Would like ability to highlight a specific transaction row in the register (Q Mac +11 Votes)

System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Ability to highlight a transaction in color

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    really important for old folks with bad eyes
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    frank said:

really important for old folks with bad eyes

For that, you may want to add your VOTE to Add Ability to Change Font Size.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for User Interface Options and Features. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• cbonne
    cbonne Member
    edited September 2022
    I see this suggestion has been made on the Windows side but I would like to see this on the Mac version. I am using Premier.

I would the ability to use different row colors to highlight specific kinds of transactions such that I can easily tell, yup, there are/were 3 blue, 2 yellow and 1 green rows this month.
  • Forensics5
    Forensics5 Member
    Add the ability to highlight individual rows in the register. Color options for fonts would be great!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Forensics5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dansug
    dansug Member
    It would be great if Quicken would highlight the security when one clicks on it
  • Jimbo21742
    Jimbo21742 Member ✭✭
    This is still an item that would be greatly appreciated by users. It would not seem that much of a challenge when excel and word (not to mention Lotus 123 and Wordperfect) all had this feature decades ago. Come on!! let's get with the times. Just allow various color highlighting of ledger lines.
    Thank you
  • PaulVonasek
    PaulVonasek Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    At the min. highlighting sb similar to a spreadsheet, highlight a cell (in a color) then have the ability to filter it. I.e. so one can enter (set up) and visually see important/key future/past events. So when one searches a column have the option to select and choose "used" colors in the pick list too.

For example, I have a benefit/medical payment due on x date ea. month AND I must manage funding it with sufficient funding in the account, thus need to see these events for the next n (12) months.
  • PaulVonasek
    edited November 2022
    @Quicken Anja there is a similar entry under -> DISPLAY/UI (MAC). And I will repost my (similar) request here.
    ---
    At the min. highlighting sb similar to a spreadsheet, highlight a cell (in a color) then have the ability to filter it. I.e. so one can enter (set up) and visually see important/key future/past events. So when one searches a column have the option to select and choose "used" colors in the pick list too.

For example, I have a benefit/medical payment due on x date ea. month AND I must manage funding it with sufficient funding in the account, thus need to see these events for the next n (12) months.
  • grandgriff
    grandgriff Member
    edited November 2022
    Please add a highlighting option to Quicken. I would LOVE to be able to highlight things in my register when I am reconciling to my bank account register. Yes, there is a clear option but this does not stand out and there are times I need to highlight things to notice quickly. Please, please add this option!! Before using Quicken exclusively I used a ledger and always highlighted things that I needed to keep my eye on. Thank you!
  • PaulVonasek
    edited April 2023

Use Case: Need the means to visually support any transaction that requires attention, i.e. displayed by a large colored font, displayed by a visual background color or, popup box stating "Attention Needed" associated to the transaction in question. Colum filtering also required to filter on these highlighted transactions.

Work around, None. Current Status "Flag For Review" is in sufficient due to size, column width or visual effect.

Standards: A requirement for visually impared and, an overall User Interace improvement

• Mer978
    Mer978 Member

Just another user asking for the highlight feature. For me, I'd use it to call attention to transactions I have questions about and need to follow up on. For example: a shared expense that I need to make sure I get paid back for, an adjustment amount that I need to dig into, a subscription amount that is higher (like at the end of a promotional period) that I need to call the provider about, etc. These are all temporary needs, so using something like a category, tag or note doesn't quite fit the bill.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@Mer978 I'm in favor of this feature request, but is seems to be quite slow in attracting votes from fellow Quicken users. Unless/until the developers add some other way to highlight or flag specific transactions, you might find it useful to use the Status column, where you can set transactions to have a blue pencil (not reviewed) icon. To do this, Control-click on a transactions, and from the large pop-up menu, select Set Status of Selected Transaction to > Not Reviewed. It's not a perfect solution, but you's one way to quickly flag and unclog certain transactions. (Note this only works in accounts configured to download transactions; accounts which are entered manually do not allow transactions to be marked as not Reviewed.)

Another alternative is to use the Action column if it's not one you typically use. You can enter whatever you want, such as REVIEW, in this field, and making the Action column visible in your register makes it relatively easy to spot the ones you need to review. (And you can even sort the register by this column, or use Search to find only the REVIEW transactions.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993