Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I use a mixture of automatically entered and manual Reminders and I have not seen this problem. I do not sync to Mobile.

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web and move the Sync slider to the left, turning off Mobile Sync, the problem should go away, but that will disable syncing to the mobile apps.

If you don't use Quicken on the Web or the mobile apps, you should leave Mobile sync set to Off.

The main discussion on this topic is here

QWin Premier subscription
  • John Black
    John Black Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. It seems once I do a one-step update, all the auto entry returns to "upcoming" instead of "auto". I've validated and super validated with no resolution.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Black

Please read the earlier posts in this discussion, including this:

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web and move the Sync slider to the left, turning off Mobile Sync, does the problem go away? If you don't use Quicken on the Web or the mobile apps, you should leave Mobile sync set to Off.

QWin Premier subscription
  • John Black
    John Black Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, although I like to use the web, I'll give it a try
  • Protin.Arnaud
    Options

Same issue

• Aldur
    Aldur Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Super annoying

• sircody01
    sircody01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This started happening about a week ago. I'm using Quicken for Windows. Every time I do a Cloud Sync my bill reminders are changed from the BeforeSync image to the AfterSync image. Notice how many were changed from Auto to Reminder/Upcoming. Cloud sync is always doing this and always changing the same bill reminders. I don't spot anything in common with the ones that got modified. As I already stated, this just started happening recently. Just closing & restarting Quicken there's no problem. This only happens when I perform a Cloud Sync. I reset them all back to Auto, do a Cloud Sync, and they are changed back again to Reminder/Upcoming. I cannot Quicken to stop flipping them on me. Until this is fixed I will no longer use Cloud Sync.

Cody
  • John Black
    John Black Member ✭✭
    Options
    I turned the mobile sync off and seems to work, however I shouldn't have to give up one function for another to work...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I previously had every single item under "Bills and Income Reminders" set to "Automatically enter the transaction into the register 30 days in advance".

The number 30 may be what's upsetting Quicken now.
    Try setting the number down to 27 or less for monthly reminders.

I concur with you. This date calculation routine change from several months ago should be undone.

• Dan Neu
    Dan Neu Member
    Options

That makes four of us. Please fix this.

• gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Guess I will toss my hat in this ring as well. This has been happening to me for quite some time. Selling us on a mobile app and online access to our accounts only to find this long time bug is not cool. Please fix this.

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Options

Quicken Janean triumphantly proclaimed this issue was resolved; HOWEVER, it isn't.

I changed several of my recurring reminders back from "Remind" to "Auto Enter" and synched my file with the web. Quickly promptly changed all but a couple of transactions immediately back to Upcoming status or "Remind" status from Auto Enter.

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Options

Quicken Janean triumphantly proclaimed this issue was resolved; HOWEVER, it isn't.

I changed several of my recurring reminders back from "Remind" to "Auto Enter" and synched my file with the web. Quickly promptly changed all but a couple of transactions immediately back to Upcoming status or "Remind" status from Auto Enter.

• dglasser
    dglasser Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here; I'm still able to reproduce the issue. I'm running R49.33 on Windows 11. Perhaps there's a client upgrade necessary that hasn't been released yet, but it would have been nice if this were mentioned in the resolution.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I as well am still experiencing the issue as well. 😢

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

If you are still experiencing the issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

If you are still experiencing the issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Quicken Kristina

• Johnny M
    Johnny M Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am using the latest Quicken Starter edition and nothing has changed at all, In fact I just purchased and downloaded it on May31, And if I try and Do a sync to mobile, All of my bill income & reminders that I have setup on auto, (which is all of them), change to all upcoming, Even one of my deposits change from twice a month to monthly, I like using the future balance graph and this completely messes all of that up badly, I am using Starter Edition Version R 49:33

[Merged Post]

• gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That’s a huge bummer. I have used quicken for at least 25 years and never really ran into many issues until the last year. File corruption, preference resetting and horrible customer service.

I had one punk tell me it was not quickens fault that I don’t back up my file DAILY!? Really? Daily does not show confidence in your product.

I just manually entered all of my financial accounts into a new file I created due to “corruption” in my current file. One week after using it, quicken freezes at launch. I am told I have to restore from an update. Two days of edits and transactions lost that I get to fix.

I am moments away from going back to spreadsheets.
  • JollyLama
    JollyLama Member
    Options

The issue on the link was marked as "Resolved" on 6/2 but I'm still getting the issue that my "auto-entry" reminders are changed to "manual" after syncing online. I'd comment on that issue saying it wasn't actually fixed, but they've closed comments so adding here in case they're reading.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

If you are still encountering the issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Quicken Kristina

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Quicken Janean, [Removed-Disruptive] It is nowhere near resolved for any of us.

To all, call Quicken Support if you haven't already and get yourself added to the ticket. It is also helpful to “Report a problem…” under the Quicken Desktop Help menu. I have done both. And, I have taken the opportunity to clarify that:

• This issue does “affect the functionality of auto entry of the transaction”.
    • This issue is not limited to “Syncing to Mobile”.
    • There are no effective workarounds.

[Edited-Readability]

• lorenG
    lorenG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Quicken posted that this was resolved but I'm still having the same problem.

[Merged Post]

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

[Removed-language]. Why call it resolved?? [Removed-Argumentative] Still an issue!

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

If you are still experiencing this issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.