R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-7680)  

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kevin5
    Kevin5 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same problem here (with Fidelity brokerage accounts)

[Merged Post]

• LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

QWin Premiere 27.1.52.19

New with update 9/7/23

With every new investment account entry, the "Enter Valid Date" pops up.

[Merged Post]

• x89
    x89 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with Schwab.

• mrskillet
    mrskillet Member ✭✭
    Options

When I click Accept All for downloaded investment transactions, a pop-up error message appears with "Enter a valid date." The cursor is in the date field of the next blank entry, and the date appears normal. This only happens with investment transactions, and it has started doing this recently. I have version 52.20 Quicken Deluxe for Windows. I have done the validate file with no issues reported.

• rhvh2000
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. Perhaps introduced by the most recent update?

Quicken Premier
    Version: R52.20
    Build: 27.1.52.20
    Windows 11 Home

• slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Getting the same error since the app version update… Only investment accounts.

As per Quicken Support I uninstalled and re-installed - same error. The was told to restore data prior to update (not sure how that would help). Did the restore - same error…

I had performed a Super Validate prior to trying the proposed solutions.

• footloose
    Options

Same issue, as of the latest update installed this morning.

• slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE: Quicken Support just told me this is a know / reported error with no ETA for resolution.

• ericloew1
    Options

Same problem. Quicken wanted to spend way more time with me troubleshooting that I was will to, and already have spent an hour with them. I will just keep pressing the "OK" button on the invalid pop-up box. For $60 a year, I would have expected more.

• Hank Sutherland
    Options

Same problem. Charles Schwab. Doesn't happen for all accounts, but does happen for more than one.

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried 5 times to "Report a problem to quicken" about this issue, but Quicken FAILS to accept the problem report. It states:

Unable to send report to Quicken, please try again.

Which removes all my information and requires me to reenter all the information again. I have tried submitting problem reports over the years to Quicken and basically about 1 out of 5 actually go. Most fail with the above error message. Pretty bad when the Error Reporting mechanism has BUGS of its own :(

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem with Raymond James accounts

• Stan Kardonsky
    Options

Same error here. After downloading transactions, the pop-up appears in an investment account file. Annoying.

• William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem after I applied most recent update, R52.20. I was not having the problem before

• igor74
    igor74 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Also seeing this issue since R52.19 and R52.20 didn't fix it. I see it every time I apply downloaded transaction to investment accounts. I click through the message and keep going. As I recall, R52.19 involved a change that was supposed to ease the transition to a security change Discover Card is making on 9/27. Or at least I recently got a pop-up message from Quicken to that effect and an update was applied in response.

• jgrunner
    jgrunner Member ✭✭
    Options

If I open the transaction in the bottom download box first and then accept the transaction, I don't get this error when accepting

• stevedell
    stevedell Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting the "enter valid date" error message also. Running Quicken Deluxe R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20, Windoze 10 Home

• Mike Craig
    Mike Craig Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here for Schwab brokerage account.

• R Hyde
    R Hyde Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here.

• William
    William Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Me too. Same behavior after accepting download data in investment accounts.

• ddperrywa
    ddperrywa Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am running version R52.20 and build 27.1.52.20 - I am getting the "enter a valid date" message consistently

• Woodsmith
    Woodsmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows 11 Home operating system. Quicken Version R52.20 Build 27.1.52.20 .

As of 9/13/23 the following issue occurs when accepting downloaded investment transactions. The error outlined below does not occur when accepting downloaded banking transactions.

Download transactions using One Step Update

Select investment account that has red flag indication transaction(s) have been downloaded

Select a transaction from list in "Accept downloaded transactions into transaction list" window at bottom of screen

Select Accept on transaction. Transaction is entered in register.

Select Done

Transaction has been entered correctly but following error window pops up.

Selecting OK or using the X to close window closes the Enter a valid date pop up to close

• JayG2020
    JayG2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here

• GeoffreyRadbill
    Options

Same issue for me with Wells Fargo Trust accounts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams have discovered that this issue is occurring due to having auto-reconcile turned on for investment accounts. If you wish to have a workaround while waiting for a fix to be released, we advise turning off auto-reconcile for the time being.

A fix has been created and is set to be released in an upcoming update release, though we do not have an ETA available at this time.

Thank you!
    (CTP-7680/QWIN-22578)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• stevedell
    stevedell Member ✭✭
    Options

No joy. That recommendation doesn't work

• xcracer
    xcracer Member ✭✭
    Options

Just updated to R52.20, build 27.1.52.20. Now after accepting the last transaction or accepting all downloaded transactions for any of my investment accounts I get a error, "Enter a valid date" with an "OK" button. The error does not indicate which transaction has an invalid date, and all of the dates are valid. Seems like the last update is not causing this error.

• RLubrano
    Options

Same issue here!

I have tried all of the following previously posted recommendations and problem still persists.

Problem = Receiving a popup requesting to Enter a Valid Data when accepting downloaded transactions.

• Validate and Repair File
    • Super Validate and Repair File
    • Signout of Quicken ID from preferences and Sign back in

Currently running: ver R52.20 build 27.1.52.20

Is there a fix for this? Or will there be a patch released soon to resolve this?

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.