developers have promised — likely requires re-writing some underlying code in parts of the prgram, and they don't want to tack on a report now which might need to be re-engineered/re-created as part of that larger project. So the developers can see how these projects connect, and the timeline for them, but we users can only scratch our heads at what they do and don't release.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta

I'm encouraged that it will come. I was so happy when they added multi-currency support. I don't mind waiting for this next upgrade to full currency support.

• MarBill Hill Farm
    MarBill Hill Farm Unconfirmed, Member

Also dealing with multiple currencies and Quicken Canada … any update on when we will see conversion capabilities for Mac in Canada? This thread started in May 2020 and we are still without what Windows Canada and other quicken products have … 3 years on.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

any update on when we will see conversion capabilities for Mac in Canada?

@MarBill Hill Farm Quicken never says when new functionality will be released; we're all in the dark until one day a desired feature shows up.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rtb1
    rtb1 Member

Please can we have proper multi-currency support for Mac?
    I have been a quicken user since 1992 and have just switched from quicken windows 2016 to the new quicken on mac, and I must say it has been a really poor experience for those with USD and non-USD accounts as the old quicken had this sorted 2 decades ago.
    Reports should be able to provide consolidated reports for USD and non-USD accounts, and the graphs (like net worth) should also be able to provide consolidated results. Without these, these reports and graphs are effectively useless.
    I see that this issues was initially raised nearly 3.5 years ago and only recently been marked as "under consideration" - I take that to mean it won't be coming any time soon?

• Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.