R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• marc
    marc Member ✭✭
    Options

After experiencing the same problem and being told by tech support that they were unaware of the problem, I was concerned that the error message could be masking other problems and reverted to version R51.12.

• Birute V
    Birute V Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing the same "enter valid date" problem from Schwab. I seem to be able to enter my transaction all of which have proper dates. Hope this is solved soon

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    Options

Moderator, please provide an update. 5 pages of issues to grab data from to fix the issue. Paying customers deserve and update and a fix.

• einstem
    einstem Member ✭✭
    Options

Same Issue.. following…

• docjam
    docjam Member
    Options

I'm curious on the timing when I started to see this error…it may have been coincident with a move of one of my accounts from TD Ameritrade to Charles Schwab…any other users go though that move and are now seeing the error? Mine was Labor Day weekend

• stevedell
    stevedell Member ✭✭
    Options

In May I moved my accounts from Merrill to Fidelity. It was working fine then. In the last few weeks, this error message started occurring when accepting downloaded financial transactions from an investment account.

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just updated to the latest release, R52.20. The same "Enter a valid date' pop up after I accept downloaded brokerage data and click "Done". This new bug showed up immediately after updating to 52.20. I submitted a bug report.

I echo what Cyclist said above, bugs that are years old and never, ever get fixed, for the $$ we pay yearly I'd like features to work. Mobile sync in particular is outright dangerous to use since it corrupts desktop files.

• J_21
    J_21 Member ✭✭
    Options

My records indicate that this problem first cropped up (for me at least) in version R52.19 that I installed 9/9/2023. I had been running R51.12 prior to the R52.19 update and a comparison of those may provide a clue as to what the fix might be. As a side note, disabling "Reconcile using online balance" in Account Details/Online Services did seem to fix the problem.

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Um, no, that is NOT the case. I do not have auto-reconcile on for any type of account but the issue started with 52.20 for me. I checked and that option isn't turned on.

If the patch is for just auto-reconcile then it will fix nothing.

• marc
    marc Member ✭✭
    Options

After experiencing the same problem and being told by tech support that they were unaware of the problem, I was concerned that the error message could be masking other problems and reverted to version R51.12.

• ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    Options

Reported this issue 2 weeks ago. No progress….

Called support today, they had not heard of the issue until I told them to simply search for "Quicken Enter valid date."

Response was not positive.

Quicken Team - THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE EXPERIENCED BY A NUMBER OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMERS. THIS FIX SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED A WEEK AGO!

I am tired of paying a subscription fee for a product that constantly has new bugs introduced. Is nobody at Quicken doing regression testing of new builds? This is a pretty simple error to reproduce, all you have to do is download new transactions!

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree.

The occurrence of disavowed or unknown software issues is unacceptable.

My question is are any of the responsible parties or analysts at Quicken actually avid users of Quicken for Windows?

I suspect not.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• ericloew1
    Options

Still happening to me too. Same as all the others… Quicken, don't you think you should at least take notice?!

• phakanson
    phakanson Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I tried to report the Enter error using Help > Report a problem as @Quicken Anja suggested, but I get an error "Unable to send report to Quicken". I am using version 52.20, Build 27.1.52.20. This is very frustrating. Please fix the issue, well both issues.

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

• zmcreynolds4
    Options

Annoying bug that is affecting me as well. With 20+ different accounts it comes up 20+ times after each update. Once for each account. Certainly makes Quicken look bad. They should want to fix it.

• Tom Guild
    Tom Guild Member ✭✭
    Options

same here! Using current Quicken version, same as the poster above. How's that fix coming along?

• ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me on investment accounts. Do not use auto reconcile, so that is not the problem.

• igor74
    igor74 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken may be up to some sort of maintenance on their servers. I have one CC account that goes through all the motions of a download but doesn't actually retrieve the transactions that are there. A reset does nothing to fix it. So, on top of this Invalid date pop-up, there are other issues. There's like a pattern to this. It seems like every fall, around September, the download function breaks in some way.

• rayseidlinger
    Options

Same issue. If Quicken needs a "enter valid date" then quicken should take the individual to the place where an invalid date has been entered.

• bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, my investment account does not have auto reconcile turned on and I am getting the error message with Enter a Valid Date.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right. Mine does not even offer it and I am on the lastest version. None of this makes sense.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Scroll up through this discussion to my comment of 9/21 to see a workaround for this problem.

QWin Premier subscription
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the same issue happen to me before. It's always happened when the option to send a sanitized Quicken data file option was selected.

At the 2nd try with the option turned off, the bug report submission was successful.

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Quicken Janean Hope the timeframe is something reasonable like weeks instead of months considering the issue affects pretty much everyone. [Edited - Readability]

• Stacey
    Stacey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sept 26, 2023: Still happening. When I accept downloaded transactions with "accept all" I get the invalid date box and have to select the OK box afterwards before I can do anything else. If I accept the transactions one at a time, then I don't get the invalid date box.

This discussion has been closed.