Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member ✭✭
    Options

The latest update ONLY updated the logo and name; same functionality and the issue remains…

• lcindallas
    lcindallas Member ✭✭
    Options

sigh… started about a week ago and is still not working. manually importing my transaction until then. maybe i should send quicken a bill as their software which i am paying a subscription for, is not working. 🤬

• reeseg
    reeseg Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Maybe nt a refund, but a subscription extension for the amount of time this is inoperable.

• Kennett
    Kennett Member ✭✭
    Options

just adding the list. I'm having this problem as well. Very frustrating.

• BuddyFriendBuddy
    BuddyFriendBuddy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Totally agree. We are paying for Quicken to keep OWA working so that I don't have to manually download transactions or balance my checkbook with a calculator.

So far in the last 3-6 months, I've had this Fidelity/Elan fiasco, Discover bank has stopped working (works for others but I am still having issues), and I had to update my bank's username and password because there was a Quicken breach so they deactivated my remote account access until I called and verified myself and made the changes. Quicken is having a rough go of it.

[Removed - Speculation]

• Jimbo61
    Jimbo61 Member
    Options

I guess its a known problem as this is exactly the message and sequence that I am receiving

• MSVA
    MSVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken removed the bulk of my last comment, calling it a "rant." The part deleted asked the following question: why does Quicken, which charges a subscription fee to aggregate and transfer data supplied for free by financial institutions, blame (almost always) the financial institutions for connectivity issues?

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Clarifying my previous comment, I was logging in to the Fidelity account that was working not Quicken.

• IanFrost
    IanFrost Member ✭✭
    Options

If it helps, I am also having an issue setting this account up in the Bill Pay section for Quick Pay. Probably related.

• mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And I am having a similar problem since Sep 24 that continues to today Sep 30. CC-502 when attempting to update Elan Financial (Fidelity Visa) account.

Is there any activity on this?

Different subject (I know, but just in case it's related): Transactions downloaded for investment accounts have been asking "Enter a correct date" when they are accepted / entered. There's no problem with the date, press OK move on.

• dukeontop
    dukeontop Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also being bitten by this bug failing to update Elan Financial (Fidelity VISA). As another data point, this same problem happened to me in November 2022, but I was able to work around it by manually downloading transactions which resulted in Quicken creating a new Elan Financial Services account. I then edited the new account, and under Online Services clicked the link to choose a better method than Web Connect. After supplying my security credentials, Quicken was able to connect to Elan. I then went back to my original account and was able to download transactions there as well (go figure). I trashed the new account and things have been working until a little over a week ago. I re-tried this procedure (twice), but it unfortunately didn't work around the issue this time.

I'm anxiously awaiting a fix as automatic downloads are a primary reason for using Quicken.

mbusbusiness - The "Enter a correct date" is another known issue covered in a different thread. I hope they fix that one too, but downloading transactions is obviously the bigger annoyance here.

• LF3550
    LF3550 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

MYACCOUNTACCESS.COM takes me to my Credit Card Account at Comerica Bank, where I can download Credit card transactions by date in the Quicken Format for importing into Quicken.

[Merged Post]

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mbusbusiness -

Different subject (I know, but just in case it's related): Transactions downloaded for investment accounts have been asking "Enter a correct date" when they are accepted / entered. There's no problem with the date, press OK move on.

This is not related to the Elan/Fidelity Rewards CC-502/CC-505 issue which is caused by some sort of server or other technical issue at Elan resulting in Elan blocking or not recognizing Quicken connections (or more accurately, Intuit connections) . Until they fix their server/technical issue setting up an Express Web Connect connection and downloading via OSU or Update Now is not possible. But the manual download/import Web Connect process is working very well so if you need/want to download transaction you might want to use that method until the issue is resolved.

The "Enter a correct date" is a known issue which a Moderator has posted will be fixed in an upcoming R53.XX version update. We don't know the exact date but it's pretty safe to assume it will happen in Oct. As you mentioned, it's not a big issue….just a bit of a nuisance.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• BK65
    BK65 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

It would be nice to have a selection at the beginning of the webpage to request a notification from Quicken when the issue is resolved. Maybe you wouldn't need 1,000's reporting the same problem. [Edited - Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BK65,

If you wish to be notified when the issue is resolved, I recommend that you bookmark the Community Alert for the issue. You can find the link to that Community Alert in this earlier post:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ramjack
    ramjack Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue with he Elan Credit Card. Other credit cards continue to work correctly. What is the latest status on this issue?

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hopefully Quicken Christina, you understand the issue has been ongoing for more than7 days or more. Maybe Quicken can get some of the resources used to change the name to Quicken Classic to now focus on resolution. The duration and lack of progress shows customer service and problem resolution is not what a business would expect.

• TX7700
    TX7700 Member
    Options

Adding to the list. I am still having this problem today. It has not worked for over a month. This is my primary credit card, so not being able to import transactions is very inconvenient.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Elan Financial has clearly accepted responsibility for the issue and are working to resolve it…… not much Quicken can do to despite yours and many others [Removed - Disruptive] posts!

• jmkkgus
    jmkkgus Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem since 9/21. I'm getting FDP-102.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

>Elan Financial has clearly accepted responsibility
    When did that happen? When did they stop blaming Quicken?

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's certainly not nonsense when it has been inoperable for an extended time. Is there something from Elan financial accepting responsibility as your post suggests or are you speculating?

• Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options

"Elan Financial has clearly accepted responsibility for the issue…"

I downloaded transactions from Elan Financial Services this Sunday morning using Empower.com, but I cannot DL using Quicken. Since Elan Financial does communicate with some sites but not Quicken, the problem may be with the Quicken cloud.

• CCampbell
    CCampbell Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

When is Quicken going to fix this credit card download problem that so many others seem to have?

Their offered solutions do not work and I doubt it is the credit cards fault.

Thank you.

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems unlikely that the problem is soley in the elan software end of the update, as elan account updates work very reliably at other websites where external account updating is done - in my case, both "fidelity investments" and "personal capital". Amazing to me that a problem such as this can persist for weeks without a resolution from quicken/intuit, as the external account updates are the main reason that many customers use Quicken in the first place.

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just because the problem may or may not only occur with Quicken does not necessarily mean the problem isn't with Elan.

• lawsonmabry
    lawsonmabry Member ✭✭
    Options

As a temporary measure one can download transactions from the Elan link on the Fidelity website.

From the transactions register, click on "download transactions", then specify start and end dates (start the day after your last downloaded transactions), and specify "Quicken (QFX.)". After downloading the file click on the file and the transactions will be downloaded into your Quicken register.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Thomas Roche

Please post the source documentation that Elan accepted the responsibility for this issue otherwise, you could be promulgating false information.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dennis Mc

Please post the documentation that Elan accepted the responsibility for this issue otherwise, you could be promulgating false information.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

If ELAN has accepted responsibility I would suspect Quicken would know that and post it.

This discussion has been closed.